Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2292
    The "cleanse" (cleanze TM) should be fine but I don't check the weather. Really don't care with only a couple Magic weeks left. Just going skiing on soft snow & stoked for it. Going to be a greasy one. (greazy) Advice, bring a jacket you no longer care about.

^ wear the yellow one MSB's friend ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    ^ wear the yellow one MSB's friend ruined.
    That guy felt so bad he made me feel bad. He looked like he spent his day skiing @ Jiffy Lube.

You can only say "don't worry about it" so many times. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    bring a jacket you no longer care about.

For real!

Also they now sell Zardoz pucks both at the ticket office and the rental shop. If it's a sloppy one that shizzz(tm) is an absolute necessity.

Also big thankzzz(tm) to NJFreeskier who just bequeathed unto me a pair of lightning bolt era 'Sploders that need to be loved over rocks and grass for the remainder of the season and I couldn't be more stoked on that. I'm even bringing wood blocks and clamps this weekend to "rocker match" the tips as well as a drill, rivet gun and some epoxy. Those fuckers gonna get SKIED, maaaaaan.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

That guy felt so bad he made me feel bad. He looked like he spent his day skiing @ Jiffy Lube.
    Did you know that you can send one garment a year in to Nikwax and they will professionally un-lift-tower-splooge it for you free of charge? That is probably the way to go, they'll hook that thing right up like new and re-waterproof it. Maybe grill whats-his-face for the $5 to ship it so he feels better? lol

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

jgb@etree Guest
    No shit? That is good to know. Garbage bags work too

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    No shit? That is good to know. Garbage bags work too
    Not caring works well too. I also go black nowadays more often than ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1427981036.781077.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	165844
    Right from the source.

jgb@etree Guest
    Black is my solution as well, but yeah, not giving a shit works best. My wife said she's going to bring an umbrella. I don't think she was joking either.

Once you go black...

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1427981036.781077.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	165844
    Right from the source.

welp, just pour some whizzkey (tm) in a coke and call it a day
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Ok so who's skiing tomorrow, I think I'm gunna say fuck it and come down for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Ok so who's skiing tomorrow, I think I'm gunna say fuck it and come down for the day.
    100% in. I can be there whenever. I will access in the am. Ask for Greg. Shockingly my name is not Rusty. There's always @ least a few of us upstairs @ the table by the bar.

jgb@etree Guest
    I'll be there as well. Packing the fam into the car after dinner tonight & heading north.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    100% in. I can be there whenever. I will access in the am. Ask for Greg. Shockingly my name is not Rusty. There's always @ least a few of us upstairs @ the table by the bar.
    I will be there. Ask for the snowboarder.

Sounds good guys, see you in the AM.

I'll be all Flylow'd out… grey pants maroon jacket.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Pretty epic day. Can't believe the coverage for the first weekend in April. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428103446.357799.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	698.3 KB 
ID:	165889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428103474.602412.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	666.7 KB 
ID:	165890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428103494.403579.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	684.1 KB 
ID:	165891

EoB's official guide to first timing at Magic:

-get up early and wake up everyone in the house making breakfast

-make sure you drive from at least a couple hours away (this will make sense later)

-arrive at Magic and proceed to gawk at the (maybe) 20 other cars in the parking lot

-hit the slopes and within two laps run into mags to ski with

-break for lunch…err beer

-ski until close

-now go in for food, but wait, at this point you'll be home just in time for dinner.. sooo another beer please. proceed to hang on the deck and soak in the awesome day that just transpired

-go out to car and load everything in. you should go take a piss before your 2.5hour ride though, so make sure to lock the car because there are so many people just waiting for a chance to steal your gear in the Magic parking lot (sarcasm)

-come back out to realize that, oh no, you just locked your keys in the car and your phone is on 10% battery

-make several phone calls that diminish your remaining battery

-go back up to the bar and hang out for a couple hours

I didn't even talk to the roommate that ended up picking me up, he drove right down when he learned of the situation. Good guy.

Seriously though, awesome first time a Magic yesterday. Met a ton of mags! lotsarocks and his up and coming ripper of a son, MMP's son (also a ripper), jgb, Magicsnowboard, Ray (forgot your handle or if you're on here), and last but not least RG, probably missing someone as well. Great to meet all you guys, made the trip well worth it.

Big thank you to RG for the immense amount of hospitality, seriously this guy was about to let a complete stranger crash at his place and then outfit with gear to ski the next day, and picked up dinner and a beer or two.. I owe you big time! Looking forward to skiing with ya next year and evening some things out!

That was a great way to first experience magic. The place is full of great snow sliders. Like minded generous people. Glad I had the chance to show you around a little. It was fun taking a few laps with mmp's boy. Man can he ski. Mega inspiration for my boy. Magic is so hard to describe to people that don't get it but when you do finally get there you just don't want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    That was a great way to first experience magic. The place is full of great snow sliders. Like minded generous people. Glad I had the chance to show you around a little. It was fun taking a few laps with mmp's boy. Man can he ski. Mega inspiration for my boy. Magic is so hard to describe to people that don't get it but when you do finally get there you just don't want to leave.
    Had a fun time with you, your son and EOB. Your son could rip for sure

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

Well that was a hell of a sleeper weekend! Nobody was around at all, so shenanigans happened. Go figure!

Sunday was awesome, and I don't think I've ever skied better groomers in my life. Big props to the ON3P guys for bringing the demo fleet out again too, as I'm now in love with the 181 Kartel 98s and that will happen.

Funny though- with how few people were actually on the hill they still probably sold 6 people just in our group on them. I know Mrs. DW has her eye on the 171 Jessie like whoa now.
    Last edited by DoWork; 04-05-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428276995.455407.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	972.3 KB 
ID:	165945

We descended on that fkn tent like lawyers on a highway bus rollover haha

who is the local ON3P dealer?
    because if you tell me that it's 'online only', no bueno.
    i know a shop in the area that carries 4FRNT, Line, Armada, Liberty, Volkl, Salomon, Blizzard, Fischer and Head.
    spend local
    crab in my shoe mouth

I thought the demo was a blast. I wish I would have realized it wasn't going to be around all day (though given the circumstances I can't really blame them) as I would have switched up skis more and taken another run before lunch. I probably didn't really need to test the new Billy Goat's refrozen bump compliance... Still, it definitely made a day where I largely was goofing around on the same trails way more fun and I rode some nice skis. I was amazed how much my wife loved the Jessies. She isn't as big a gear whore as me, so it was fun to see her excited about something. Now she knows how I feel all the time...

Plus it was a good group to ski with.