Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    You should consider eating some food and buying a few beers in the Black Line after your laps...
    One serious downfall of low and slow chairlifts is that folks try having full blown conversations from above, while you are huffing and puffing while skinning under them! Damn if I didn't have to answer questions yesterday about my bindings, skins, how long it takes, etc while trying to catch my breath!

Kicking myself for not going out this weekend, slow to update trail reports and me being burnt out from last week kept me home.

On the plus skis are waxed and ready to go, and I cleaned up the shop for my next project (hint: going back to my composites/woodworking roots).

Don;t have to be at work until the 2nd, but this tropical weather might put a damper on things. Who is around tomorrow? Want to show JONG how to skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    I may try and do a skin lap tomorrow around 12:00. It depends if I get all my work done (which I will with proper motivation) and if the tropical weather has arrived (not as much in my control).

Let me know if anyone is interested. I'd like to ride red or black line while I can.

How were the chair bumps this weekend?

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    I may try and do a skin lap tomorrow around 12:00. It depends if I get all my work done (which I will with proper motivation) and if the tropical weather has arrived (not as much in my control).

Let me know if anyone is interested. I'd like to ride red or black line while I can.
    I can try to make it at noon. I have a work call I have to get back to prep for.

I'm posting in this important thread because I've always wanted to be an expert. Also hoping to see some pics from the weekend. Congrats to Magic on a what sounds like a great opening.

'14/'15 Magic Shitshow aka Everybody's an Expert thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    I'm posting in this important thread because I've always wanted to be an expert. Also hoping to see some pics from the weekend. Congrats to Magic on a what sounds like a great opening.
    Technically not Magic (Timber Ridge) and not this weekend (yesterday), but seeing no one else posted a photo for you...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419343615.637782.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	573.4 KB 
ID:	161793

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419343737.924205.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	575.5 KB 
ID:	161794

Saturday and Sunday were too much fun to stop and take photos.

I did put this graph together...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419343785.992904.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	673.2 KB 
ID:	161795

I'm sure that everyone agrees this is some expert work.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Just want to let you guys know that I'm an expert
    Yes yes, I know you are... I'm just having trouble remembering what your Expert at?
    Last edited by Gepeto; 12-23-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Expert at what?

Mulled cider and backies. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    One serious downfall of low and slow chairlifts is that folks try having full blown conversations from above, while you are huffing and puffing while skinning under them! Damn if I didn't have to answer questions yesterday about my bindings, skins, how long it takes, etc while trying to catch my breath!

"Why yes, I AM the best skier on the mountain, thanks for asking!"
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

So, are they going to close the Magic Mountain Dome to keep the rain off the slopes?
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post

Wet down here and radar for the mountain makes it look worse up that way. I'm staying home to drink and work on projects.
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Red Line skied great... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419361769.279319.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	161806
    Who cares if it was poring? Peruvian didn't...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419361808.800000.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	662.4 KB 
ID:	161807

Poring?

MSB and Tex on Red

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419364158.023438.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	644.9 KB 
ID:	161808

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419364186.159460.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	161809

Pouring!

I'm an expert speller.

Looks sweet!

Hell ya PB! Looks really fun. My youngest hit Cannon today and I bet that was pretty good with a couple fresh this AM also.

Poring?

MSB and Tex on Red

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419364158.023438.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	644.9 KB 
ID:	161808

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419364186.159460.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	161809

Pouring!

I'm an expert speller.

I'm more of a math guy.

A day late and a dollar short so I', going to kill it with multi-quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    ::checks in::

::burps infant::

::looks at fully-tuned skis in corner::

::wishes he was at Magic::

edit: What kind of bindings are best for schralping the east side of Magic? Do I need parabolic skis?
    I'd say anything red is the answer.

Clearly! I mean look at that poor Sonofabitch staring. That's the face of desperation and abandonment right there... I should have called the SPCA and reported you for bacon neglect.

Attachment 161773
    Is that All-ta?

No pic of the fancy PBR glasses?

Oh and I'd put those buffalo wings up against any claim chowder. Even the extreme kind!
    Since you became the spelling police on page 2 I'm calling you out on "claim" chowder

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    got 5 runs in over two days plus a T ridge skin with magicmtnsnowboard while juggling first time baby logistics. was a great weekend and had a blast seeing everyone again. even found a few soft turns here and there. DW, i am complaining to myself about my low run count and damn it i'm going to self fix it. strategy one is to pawn him off on all of your unssuspecting sig others. strategy two is to enlist my unsuspecting house mates. strategy three (to be used only in emergency) is to invite my mom up to watch him and piss off my wife royally.
    Need to hook up Mrs Kokomas with Mrs MNIAW...she's infatuated with that boy.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Is the skinning policy still in effect over there?

Thinking of hitting Magic on my way back up to school.
    What? Can't find it on the website? Shocking...yes, I am an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    Met up with your correspondent on Sunday...good guy and a pretty decent skier. He seems like he drank the Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Looks sweet!
    I just noted your alternate handle...did you know there's a sign to Felchville on Rte 100 between Ludlow and Killington...must be your hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I just noted your alternate handle...did you know there's a sign to Felchville on Rte 100 between Ludlow and Killington...must be your hometown.
    That sign always cracks me up. Strangely enough, there's a Felch Road about 1/2 mile from my house.

Staying on topic, I'm hoping to run into a few more of you "people" at Magic this season. Is the use of quotes demeaning?

MNIAW I was hoping that might work out! We should unite the clans after xmas
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Staying on topic, I'm hoping to run into a few more of you "people" at Magic this season. Is the use of quotes demeaning?
    By you "people" you clearly mean experts. How could that be demeaning?

Thinking that it would be demeaning is what is hugely demeaning to me
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

the missus and i are thinking of making a beer run to montpelier to find the ht truck monday if anyone wants to join or put in an order (best efforts of course)

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    the missus and i are thinking of making a beer run to montpelier to find the ht truck monday if anyone wants to join or put in an order (best efforts of course)
    Count me in for as much as you are willing to spare. I can meet you at the BLT for payment before or after.