Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    ]edited for brevity, sort of]

Disagree entirely--posting about the weather and prospects for opening are not a problem. And the solution to the shitshow isn't to pretend all is good--and to broadcast that fantasy to everyone else. No idea what productive purpose that serves.

Maybe we should post imaginary snow reports so that when people show up and see the reality they'll never come back.

There is absolutely no reason to hide what's going on with weather and/or openings--nothing to do with posting rumors or shit that's going on behind the scenes. The way to go is not with fairy tale hopes (and obviously we fortunately dodged this particular bullet, for the most part).

Dude... We have to talk. It's not about imaginary snow reports or fluffing shit, it's about not going out of your way to gossip on negative speculation of a private conversation for no fucking reason other than to be all "oh I know people"... When it really just made you look chicken littleish and probably helped talk people into staying home.

I want to talk in person, I guess you're missing something in translation about what the real issue is through the internet. See you soon.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Fuck that. Ski off!!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Fuck that. Ski off!!
    Definitely go pro and shoulder mounted RPG ski off. Post the footy in this thread.

Ski off, spoiling the magic, negative nans, rpg's and laps aside. Amazed at natural snow cover still on hill depsite the warm up. Just had 2 good days. Sunday was prime, between corn snow and bloodies.....
    They are in good shape once the show starts flying.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I want to talk in person, I guess you're missing something in translation about what the real issue is through the internet. See you soon.
    There should be a way to marry Doworkian optimism with Rutekian reality in a single snow report.
    If I may...

Bonjour Magicians! We're gearing up for a BIG weekend of skiing and riding on one of VT's most iconic mountains. Skiers and riders are currently enjoying a 0-10" base of beautiful frozen granular snow, and with the return of the cold weather our snowmaking crew is blasting 30% moisture snow all over the entire lower half of the mountain. The right side of Magician is skiing very well, just avoid the left side, and the bare spot in the middle halfway down. Join us later at the always friendly and inviting Black Line Tavern for one of Magic's signature drinks, the "Core Shot," the only drink to come with a p-tex stir stick. Listen to your favorite band, or to tales of Sage's visit, or just kick back and watch the snow guns after a wonderful day on the slopes. See you here!

--the Magicment
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They are in good shape once the show starts flying.
    Magic show?

This place is going Vegas... fights, magic show, retro signature drinks, Cirque du Magicnific, etc.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

yeah, once somebody pulls back the curtain.

" don't spoil the magic kiddies! "

I think you're probably safe from being spoiled...

However, once people like Benny start showing up, you're in trouble.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    However, once people like Benny start showing up, you're in trouble.
    Yet Magic needs people like Benny to show up. Therein lies the quandary.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    There should be a way to marry Doworkian optimism with Rutekian reality in a single snow report.
    If I may...

Bonjour Magicians! We're gearing up for a BIG weekend of skiing and riding on one of VT's most iconic mountains. Skiers and riders are currently enjoying a 0-10" base of beautiful frozen granular snow, and with the return of the cold weather our snowmaking crew is blasting 30% moisture snow all over the entire lower half of the mountain. The right side of Magician is skiing very well, just avoid the left side, and the bare spot in the middle halfway down. Join us later at the always friendly and inviting Black Line Tavern for one of Magic's signature drinks, the "Core Shot," the only drink to come with a p-tex stir stick. Listen to your favorite band, or to tales of Sage's visit, or just kick back and watch the snow guns after a wonderful day on the slopes. See you here!

--the Magicment
    You win this entire thread. Dying. You should intern as Magic's snow reporter.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

phew!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Conditions were very firm today... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419983146.320167.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	780.6 KB 
ID:	162015

Tex did not approve. Although he skied it better than I did.

On the plus side, the Magic bar was fantastic, and after a skin lap, soft turns were made under the guns on Showoff.

If I may...

--the Magicment

I can't stop giggling hahaha... So much win.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Conditions were very firm today... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419983146.320167.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	780.6 KB 
ID:	162015

Tex did not approve. Although he skied it better than I did.

On the plus side, the Magic bar was fantastic, and after a skin lap, soft turns were made under the guns on Showoff.
    It should be made clear that the photo is not Magic.

I was pleasantly surprised how edgeable Magic was during that skin lap.

I feel altogether lied to in this thread and now demand a skioff with both DW and DR, neither of whom I have ever met, but now hate. I will never ski Magic again.

Until next week when I get my first after work skin lap.

Internet readers, the truth: Magic is lame. Also there is no shot ski. Also the lodge is heated with a puppy-oven stoked by orphans.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    It should be made clear that the photo is not Magic.

I was pleasantly surprised how edgeable Magic was during that skin lap.
    Fair point that photo is from Timber Ridge, which clearly runs a sub par ski resort. Although their Facebook page is pretty fucking hilarious, and Timber was once Magical.

Probably coming up either tonight or more likely tomorrow morning. Who else is around?

GF has new skis, poles and gloves. I don't know the last time I saw someone so excited about their first day of the season!
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Yet Magic needs people like Benny to show up. Therein lies the quandary.
    well somebody better raise the roof on the parking garage...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    well somebody better raise the roof on the parking garage...
    Good point.

Dowork, since you have mgmt's ear. 9' minimum on the new parking garage please. Need to fit an Escalade + Thule box...and have room to open it.

Good point.

Dowork, since you have mgmt's ear. 9' minimum on the new parking garage please. Need to fit an Escalade + Thule box...and have room to open it.
    Valet service with complimentary to/from fur service. JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Valet service with complimentary to/from fur service. JONG.
    "Dave, we're making some changes around here. We're taking you off Red and making you the valet."

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Probably coming up either tonight or more likely tomorrow morning. Who else is around?

GF has new skis, poles and gloves. I don't know the last time I saw someone so excited about their first day of the season!
    Lots of mags around. I'm in and out taking a couple runs a day but would like to meet up. If you see black and orange movement sluffs, they are hopefully on my feet so give me a shout
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

"Dave, we're making some changes around here. We're taking you off Red and making you the valet."
    There's a joke about red / lifts not working in there somewhere...

Dude... We have to talk. It's not about imaginary snow reports or fluffing shit, it's about not going out of your way to gossip on negative speculation of a private conversation for no fucking reason other than to be all "oh I know people"... When it really just made you look chicken littleish and probably helped talk people into staying home.

edit:

Never mind. I'll just say it's still crap that we can't discuss the weather and if the place will open or not, and when DW was appointed arbiter of what is allowed for discussion I missed the memo (have never posted gossip/inside info and no interest in 'I know whoever' bullshit).

I'm here as you know--talk whenever (been too busy with kids, other peoples' kids, and making unscheduled trips back and forth to CT over the past few days to have a lot of time). Heading down and back to CT again this evening and hopefully a little more settled after.
    [quote][//quote]

And as long as I'm here, Magic is hitting it hard on the snowmaking front--things should be really good again by the weekend.

Plus I heard there's snow in the forecast...
    [quote][//quote]