Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

mntlion takes a skibatical this winter

I'm very excited to announce that I'll be taking a "skiabbatical" this winter!

This year, from Jan 15-april1 I will be based out of Bozeman MT, and skiing Bridger Bowl, plus and doing a few roadtrips from bridger too. Very excited about the winter.

So the basic plan is done work boot fitting in banff Jan 15 and head down to bozeman (anyone want to rent me a place jan 15 - April1?) Trip is made more affordable with my skibig3 pass (banff area) is part of the mountain collective. This gives me 50% off at all other MC resorts. http://mountaincollective.com/ Also the Bridger Bowl pass gives me 3 free days at each of the other power alliance resorts http://www.powderalliance.com/

Overall plan is I'll be skiing BB for 15 days, then on the road for about 10 days. First trip is to Tahoe at the end of Jan, into early Feb. Then back to Bozeman, and end of Feb head down to jackson/Thargee/SLC and maybe in CO area. And a final trip in end of March or early April to the PNW to ski some coastal snow. Bridger closes April5, so back to banff and ski april and may back home.

Have phunnz! Post up lots of pictures of you in compromising positions.
    watch out for snakes

You should do a brewery tour here in Missoula and down the Bitterroot. There's like a bazillion of them now
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Definitely keep us posted on your year. Have fun and be open to experiences that come your way.

Look me up if you make to Jackson!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Don't forget to visit the East!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Skibee?
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Awesome. If it's a decent year at Bridger, you may want to try to spend a lot more time there. You will know what I mean after skiing there. Lots to explore.

Sounds rad... jealous.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

WTF? Your job is better than our vacations and you have to take a sabbatical?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I can't put you up the whole time, but you are welcome to crash on my couch a few nights in Big Sky if needed.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_lives View Post
    Skibee?
    She's working: Someone has to pay for my trip???? (She will be joining me at Tahoe. Maybe other places)

You got a place to crash when you get down here, Dave. Just shout.

We're having a pretty good year in Crested Butte and we're on the powder alliance pass. Probably worth it if you're heading this far (and how many times will you have the chance?) Got room for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    We're having a pretty good year in Crested Butte and we're on the powder alliance pass. Probably worth it if you're heading this far (and how many times will you have the chance?) Got room for you.
    ya, it was on the plan for after the jackson/SLC trip. I will take you up on that. I can make you diner, you proved room for my sleeping bag.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You got a place to crash when you get down here, Dave. Just shout.
    thansk skibees dad booked a timeshare in the south lake area. but will get in to see you either way

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I can't put you up the whole time, but you are welcome to crash on my couch a few nights in Big Sky if needed.

thanks man,

Skibee is one rad chica to let you go on this trip alone without her!

Yeah, definitely hit goldenboy & I up if you even think of heading down to CB
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    Skibee is one rad chica to let you go on this trip alone without her!

Yeah, definitely hit goldenboy & I up if you even think of heading down to CB

yup, she has worked/traveled a lot solo. my turn now

Thanks, will do. thanks very much, this makes the trip a bit more doable now. odds are I will ski 2-3 days at CB, after using my free tickets up in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yup, she has worked/traveled a lot solo. my turn now

Thanks, will do. thanks very much, this makes the trip a bit more doable now. odds are I will ski 2-3 days at CB, after using my free tickets up in SLC.
    If you need a pad in SLC I can totally take care of that. We have an apartment/bar over the garage that gets little use. All yours if you need.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    If you need a pad in SLC I can totally take care of that. We have an apartment/bar over the garage that gets little use. All yours if you need.

WOW, thanks.

This was not intended as a "help me stay somewhere" but the offers are great....

I have a 3 free days at Snowbasin, and 50% off at Alta/Bird. plus what where ever else I want to buy/ski.

Thanks Teleeee, odds are I will take you up on that.

Nice mtnlion! Sounds like a good winter. Hit me up if you get to Whistler. I will be around here till April.

Lets shred mon.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Don't forget to visit the East!
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

WROD doesn't get any better than this!
    You won't find this in SLC
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Lets shred mon.
    Tone Capone is a great guide
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

I still been kickin around when it's above zero, American. The hill is shaping up good man, you'll love Bridger.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Pussy View Post
    You won't find this in SLC
    Looks like Cloudmont, awesome!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!