Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2292
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    As it should be.

I have got to get my ass back up there. Major shittiness back at home has kept me close but I'm really looking forward to getting back up there for a hike. Who else is planning on heading up there for the 4th? I'd like to powwow on some ideas, go for a stroll and maybe whack some flora. Any takers?

Depending on how next week goes could be up for that.

Work has been nuts with my new position and next week is our shutdown, which means more projects for my team. My assumption is that I will get fucked and not make it to my schedule plans in Lake George, so odds are I will be around here.
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Magic happens, when I start to wonder about things this thread just seems to pop up and let me know, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Magic happens, when I start to wonder about things this thread just seems to pop up
    "I'm Young,............I'm Wild,.......& I'm Freeeeeee.........."

Seems you've got the power too !

we are in for july 4th weekend, will be up thursday night and probably leaving sometime sunday. in for some festivities! i'm going to try to wade/fly fish the battenkill a little bit too. wife is bringing her kayak to take part in the float.

dowork you want to show me some bass fishing on lowell lake maybe?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    we are in for july 4th weekend, will be up thursday night and probably leaving sometime sunday. in for some festivities! i'm going to try to wade/fly fish the battenkill a little bit too. wife is bringing her kayak to take part in the float.

Fireworks are on Friday the 3rd.

I'll have the Dead shows playing in my buddy's barn/theater in Landgrove all weekend and all are welcome. Contact me for directions.

Lowell Lake Rd will be closed as of July 6, but there is a detour.

And fighting the good fight

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    I would LOVE TO!! Lowell is actually a great place to fish! Quabbin was nice today too

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Fireworks are on Friday the 3rd.

I'll have the Dead shows playing in my buddy's barn/theater in Landgrove all weekend and all are welcome. Contact me for directions.

Lowell Lake Rd will be closed as of July 6, but there is a detour.

All of this just reeeeeeeeeks of maggoty goodness! Count me in for as much as I can manage!

Main road closed you say?? Most weekenders likely diverted?!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1435281632.979498.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	167925
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Seems you've got the power too !
    I do. I saw it live in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    And fighting the good fight
    "Spellbound" has a good ring to it. Pencil that one in for the on mountain crew to decide. For the youngin'z...

Looks to be a good weekend coming up.

Goniff and I strolled up Glebe last Saturday after playing 18 at Tater Hill. The road they put in to support the construction of the Internet tower is difficult to walk on but it looks like part of the deal was to fix a lot of drainage issues...which is nice.

Could be crowded on the Battenkill this weekend...last year it was wall to wall kayaks and inner tubes. There could be a large group from Magic Circle going on Friday.

Kokomas, it sounds like things are coming together on Snowdrift. I have your beer waiting for a housewarming.

Peruvian, the first concert last Saturday was interesting...Sunday's was much better but I could only hang for the first set. Nice that you can go back and watch any of them for up to 30 days. I have a new beer for you to try also.

Nice hog DoWork!

I absolutely cannot wait to get up there. It's going to be a long week.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

For the youngin'z...

[/QUOTE]

Great song, great band!! Nice way to start my day thank you 😀
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Peruvian, the first concert last Saturday was interesting...Sunday's was much better but I could only hang for the first set. Nice that you can go back and watch any of them for up to 30 days. I have a new beer for you to try also.
    I really liked Saturday night's show. Super spacey/cerebral jams reminiscent of their early years. Sunday was almost all good times mid 70s tunes. Much more danceable and encouraged sing alongs.

We had about 20 people in the barn on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. Of course the Sunday crowd was much more dedicated so it made for better dancing!

My friends barn has a 12x18' screen with a huge sound system. It's awesome for watching. This weekend will likely be more family friendly given the holiday. There's even some of the keg remaining.

So- we want to do some hiking Saturday then head to Hammy Falls? I'll bring a climbing rope with a carabiner and we can take over that second pool nobody ever goes in.

heading up late tonight, will see you guys tomorrow for some activities. done on the place, we are fired up to pop our magic summer cherries this weekend. bringing some flatbread pizzas to make on the grill someplace. And MNIAW you are the man! thanks for holding those for us
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

So- we want to do some hiking Saturday then head to Hammy Falls? I'll bring a climbing rope with a carabiner and we can take over that second pool nobody ever goes in.
    I'll make sure the Tech Rescue team is on call given all the rain lately and how hard that will be roiling.

Be careful.

jgb@etree Guest
    My wife mentioned she saw something on FB stating that passes go on sale today, but nothing available on the ticket site.

How much were season passes last year? Am I crazy, or did the pass prices jump big time this year? Website says an adult pass is $639 (although it says those are 14/15 prices). Weren't they like $479 last year?

Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems a little steep for a mountain that is only open half of the week?!?

Perhaps that's the full pass with early access and preferred parking?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    My wife mentioned she saw something on FB stating that passes go on sale today, but nothing available on the ticket site.

How much were season passes last year? Am I crazy, or did the pass prices jump big time this year? Website says an adult pass is $639 (although it says those are 14/15 prices). Weren't they like $479 last year?

Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems a little steep for a mountain that is only open half of the week?!?
    I think that they were sub $500 in the early sale at least.

I agree on $639 being steep for passes. I'm not sure I'd get a pass would make sense for me at that price. I'd still come frequently, but at that point day tickets are just as cheap if it looks like I can't often come for more than one day a weekend. At the pretty easily found Liftopia prices, you'd have to ski 15 days to make it worth it. It definitely wouldn't be worth it for my wife.

The downside of course is that I'd probably ski less as I wouldn't show up for as many of those "Well, it appears to have rained last night then dropped to -6 with a 20mph breeze, but fuck it, I have a pass. Might as well go see how things are" days. And I usually have fun on those too.

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

This calls for a chart and perhaps a graph or two. A refresher on the elasticity of demand, marginal utility, and maybe something else, I don't know.

Magic is awesome on powder days. See you then!

I'll see you on much more than powder days. You're stuck.

Rumors abound recently. Might be wise to hold off on buying any passes. .02, take it for what it's worth. Exciting rumors FYI.

Stratton is taking control?
    With that price for a pass, one would assume. That, or they actually start being a real hill, that's open seven days a week. Even then that price is way too high.
    crab in my shoe mouth

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    I'll see you on much more than powder days. You're stuck.

Rumors abound recently. Might be wise to hold off on buying any passes. .02, take it for what it's worth. Exciting rumors FYI.
    Sounds interesting. Guess I'll hold off on passes to see what is in the works. Thanks for the update Rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    price is way too high.
    Agreed. Thanks for the patience JGB. It gets old I know. I'm sick of myself saying it.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    This calls for a chart and perhaps a graph or two. A refresher on the elasticity of demand, marginal utility, and maybe something else, I don't know.

Magic is awesome on powder days. See you then!
    No graphs, just a plan...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (10).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	168107