Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

It's that time again, folks! I'm still recovering from the greatest freakin' Opening Weekend I've ever seen there and boy are my hands sore from all the high-fivein'. Sunday they had literally every trail open except the ones that had trees clean across them and I believe Upper Magician because Upper Magician. Redline, Blackline, Goniff, Slide... All wide open with no ropes! Hell, even the grooming down Wiz was just about the best I've seen it save for that one spot on the chute. It even picked up 1-2" yesterday with that surprise squall- I made legit soft powdery turns on sweep! Insanity!

I am stoked it was able to open so early with so much- and without going massively into debt either. Now I say let's all put our summer tires on, wash the cars and pack away all your winter gear and shovels so we can anti-jinx this warmup coming into an epic dump instead Can't wait to get back up there again!!!

P.S.- I absolutely reserve the right to e-flay anybody posting more than 3 suggestions/complaints per week- unless they're something they're actually going to do/fix/work on themselves.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

hoppin' on the wagon ov STOKE!

::checks in::

::burps infant::

::looks at fully-tuned skis in corner::

::wishes he was at Magic::

edit: What kind of bindings are best for schralping the east side of Magic? Do I need parabolic skis?
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    ::checks in::

::burps infant::

::looks at fully-tuned skis in corner::

::wishes he was at Magic::

edit: What kind of bindings are best for schralping the east side of Magic? Do I need parabolic skis?
    Does mrs binky ski/ride? we burped and diapered mini spookman's in the lodge while one of us did laps on red

I prefer broken bindings for east side

mini-spookmans now do laps on red!!

Saw some pics. Looked like a blast. Enjoy you magictards!

Mrs. Binkzz skis. She isn't medically cleared from the recent arrival, just yet. We had a small disagreement yesterday (late Saturday) about my anxiety and request to ski on Sunday, which would have left her with the toddler and infant. The toddler starts lessons this year, and he will make an appearance in the spring.

I will get some days in; they will just be limited while we work through the stretched finances and attitudes of toddler and infant raising.

edit: Seeing you out with the kidz last spring got me all excited!

-Scottish Proverb

jgb@etree Guest
    Sounds like things are looking good up on the hill.

Wandering thru the lodge on Sat, we saw a bunch of day tickets hanging off jackets and the lower lot was full when we came in around noon! Looked like a great start to the holidaze without having to make a massive investment in snowmaking. We'll be up on the 27th and staying thru NYE so I'm looking forward to skiing and partying with everyone again this year.

All I want for Christmas is a 4' dump in SoVT. Please? I've been kinda good this year.

did you guys see the bacon on the bloody mary bar? that's right, bacon.

edit: gnar points for first bacon reference

Subscribed for this EC la(wont) free thread
    A few of you have said it is OK to overnight (stealthy) in pkg lot with a truck camper - is this still the case?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    did you guys see the bacon on the bloody mary bar? that's right, bacon.

edit: gnar points for first bacon reference
    The fact that it lasted is testament to the fact that I had no idea it was available.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Subscribed for this EC la(wont) free thread
    A few of you have said it is OK to overnight (stealthy) in pkg lot with a truck camper - is this still the case?

I doubt anybody would fuss... Or even notice if you parked in the big lot fwiw.

Also be ready to move if it's snowing and they're plowing. Wouldn't want any accidents!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The fact that it lasted is testament to the fact that I had no idea it was available.
    my dog likes pig

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    my dog likes pig
    Clearly! I mean look at that poor Sonofabitch staring. That's the face of desperation and abandonment right there... I should have called the SPCA and reported you for bacon neglect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419269935.814232.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	590.3 KB 
ID:	161773

I doubt anybody would fuss... Or even notice if you parked in the big lot fwiw.

Also be ready to move if it's snowing and they're plowing. Wouldn't want any accidents!!
    Thanks DW -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

photobombed my pic of the PBR board.

hilarious to see him sprint after the kids when they ski to the lift, and back when I whistle.

No pic of the fancy PBR glasses?

Oh and I'd put those buffalo wings up against any claim chowder. Even the extreme kind!

got 5 runs in over two days plus a T ridge skin with magicmtnsnowboard while juggling first time baby logistics. was a great weekend and had a blast seeing everyone again. even found a few soft turns here and there. DW, i am complaining to myself about my low run count and damn it i'm going to self fix it. strategy one is to pawn him off on all of your unssuspecting sig others. strategy two is to enlist my unsuspecting house mates. strategy three (to be used only in emergency) is to invite my mom up to watch him and piss off my wife royally.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Does anyone know if that pbr board is for sale? Should I just keep checking gear swap?

-Scottish Proverb

I keep telling my Niece that she needs to come to Magic just to watch babies and kids and such. I might have to remind her that Uncle DW's friends have babies and cash, as that seems to be a recurring theme these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Does anyone know if that pbr board is for sale? Should I just keep checking gear swap?
    you'll get that board from her cold dead hands

I keep telling my Niece that she needs to come to Magic just to watch babies and kids and such. I might have to remind her that Uncle DW's friends have babies and cash, as that seems to be a recurring theme these days!
    She would make a fortune. Although I'm now at the point where my 4 year old would just be ticked off to be stuck in the lodge.

Is the skinning policy still in effect over there?

Thinking of hitting Magic on my way back up to school.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

You should consider eating some food and buying a few beers in the Black Line after your laps...

-Scottish Proverb

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Yes, it's still in effect. Many people have been skinning.

Just want to let you guys know that I'm an expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid