Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2292
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    This calls for a chart and perhaps a graph or two. A refresher on the elasticity of demand, marginal utility, and maybe something else, I don't know.

Magic is awesome on powder days. See you then!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436276419.843150.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	168108

i hope its the hermitage guy. so sick of all you fucking dirtbags.

6 fiddy is a good price for a 7 day hill that opens in time for christmas week. for a weekend joint with a couple weekdays? not sure. It can be a short season with low snow, 2 weeks of december and through march if lucky. So 14 weekends give or take? With a kid going to school in colorado and direct flights from harshford to denver, i may be going the benny route. i'll still be awesome though, i'll just ski in colorado.

$639 was the non-early bird pass price for last season. Early bird prices were $499. I know there can be plenty of reasons to get panties in a bunch about all things Magic, but getting agitated about pass prices that haven't been published and/or prices that you were willing to pay in the past, but are now outraged by, seems like a fool's errand.

And while I'd love a supa-cheap pass as much as the next guy, just consider some pass prices from other small mountains without any real-estate or big-corporation backing to offset things:

Willard Mtn: $405 earlybird, can't find regular price
    West Mtn: $449 earlybird, $649 regular
    Plattekill: $669 earlybird, can't find regular price
    Pico Only: $439 earlybird, can't find regular price

Plattekill is probably the most comparable hill, also being open only weekends and offering a similar amount of amenities.

Seriously? That's just shy of the price I paid for my pass at killington, seven days a week, blackout on holiday weeks only, but with three floater days built in. Skied from the first week in November till the third week in May. Magic should go full dirtbag and charge accordingly. Like $239 is more like it. Get the locals on the hill!
    crab in my shoe mouth

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

This has been a complaint about Plattekill the last couple years, except people used to hold up Magic's sub 4 early season pass price as what the pass 'should' cost. I think it was $599 this year. Doesn't seem like running a ski area is too cheap or easy for the mom and pops.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Maybe this year's includes a shirt?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    6 fiddy is a good price for a 7 day hill that opens in time for christmas week. for a weekend joint with a couple weekdays? not sure. It can be a short season with low snow, 2 weeks of december and through march if lucky. So 14 weekends give or take?
    Pretty much exactly my line of thinking. I love Magic, and have absolutely no desire to ski elsewhere and my wife & son feel the same way.

That said, passes for all 3 of us ($539 for a kids pass!) just don't make sense at the currently advertised prices when you compare to the other hills in the area that reliably open in early december, are open 7 days a week, and are able to maintain a consistent product even when the weather sucks. We were worried that Magic might not open this year and started looking at Bromley passes a couple of months ago, and IIRC, early season passes were $900. $250 for more than triple the number of days open. But, we'd be stuck skiing Bromley. And that would definitely suck.

If things don't change, I'll probably still get a pass for myself, but skip passes for my wife & 6yo and take them to other mountains when it's low tide at magic.

Looks like it's time to just sit back & see how things play out. Hopefully there are some positive changes in the works that will end up working out for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing all of you kooks again this winter!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Pretty much exactly my line of thinking. I love Magic, and have absolutely no desire to ski elsewhere and my wife & son feel the same way.

That said, passes for all 3 of us ($539 for a kids pass!) just don't make sense at the currently advertised prices when you compare to the other hills in the area that reliably open in early december, are open 7 days a week, and are able to maintain a consistent product even when the weather sucks. We were worried that Magic might not open this year and started looking at Bromley passes a couple of months ago, and IIRC, early season passes were $900. $250 for more than triple the number of days open. But, we'd be stuck skiing Bromley. And that would definitely suck.

If things don't change, I'll probably still get a pass for myself, but skip passes for my wife & 6yo and take them to other mountains when it's low tide at magic.

Looks like it's time to just sit back & see how things play out. Hopefully there are some positive changes in the works that will end up working out for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing all of you kooks again this winter!
    As Rusty said, just hang back. I see changes in the future and don't think these will ultimately be the season pass prices.

The 15-16 pass is actually currently listed at $689 on the website (years change to 15-16 when you click 'buy now & save.' That's $730 w/ tax. A tad steep?

im gonna buy a condo in sarasota

Quote Originally Posted by droppinloads View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436276419.843150.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	168108

you trying to get a rise out of me?

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Let the speculation begin:

1. Magic bought Snow Valley and the new tix price includes a free shuttle bus rides between the two mountains?
    2. Blue is being upgraded to a detachable six with a bubble?
    3. Sully bought a 1983 6.0L Ferrari V12 engine from a junkyard in CT, the old diesel is gone, and the new engine is installed on Black?
    4. 2 new pulled pork sandwiches are being added to the BLT menu?
    5. Shake Shack is finally opening a restaurant on the the access road?
    6. Paul McCartney and Sage will be visiting sometime in '16?
    7. The ski shop now carries Moncler?
    8. Dave attended The Etiquette School of NY for the summer and will now be bumping chairs wearing a tuxedo?
    9. The deck has been coated with an anti-skid coating?
    or,
    10. "Fuck you Benny Profane" Day will now be "Fuck You Benny Profane" Week?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Let the speculation begin:

9. The deck has been coated with an anti-skid coating?
    Come on, don't be silly.

Holy lulz, Timberidge!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436362641.132334.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	168140
    Pricing seems good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436362641.132334.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	168140
    Pricing seems good to me.
    Yep that looks reasonable to me too. I'd definitely re-up at that price scheme.

The only thing that has really jumped is the college price. It's still fine, just not dirt cheap (which was what lured me in and got me to buy a pass before ever even skiing Magic a few years ago).

Hmm...in the green print it mentions "...no cross mountain partnerships but if any develop..."

Is anybody thinking what I'm thinking?

It seems we have this already.

“Which ski resort has seen the most aircraft crashes? The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum (http://www.vtssm.com/) has documented 10 aircraft crashes involving 11 aircraft at ski resorts throughout the state. Incredibly, four of these incidents involving five aircraft have occurred on or over Magic Mountain’s trails. “

BLT

Tater Hill

Ranger

Dostal’s/Trailside Spa

Upper Pass

Lowell Lake with DoWork’s boat

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Hmm...in the green print it mentions "...no cross mountain partnerships but if any develop..."

Hey, we've got cross mountain promotions...41 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    It seems we have this already.

“Which ski resort has seen the most aircraft crashes? The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum (http://www.vtssm.com/) has documented 10 aircraft crashes involving 11 aircraft at ski resorts throughout the state. Incredibly, four of these incidents involving five aircraft have occurred on or over Magic Mountain’s trails. “

BLT

Tater Hill

Ranger

Dostal’s/Trailside Spa

Upper Pass

Lowell Lake with DoWork’s boat
    I had no idea Magic Mtn was the Bermuda Triangle of VT. Btw, there's an old 1970 era plane wreck on Mother Myrick I've hiked to, not much left of it but the tail and some fuselage.

Can one waterski and surf the wake behind DW's boat like in the movie?

No new word on potential mountain happenings today? I'm glued to the drama like a Mexican telenovella.

They went to school on Apple. Drop a hint that something new is coming, sit back and let the internet buzz.

I'm doing my part.

Patience. This might not be the iWatch, but I got a feeling it's big.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.