Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You could all get together and make a big quilt out of your 3000 dollar t shirts.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sure you could do the touristy stuff and go feed the overweight trout at Orvis for a couple of quarters but there's really more to VT than that, and you could do on the cheap.

Fortunately mud season is here early so the unpaved roads in the valley can be good for a bit of mudbogging. It's cheap fun if you don't need a tow. Then head over to Bardwell Farm to pet the goats and sample cheese. If the Leach's are butchering a cow that can be interesting. I never knew they pulled the whole hide off like that. By then its lunch time and you can stop at the Cilantro in town (if its open) or the hut next to the Sundowner where the Peruvian seasonal labor at Stratton stays. Its way cheaper than Gringo Jack's. While in Manchester ask the guys at EMS if they have anything in the store that says Made in the USA, they'll spend a good 1/2 hr looking for stuff and it's kinda funny to watch. By then its mid afternoon and you're ready to roll back up the big hill.
    Luckily Magic survived the storm and has been skiing great. No need for non skiing related activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Luckily Magic survived the storm and has been skiing great. No need for non skiing related activities.
    Don't you mean snowboarding great? There's a difference, you know. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Or just post online a shitty snow report for magic. Grab some beers, a tuna sandwhich, head over to the base lodge and watch Doworks head explode because someone questioned Magics awesomeness.

Bah, negative reviews are standard fare. After all, everybody's an expert!

If you want a better spot for the beers though, try Sunshine Corner.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419875403.991278.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	710.3 KB 
ID:	161973
    Loose poodles etc. are less likely to steal your tuna sammy up there.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Fortunately mud season is here early so the unpaved roads in the valley can be good for a bit of mudbogging. It's cheap fun if you don't need a tow. Then head over to Bardwell Farm to pet the goats and sample cheese. If the Leach's are butchering a cow that can be interesting. I never knew they pulled the whole hide off like that. By then its lunch time and you can stop at the Cilantro in town (if its open) or the hut next to the Sundowner where the Peruvian seasonal labor at Stratton stays. Its way cheaper than Gringo Jack's. While in Manchester ask the guys at EMS if they have anything in the store that says Made in the USA, they'll spend a good 1/2 hr looking for stuff and it's kinda funny to watch. By then its mid afternoon and you're ready to roll back up the big hill.

This guy is GOOD.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Don't you mean snowboarding great? There's a difference, you know. Or not.
    You don't get out much, do you? Turns out Magicsnowboard also skis, a fact easily known by anyone who actually goes to Magic and enjoys the snow (no expertise required)...
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Then why such a dorky name?

Oh, and, really, not making it to Magic doesn't make one a shut in, Mr. World Traveler.

Someone needs to talk to the Magicment about using Benny's posts in a "It's so bad, it's good" marketing campaign.

In exchange, make Benny an honorary lifetime passholder.

And DW, if you or anyone are looking for any other non-skiing related ideas that don't involve the Equinox, Orvis, or outlet shopping let me know. Just mention if you would like rainy day or non-rainy day ideas.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Go over to Saratoga and get drunk, dude. 9 Maple. Your welcome. Crash at the Continental.

Go over to Saratoga and get drunk, dude. 9 Maple. Your welcome. Crash at the Continental.
    That's rather far away, and what do you do with the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    This guy is GOOD.
    At this point I don't ever want to meet him. It will be like pulling the curtain back on the wizard. I couldn't stand the disappointment.

That's rather far away, and what do you do with the kids?
    Leave them with Uncle Benny in the park.

... not making it to Magic doesn't make one a shut in ...
    You do know you're posting in a Magic related thread, right?
    Last edited by GetAmped; 12-29-2014 at 02:38 PM.

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Aren't you supposed to be enjoying all the CO pow or something?

In due time. Few weeks. Settling my affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    At this point I don't ever want to meet him. It will be like pulling the curtain back on the wizard. I couldn't stand the disappointment.
    While I WOULD love to preserve the legend in my mind, I feel like it's even funnier in person- facial expression and tone and whatnot.

In due time. Few weeks. Settling my affairs.
    I hear its snowing there.

I feel like it's even funnier in person- facial expression and tone and whatnot.
    Uh oh. I'll need to start managing expectations lower. A lot lower.

Honestly, why in the name of Hans would you EVER repeat this??? What the fuck is wrong with you, man?? Of course people fear the worst, but YOU need to know what to repeat and what not to- especially when we're trying so fucking hard to be positive and encourage people to come out. Thanks a lot man. Seriously. Way to go.
    ]edited for brevity, sort of]

Disagree entirely--posting about the weather and prospects for opening are not a problem. And the solution to the shitshow isn't to pretend all is good--and to broadcast that fantasy to everyone else. No idea what productive purpose that serves.

Maybe we should post imaginary snow reports so that when people show up and see the reality they'll never come back.

There is absolutely no reason to hide what's going on with weather and/or openings--nothing to do with posting rumors or shit that's going on behind the scenes. The way to go is not with fairy tale hopes (and obviously we fortunately dodged this particular bullet, for the most part).
    Last edited by Dexter Rutecki; 12-29-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    [quote][//quote]

On the positive side, there will be snowmaking happening 24 hrs/day for the next several days and possibly through the weekend or longer, and given recent weather and other challenges the mountain is in surprisingly good shape, so things actually look pretty promising right now.
    [quote][//quote]

Ski Off!!!!!!!!! Check the spare! Or we can all just take a lap instead.

Missed the whole taking a lap thing (I remember checking the spare), but I seriously can't get behind this 'never mention what's happening at Magic' deal (again, airing dirty laundry rumor stuff aside). Fuck, you're not allowed to discuss conditions now because it's offensive? Where did that come from?
    [quote][//quote]

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

While I WOULD love to preserve the legend in my mind, I feel like it's even funnier in person- facial expression and tone and whatnot.
    I would love to meet Timber Ridge, but would prefer it to be at Timber Ridge! If you ever want to go for a tour let me know, I have a spare set of touring skis and I've been skiing there a lot, oh shit, I've actually been split boarding, so I guess I've been skiing up hill and snowboarding down? It's really tough being transalpined, so confusing.

But this isn't a Timber Ridge thread, it's a Magic thread. I "skied" up Wizard today and it looked surprisingly good. A little snow making and a lot of west side terrain will be open.
    Last edited by Magicsnowboard; 12-29-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Making a lot of snow on the bottom part of the mountain right now (just walked through some of it). Things should be getting buffed out over the next few days. Never thought I'd be so happy to hear the sound of those compressors and fans.
    [quote][//quote]

Looks like everything is moving in the right direction, at least temperaturewise. I might get back up there tomorrow, otherwise probably not until Friday.