Thread: Cry Me A River

Cry Me A River

RIP Joe Cocker

Joe Cocker has died after a long battle with lung cancer, reports ITV News. He was 70 years old.
    Cocker was known for his bluesy, gravely voice and skyrocketed to prominence with his cover of the Beatles’ “With A Little Help From My Friends,” which he performed at Woodstock in 1969.
    In 1975, his song “You Are So Beautiful”, reached No 5. in the charts in the US. He also won a GRAMMY award in 1983 for his US No. 1 duet with Jennifer Warnes, “Up Where We Belong.”
    Born in Sheffield, England, Cocker started performing in various groups at a very young age. He formed the Grease Band in 1966, and later performed on TV shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show and This Is Tom Jones.
    Known for his twitchy, erratic movements on stage, Cocker played SNL in 1976 and was playfully impersonated by John Belushi.
    His last album, Fire It Up, was released in 2011.

http://radio.com/2014/12/22/joe-cocker-dead-at-70/

The performance at SNL with Belushi was too funny.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Sad news. Saw him at the jubilee auditorium in Edmonton in '95. Greatly enjoyed his live performance.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Such a huge bummer. Dude was badass.