Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    I have been on the red Corvus for last 2 seasons just mounted up 2016 pinks, you say the red is different beast, was not aware they changed the ski other than graphics. Did they soften up the pink, dimensions and turn radius is the same.
    Yes I have been told the pink is significantly softer and more accessible, even though dimensions are the same

I will have to wait until next season to see how I like the softer version, might work ok for me i'm a light weight at 6'/165lb. Perhaps they will take a little less energy/effort. I hope they have not lost the ability to blast through the crud and the stability they provide, not sure I ever reached the limits of these.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Yes I have been told the pink is significantly softer and more accessible, even though dimensions are the same
    Damn, if new pink ones are softer, the old ones must have been super burly!
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Damn, if new pink ones are softer, the old ones must have been super burly!
    Yes. It was too burly for me.

Stiff but chargy

They charge hard!

Black Crows Atris- anyone skied it?

Anyone skied the corvus freebird?
    Sfotex, what's the weight of your 183's?
    Aggressive in my own mind

Skied both navis and corvus freebird, and did not like them so much. After the diet, imvho they've lost theirs temper and stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Skied both navis and corvus freebird, and did not like them so much. After the diet, imvho they've lost theirs temper and stamina.
    thanks verb...maybe I'll try and demo the corvus in jackson next year...

does the non-freebird version of the corvus weigh about 2250 per ski then in the 183 (around 5 lbs?), then?
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by ARL67 View Post
    Some Atris Stoke Pics ! I was in Germany/Austria last week and impulse-bought these at the last minute. I'll only get to hand-f*ck them until next season.

Any Atris owners have some feedback after some time on these skis? I'm thinking about grabbing a pair in 189. Debating between these and the DPS Wailer F106. Looking for something fun, floaty, playful and works in all conditions. Being I'm 6'3 and 195 I'm assuming 184 is too short?

Thanks!

Yeah, that description works for these. Definitely go 189. They ski a bit short.

How are they on the groomers? I'm talking mountain west groomers, I'm in the Wasatch? Looking for this to be a one quiver ski. Do you find them to be forgiving, not having to be on it all the time?

Yeah, pretty forgiving.

As others have said, they ski a bit short, do everything pretty well and are enjoyable to ski. Unless you're looking for a im103, LP105, MX98 type replacement, I think these will make most people happy.

Also, the women's version is well loved by my wife and others. She's coming from stiff, tradionally cambered, big-girl skis and she's very happy with the Atris Birdies.

I am 183 cm and 80kg. I have last year's 184 Atris mounted on the line with Vipec blacks. These were bought as a ski to tour from the lifts with, which is the majority of the small amount of skiing I do. I don't ski particularly hard, I don't jump off things and am a gaper by TGR standards.

I have four days on the Atris in a mixture of conditions - old powder, sun affected old snow, mixed crust and firm pistes. Typical European conditions. It is a really solid, intuitive all round ski. Just really predictable, reliable and stable - despite the sidecut. It has a top end that I am not a strong enough skier to access. It also felt solid but not demanding skiing fast on firm pistes.

I was also surprised by the Vipec. Yes, it looks like Lego made a ski binding but it skis very well. I had several points where I would have been sent flying out of my Dynafit verticals but the elasticity in the toepiece gave me the time I needed to recover. They are also much, much better on firm snow than the verticals. While the "I'm going to fucking fly out of these things any second" feeling has a certain je ne sais quoi, I am not sad to see the back of it. For the skiing I like, they are an ideal match for the Atris.

Quote Originally Posted by recoveringflatlander View Post
    How are they on the groomers? I'm talking mountain west groomers, I'm in the Wasatch? Looking for this to be a one quiver ski. Do you find them to be forgiving, not having to be on it all the time?
    Bought them last year, not as a one ski quiver, but as a playful daily driver. Skied them 8-10 times with Wardens and Mtn Labs/Cochises. Wasn't that impressed. Sold them. Just didn't thrill me. Didn't handle heavier snow that well, but wasn't quick or playful in trees etc either. I can see them being a good ski in snow with a lower water content.
    Caveats: I've never had a ski with sallys or dukes that I've loved. Like fks-type bindings. And I start to think that center mounted skis just aren't my thing. Maybe if I had mounted them - 1 or - 2?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Hey @Smails- sorry to resurrect your comments but when researching the Black Crows Corvus I came across this nugget:

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    They are a great resort pow, variable, who knows what you are going to get kind of ski. Like an old Gotama. Very impressed so far with Black Crows.
    I'm looking to finally replace my beloved old Ninja black 183 goats, with the big tails and before the sidecut change, as an everyday ski here in the PNW. Sounds like you found the Corvus (2016 pink version?) to be a good option. Can you please share any more details on direct comparison between the 2016 corvus and old goats? Curious if they ski about the same length (both 183 but the gotama tails are kicked more obviously), performance etc etc. thanks!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    the more I research the more my head spins. holy shit there are a lot of options out there. I think I've convinced myself the corvus might be a little too burly for what I'm looking for (everyday ski for PNW coming from old school gotamas). Now, despite the low turn radius, I'm thinking the Atris might be a good fit. some folks on this thread say they deliver all over the hill, others say meh, not good on groomers etc. I'm 5'8", 150lbs, 'advanced' skier, like opening it up but lack race pedigree finesse and skill. Anyone close to my profile care to weigh in?

Hey I’m just shy of 5’10” intermediate skier. Got a great deal on the 16/17 atris 184 but can’t help but wonder if I should just shell out the extra cash and go 178. Like I said, intermediate, don’t drop anything too big, throwing the tectons on and plan to do 70/30 bc vs resort. Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by yapajake View Post
    Hey I’m just shy of 5’10” intermediate skier. Got a great deal on the 16/17 atris 184 but can’t help but wonder if I should just shell out the extra cash and go 178. Like I said, intermediate, don’t drop anything too big, throwing the tectons on and plan to do 70/30 bc vs resort. Advice?
    Get this years but in 184. I skied the 189 and it does ski short. Unfortunately I cant say about last years model as they changed a few things so its risky.

Anyone skied the '18 Atris? Curious if the changes to flex and radius made this ski more stable as claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Anyone skied the '18 Atris? Curious if the changes to flex and radius made this ski more stable as claimed.
    I skied them in the 189cm a couple weeks back. Seems to feel a little more stable/directional and the tip/tail tapers are slightly broader. I don't think they're that much stiffer. 189 still felt great and manageable; as others have said, they ski a bit short.

I skied the Atris in a 189 about a month ago and they were great in evey thing but powder which was strange. I ended up buying Bill Goats with a discount code shared on this forum for substantially less than what the local shop wanted for the Atris. The Billy Goats suited me better and the price and more durable bases were deciding factors.

Black Crows Atris- anyone skied it?

2018 189 Atris for $406 on the ski monster website, with code CYBERMONDAY

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 04-08-2018 at 09:38 PM.

^^That is the best price I've seen. I wish I could demo them, reviews say they ski short. Would be nice to also try the 193 Corvus.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    2018 189 Atris for $406 on the ski monster website, with code CYBERMONDAYSent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Wow! Much better deal than what I was quoted.