Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2292
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Worse....

Tele skier
    BTDT….back to alpines after 29 glorious years of telemarking. Even I don't care that I used to tele…...
    Rob "Stayalert" M
    Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Great day on the hill today cleaning up a bunch of deadfall and bullshit with MNIAW and krp.

Attachment 169153

I hope y'all are ready to get sendy this winter because Magic will be. I'm already daydreaming about ripping this shit.
    For those not in the know, that is the spot where most of Magic's best marketing pics are shot. It certainly didn't look like that when DoWork, krp and I got there earlier today.

Nothing like the satisfaction of making something great even greater. DoWork has a great plan for the work days this year. Making existing stuff better and at least 1 new spot that we walked through today. Come be a part of the solution on September 26, October 10 (Columbus Day Weekend), and/or October 17 which, by coincidence is Ullr-fest at Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    For those not in the know, that is the spot where most of Magic's best marketing pics are shot. It certainly didn't look like that when DoWork, krp and I got there earlier today.

Nothing like the satisfaction of making something great even greater. DoWork has a great plan for the work days this year. Making existing stuff better and at least 1 new spot that we walked through today. Come be a part of the solution on September 26, October 10 (Columbus Day Weekend), and/or October 17 which, by coincidence is Ullr-fest at Magic.
    Nice work. Hoping to not tag a tree on the way out of that this year....

90% chance that I can make it to Ullrfest this year, though I'll be late for the work day (coaching...)

DW - Glad we got a chance to talk through some of our ideas about locations for work day clearing.

Leaves here in CT have started to change color. Can't wait for winter!
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Nice work. Hoping to not tag a tree on the way out of that this year....
    The tree seems to be doing fine in case you were worried.

Great day on the hill today cleaning up a bunch of deadfall and bullshit with MNIAW and krp.

Attachment 169153

I hope y'all are ready to get sendy this winter because Magic will be. I'm already daydreaming about ripping this shit.
    Hiking up to this certainly put me in my place, thanks for the patience.

Little more (chainsaw) work to be done to clear the go around, but a huge improvement and a nice pile of undergrowth moved to the side.

MNIAW, thanks for the brews afterwards, that Sip may have ruined me, nothing like it in the fridge when I got home!
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by stayalert View Post
    ?...My ears were sizzling like bacon ready to be plucked….(ouch my fingers are feeling the burn) and sure as shit….I visit here and people are throwing around things like reggae shark, hammocks, trees, ULLLRFEST, Magic, Capt. bacon, jockey box……Is this Oct. 17 date for real? If I can make make my commitments & priorities line up accordingly
    Did someone say, Reggae Shark?!

Last edited by BigDaddy; 08-30-2015 at 06:55 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    DW - Glad we got a chance to talk through some of our ideas about locations for work day clearing.

#dreamteam

I seriously hope people are ready for the best season yet.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Attachment 169153

Love what you have done with the place
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Fuck off beaters
    Yo homie claus...it looks like I'm going to actually make it to Magic this yr! I have to 'work' at Mt Snow for a couple days in March, so I'll turn it into a magical mystery tour. Can't wait to poach your lines.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yo homie claus...it looks like I'm going to actually make it to Magic this yr! I have to 'work' at Mt Snow for a couple days in March, so I'll turn it into a magical mystery tour. Can't wait to poach your lines.

Dude that's excellent news, looking forward to showing you around our humble abode!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Dude that's excellent news, looking forward to showing you around our humble abode!

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Love what you have done with the place

Hey, quick scythe question- are Seymours decent? Got a line on an AL SN-9 snath I think would really help with weird underbrush and briars, but also which blade would you recommend for heavier crap and not grass? I have no idea where to start but we spent a ton of time battling through annoying brush. I feel like I've asked this before but now it's moved to the forefront of the "need" category. I am looking at the short (20") brush blade, as I feel like that would be best, but I'm not sure. Your sage advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also a good scything cigar recommendation would probably be in order

Attachment 169153

not the good shit man, cmon already. fucking first they turn our thread into the ECRC, now a guy shows up once! and he gets shown around? fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    not the good shit man, cmon already. fucking first they turn our thread into the ECRC, now a guy shows up once! and he gets shown around? fuck that.
    You ski around all the good shit as I recall.

As long as we don't give up the "Full Blown Glaidz". We'll always have that.

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    You ski around all the good shit as I recall.

Hey man, that's just flat out not true.

He also falls down in the middle of them sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    As long as we don't give up the "Full Blown Glaidz". We'll always have that.
    pfft...I ski dat shite switch to the road.

And truly MMP, I don't make those slopply tele smear turns...there will be plenty of untracked left once I blast thru...the first time anyway

edit...and further more!...DW and I are Cowhampshire folk, not flatlanders like youz complaining over there. You're lucky we allow youz over the border!

oh' great, another hippy. I can smell the hummus already.

Hey, quick scythe question- are Seymours decent? Got a line on an AL SN-9 snath I think would really help with weird underbrush and briars, but also which blade would you recommend for heavier crap and not grass? I have no idea where to start but we spent a ton of time battling through annoying brush. I feel like I've asked this before but now it's moved to the forefront of the "need" category. I am looking at the short (20") brush blade, as I feel like that would be best, but I'm not sure. Your sage advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also a good scything cigar recommendation would probably be in order
    Brush blade for sure http://seymourmidwest.com/en/21420 but search around for that blade, their price is way above street. I use the seymour snath, mostly because I'd probably break the fancy wooden items. You will need adjustable wrench and a phillips in the field. Things do loosen up but don't get aggressive with tightening the fasteners.

I tend to stick with La Flor Dominicana, Double Ligero; they come in several sizes. The regular Ligero is probably a good starter. LFD are creeping up in price, so Partagas and some of the other Dominican suspects are also good. Cuban cigars are worth looking at for the regular smoker, but no doubt there will be a flood of junk due to the changes in policy. The TeAmo brand, from Mexico is good if you stick to their nicer models...some of their Toros are pretty good and price out much lower than LFD et al.

The better shops will do a sampler pack of various brands and sizes. My local does 4 packs for $12. The 4 sticks never seem to total at less than $22 so its a super deal. Some shops may appear to do samplers, but might just be getting rid of stock so always check the value
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    edit...and further more!...DW and I are Cowhampshire folk, not flatlanders like youz complaining over there. You're lucky we allow youz over the border!

Hey I'm a Masshole. Landers don't get much flatter than me haha

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    oh' great, another hippy. I can smell the hummus already.
    I luv me some hummus...umm tasty!

Oh fuck, say it isn't so!

Actually, I'm the one at sea level and probably flatter and lower than all...shh

No control knob, our only hope was a containment state
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Worse....

Tele skier