Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Who is Dylan?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Ask iceman.

(Sorry man, musta missed whatever it was about someone being Dylan.)
    [quote][//quote]

Whilst you girls argue on your keyboards, Goniff and I will be painting tomorrow. Not going to start early but planning to do 3 laps if anybody's in the mood.

Be sure to post your "lap count"

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    That is a class offer to a guy quoting Beverly Hills 90210! Just saw the Red Chair cost 17 grand to paint, how much to put a sticker on it? Ha ha:-)
    enjoy the laps in the pow my mid week brethren

HOW DARE YOU insinuate I have class!

I can't hate on the observations tho. I def feel like there is a big fat family at Magic- although it's far from closed it probably can seem that way to the occasional visitor looking in... Especially if they're picking "the day that knows no friends" to go haha- that shit is more luck than anything.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

. Was slow leaving philly today, stuck in NYC tonight. Hoping the travel ban gets lifted in time to make it to magic tomorrow night...

Gift horses and all that, but are snow totals starting to look a little lower than we hoped?
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Gift horses and all that, but are snow totals starting to look a little lower than we hoped?

We have 0" here right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

jgb@etree Guest
    Well, just to seal the deal and ensure that it doesn't snow any more in SoVT, Magic sent out a newsletter this AM declaring the mountain open for tomorrow, and prognosticating another 10".

Counting chickens before they hatch, and all that.

Just chiming in to mention that what I've been hearing on the news is that the storm is intensifying today and weds out even Thursday will be the day....

Said the guy from Michigan.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Well, just to seal the deal and ensure that it doesn't snow any more in SoVT, Magic sent out a newsletter this AM declaring the mountain open for tomorrow, and prognosticating another 10".

Well people were ready to string up mgmt for not saying they'd open Tuesday ahead of time. If they didn't give in to some degree peoples fuckin heads would explode from all that expertise bottled up in there.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

The way I read it they're calling for 7 more (on top of the three already down). But maybe they do mean another 10. This is pretty disappointing, in my book.

Edit: just saw a map showing another 4-6 for S. VT today, so I'm guessing that might be it. .
    [quote][//quote]

NOAA peeling their estimates back to 3-6" for this area.

The way I read it they're calling for 7 more (on top of the three already down). But maybe they do mean another 10. This is pretty disappointing, in my book.

Edit: just saw a map showing another 4-6 for S. VT today, so I'm guessing that might be it. .
    I'm am going to ski the shit out of 10". You're disappointed?

10 will send the place off. I cannot wait.

I'll just take the happy medium of these two and call it a day. Two offices full of weather forecasters with access to supercomputers probably have decent idea of what's going.

I can't be the only person who stopped giving a fuck what's going to happen and is just gonna ski the tits off of whatever's there when I wake up tomorrow.

I'd be stoked out of my face with 6 of fresh, anything more than that is just an added bonus. To hell with what the map says.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I'm am going to ski the shit out of 10". You're disappointed?

10 will send the place off. I cannot wait.
    Given that this was supposed to be 18"+ when I first started looking at what people (meteorologists) were saying about this thing, yeah, I'm disappointed. Honestly, if I were 80 minutes away like you I'd be a little (OK, a lot) more excited, but at this point it looks like my Wednesday plans are back to the usual crap. Nothing against a 10" powder day, but I can't quite do it given 9 hours of driving in a day only to turn around a day later and go up again.

Will probably be there on Friday for leftovers (and hopefully not just standing around a dumb super-G course at Stratton).

Oh yeah, has anyone heard anything more about the Friday/Saturday snow they were talking about?
    [quote][//quote]

Vibes bro

It's gonna take a little more than that to make me feel better (and I'm not talking about the 4" that you like to call 10" regardless of the weather).
    [quote][//quote]

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It's gonna take a little more than that to make me feel better (and I'm not talking about the 4" that you like to call 10" regardless of the weather).
    The racer in you has to be glad we'll be on ice before you know it! :-)

I can't be the only person who stopped giving a fuck what's going to happen and is just gonna ski the tits off of whatever's there when I wake up tomorrow.

I'd be stoked out of my face with 6 of fresh, anything more than that is just an added bonus. To hell with what the map says.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    The racer in you has to be glad we'll be on ice before you know it! :-)
    Yeah, I'm telling myself I wasn't all that interested in a powder day anyway. Better to wait until Show Off is back in shape for some gates than rush things.

I'll set you an easy GS that you can run with the U-10's and feel good about...
    [quote][//quote]

Hell yeah dude. My only "problem" with this storm is the internal dilemma of what to ski first tomorrow.

Thanks man. My kid has sick race skis. Maybe I'll run them before the year is out. Lock em down and let em rip.