Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    You crushed part of Red. We saw you, hated you, applauded you, then followed you.

Well we made it. Nice little snow squall at the moment too...

Lodge suprisingly dead, what key fact am I missing? I'll be out in a few, gRey pants blue coat, GF black pants and purple coat
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

What you're missing is not in the lodge. We're out now and the skiing is awesome.

No shit. Got on the lift right behind u and matt
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

No need for profanity.

Dowork, MMP.. Big thanks for letting me follow you guys around this morning. Skiing was awesome.

Anybody know Magic's plan for the coming storm? In past years they didn't open day of, so as to let the snow accumulate. Then they'd open the next day... Not sure how the new managment plans to handle such things though. I'm hoping they're not open Tues and open on Wed. That would make travel much easier for me.

BTW - Bernie Rayno now calling for 2+ feet in So VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    Anybody know Magic's plan for the coming storm? In past years they didn't open day of, so as to let the snow accumulate. Then they'd open the next day... Not sure how the new managment plans to handle such things though. I'm hoping they're not open Tues and open on Wed. That would make travel much easier for me.
    Nevermind... According to Facebook it looks like they're shooting for Wednesday. Which is perfect. Anyway - sorry. I should have tried to answer the question myself first.

So, can any of you asshats down there actually ski/ride? (Calm down, it's a joke) Have not skied Magic since the 80s but have always loved the Hill and admired the camaraderie from afar. After multiple years of swearing I'll get down there, this might be the time. I'll be the old gimp in green skiing with a chick who rips. Tell us to piss off if you figure out who we are.

Whether or not we make it I hope you guys and gals get hammered (and not just at the pub). Could be REALLY good.

Based on the coverage today (deep, dense, edgeable styrofoam), if even a fraction of this comes through the whole mountain will be a playground.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

^^^I feel like my head will explode from the shear volume of options!

Looking at weather right now driving anywhere on Tuesday might be a shitshow, fingers crossed work declares a state of emergency and closes for at least a few shifts....

The begging and pleading has been done and permission has be secured from the wife to hit Magic on Wednesday. May be deeper down here in CT, but the local bump isn't steep enough to handle 2+' and I need a magic pow day in a major way. Gird your loins, the chairman of the boards is coming to town.

If you begged for permission, you ain't the chairman of nothing!

Can't believe we're shaping up for an epic hammering. Shit even 6" would be killer.

Not sure how I can make it back up but goddammit I'm gonna try. If we hit double digits shit is gonna be all time. ALL FKN TIME.

Just in time for STE too, as always!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

ALL FKN TIME.
    Top ten even????!!!!

Shooting for Saturday to enjoy the scraps. LET'S DO THIS BITCHES!

Sorry, it's just so exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    If you begged for permission, you ain't the chairman of nothing!
    I wear the pants dammit - she just picks them out for me

debating skinning magic tuesday during the dump before it opens vs spinning lifts somewhere. Anyone else want to join for some empty magic storm sessions? Although if the vis is as terrible as they say I don't want to risk getting run over by snowcats so will def have to play it by ear.

^ I'll be skinning a lap or 3 on Tuesday. Still can't fathom how they're not opening on Tuesday. Latest forecast calling for 3-5 before midnight Monday and then the serious shit starts happening.

Hahaha: snowcats...as in plural.

Is Magic not opening Tuesday? I am trying to figure out if I should head out tonight as driving tomorrow morning doesn't seem like much of an option, but if they're not spinning the lifts I'm not sure I can justify it.

Any places to car camp overnight? How about in the Magic lot? I feel like it was touched upon in this thread already but I couldn't find any info.

Website says they will be opening Wednesday and "We will monitor the snow accumulation on the mountain for tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Is Magic not opening Tuesday? I am trying to figure out if I should head out tonight as driving tomorrow morning doesn't seem like much of an option, but if they're not spinning the lifts I'm not sure I can justify it.

Any places to car camp overnight? How about in the Magic lot? I feel like it was touched upon in this thread already but I couldn't find any info.

You can certainly camp in the Magic lot... The B lot would be the preferred spot I'd think so they can more easily plow the main lot. Make sure you pack your skins though, it's like 50 feet further from the lodge.

See you guys Wednesday.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post

No one will bother you in the Magic parking lot, especially lot 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    No one will bother you in the Magic parking lot, especially lot 2.
    Make sure you have a duct to get fresh air in. There's gonna be so much snow, it could be spring before they find you.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang