Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2292
    Slednecks at Magic have not been good for the mountain in the past. After hours poaching absolutely trashed the East side last(?) season with huge ruts on Up Your Sleeve, Medium and Mystery.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Anyone (else) skiing today?

how do they make it work at platty?

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Slednecks at Magic have not been good for the mountain in the past. After hours poaching absolutely trashed the East side last(?) season with huge ruts on Up Your Sleeve, Medium and Mystery.

Perhaps we should load up some paintball guns and go hang out on sunshine tonight lol

I honestly hope it really brings in some $$$ to Magic, because the sledneck retards are regularly a big issue up there. Between cutting gates, trashing shacks and ripping up the groomed trails, they have really made a fucking massive nuisance of themselves in the past and recently. It really sucks that Timmy goes out of his way for them so far, and a few bad eggs are just so fucking douchey they give everyone else a bad name- A REALLY bad name.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Perhaps we should load up some paintball guns and go hang out on sunshine tonight lol

I honestly hope it really brings in some $$$ to Magic, because the sledneck retards are regularly a big issue up there. Between cutting gates, trashing shacks and ripping up the groomed trails, they have really made a fucking massive nuisance of themselves in the past and recently. It really sucks that Timmy goes out of his way for them so far, and a few bad eggs are just so fucking douchey they give everyone else a bad name- A REALLY bad name.
    Yes you have a major point here that a FEW BAD EGGS do fuck things up for others.....With that said SLEDNECKS generally have no problem spending money considering how much the sport costs, so hopefully this event will genreate some good flow for MAGIC......Again a few fuck up screw things up for everyone else.....especailly when it comes to private land that gets opened up for VAST.......Either way again hope it brings $$$$$$ plus i dont mind the smell of two stroke......
    always forward but never straight

Looks like I picked the right wknd to sit on a beach, the sacrifices I've been making for you people these days are really paying off....

I was trying to remain positive on this as I want magic to make money. It's only a matter of time that having 1 running chair will bite them bad. But I do wish that skiing and skiing events were the bigger priority. Maybe blow snow for a respectable park and have competitions on that. The freeride tour and racing seem to provide good stoke and hopefully numbers and money. Maybe delve more in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    I was trying to remain positive on this as I want magic to make money. It's only a matter of time that having 1 running chair will bite them bad. But I do wish that skiing and skiing events were the bigger priority. Maybe blow snow for a respectable park and have competitions on that. The freeride tour and racing seem to provide good stoke and hopefully numbers and money. Maybe delve more in that direction.
    Good comments for the suggestion box.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Good comments for the suggestion box.

FIFY

^^^ ain't that the truth. Sometimes I imagine out loud! I ski with my 7 yo and like most he want to hit jumps and fun boxes. He follows me everywhere on the mountain and loves it, but it would be so cool if along the sides of their wider runs were some fun features. That way we would both get what we want. Also I think the free ride team would benefit. Integrated features would be more "magic"for sure. More so than a park.

Natural features> boxes & rails

Had a blast Thursday w a Magic newbie. Plenty of fresh to be found in the woods. He came away very impressed. $20 is a friggin steal anyday but right now it's pure robbery. BLT to end day was also nice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425086213.136469.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	164581

Quote Originally Posted by GOB_Bluth View Post
    Had a blast Thursday w a Magic newbie. Plenty of fresh to be found in the woods. He came away very impressed. $20 is a friggin steal anyday but right now it's pure robbery. BLT to end day was also nice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425086213.136469.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	164581

Can't wait to get up there this weekend.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

In the small world department....

I go to the 99 Restaurant in Clifton Park every Thursday for trivia night in the bar. It's halfway home from work and the 2-fer-1 Rebel IPAs call my name.

Last night was no exception. I'm quaffing beer #1 and gnawing on some chicken wings when who walks in? Everybody's favorite kilt-wearing Seattle Seahawks fan in town for business.

Small world...

OK, first time for me headed to Magic. Who will be skiing Saturday? Can I meet up with any of you? How do I identify a 'maggot'? Most importantly, how much should I tip the valet parking boys?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    In the small world department....

I go to the 99 Restaurant in Clifton Park every Thursday for trivia night in the bar. It's halfway home from work and the 2-fer-1 Rebel IPAs call my name.

Last night was no exception. I'm quaffing beer #1 and gnawing on some chicken wings when who walks in? Everybody's favorite kilt-wearing Seattle Seahawks fan in town for business.

Small world...
    How did you get your wings before you finished your first beer? That's weird.

All tips go in the little cardboard box near the lift.

Yawn...just another awesome day at Magic. Snow is fantastic, the lines are down to 5 minutes or less and we found untracked snow in the trees all day...Granted, it wasn't shin deep but 3-5" on top of a great base made for very enjoyable sliding.

How were the snowcross related crowds?
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Had a great first day at Magic--fun mountain! That trail under the black chair is cool, and I skied some other good ones. Only issue was when I got lost on the backside. Ran into one maggot on the chair who told me that the other side where the other chair runs has gnarly terrain and still a lot of soft snow. I tried to follow his direction (took a flat, long trail off the top sort of going left from the red chair), but couldn't find the other lift. Ended up with a bunch of snowmobilers near an abandoned lodge (I think). I asked them where the lift was but they didn't know. After trying to hike back for half an hour I got a lift from some snowmobiler who brought me back to the main area. Still, good skiing--planning on being back soon. And thanks for the PM from Rusty and his friend, but I think I just missed you guys in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage Skier View Post
    Had a great first day at Magic--fun mountain! That trail under the black chair is cool, and I skied some other good ones. Only issue was when I got lost on the backside. Ran into one maggot on the chair who told me that the other side where the other chair runs has gnarly terrain and still a lot of soft snow. I tried to follow his direction (took a flat, long trail off the top sort of going left from the red chair), but couldn't find the other lift. Ended up with a bunch of snowmobilers near an abandoned lodge (I think). I asked them where the lift was but they didn't know. After trying to hike back for half an hour I got a lift from some snowmobiler who brought me back to the main area. Still, good skiing--planning on being back soon. And thanks for the PM from Rusty and his friend, but I think I just missed you guys in the afternoon.
    Really? Lol

Damn fine trolling in the works....

Anyone up for showing me around near the "abandoned lodge" tomorrow? I'm a JONG when it comes to touring, but have had skins, bindings and boots long nought its time to put them to use. Patience may be required...
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    How were the snowcross related crowds?
    They were expecting 3000 people each day...yesterday they sold 362 tickets.

The parking lot out at Taylor Farm was looking pretty empty when we came back from a quick skin lap at Snow Valley this morning. I would say the crowd impact was negligible.

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    They were expecting 3000 people each day...yesterday they sold 362 tickets.

The parking lot out at Taylor Farm was looking pretty empty when we came back from a quick skin lap at Snow Valley this morning. I would say the crowd impact was negligible.
    Ouch.

Hope he didn't negotiate a percentage of the gate

Wow, as much as I hate crowds, Magic likely needed one this weekend.

Did a mellow tour in the Lye brook wilderness, ~3 miles in sucked, especially the flat slog at the beginning. In the end didn't ski the slide I wanted, my legs were dead and the snow had a solid sun baked crust to break through. Found some OK stashes here and there though, 5-6 turns at a time to make me woot. There are some really nice pitches in there, only downfall is you have to hike back out of a drainage from what i could see. Need to study the map a bit more and see if I would get cliffed out further down the brook or if it would lead back to the road.

My legs are dead though, I used muscles today i forgot I had. Good exercise though!