Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Got them straight - thanks everyone.

I am curious by what methods shit got sideways when you drilled those holes?

I asked a ski bud who owned the local store how he mounted AT bindings and he said "mount the heel dead center, mount the toe piece so it can pivot on 1 screw, lock the boot in and drill the rest of toe piece holes " which makes sense
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What ended up working for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    "mount the heel dead center, mount the toe piece so it can pivot on 1 screw, lock the boot in and drill the rest of toe piece holes " which makes sense
    So how do you get the rearmost 2 holes on the toe piece drilled with the boot in?

Just take the boot out of the binding cuz once you got 2 screws holding the toe piece to the ski its pretty much in its final resting place and lined up with the heel which you mounted dead center ... yer golden eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I am curious by what methods shit got sideways when you drilled those holes?

I asked a ski bud who owned the local store how he mounted AT bindings and he said "mount the heel dead center, mount the toe piece so it can pivot on 1 screw, lock the boot in and drill the rest of toe piece holes " which makes sense
    Try this:
    Mark a front hole exactly where you think it should go.
    Drill it.
    Tape a paper template to binding so that the cross hairs are centered in the binding holes.
    Screw binding to ski with one front screw.
    Put boot in.
    Center punch second front hole using taped template, remove boot and binding, drill second hole.
    Re-install binding with front two screws. Should be in good position at this point, check with boot.
    Remove boot, center punch rearmost holes using taped template as a guide.
    Drill, and install binding.

I am looking for the right size self centering bit to do this. I have eyeballed with various success. Also, looked for a bushing with an OD matching the binding hole, but couldn't find one.

Had an idea for centering the holes using this method without a centering bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hhtele View Post
    Try this:
    Mark a front hole exactly where you think it should go.
    Drill it.
    Tape a paper template to binding so that the cross hairs are centered in the binding holes.
    Screw binding to ski with one front screw.
    Put boot in.
    Center punch second front hole using taped template, remove boot and binding, drill second hole.
    Re-install binding with front two screws. Should be in good position at this point, check with boot.
    Remove boot, center punch rearmost holes using taped template as a guide.
    Drill, and install binding.

I am looking for the right size self centering bit to do this. I have eyeballed with various success. Also, looked for a bushing with an OD matching the binding hole, but couldn't find one.

Had an idea for centering the holes using this method without a centering bit.
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...52&cat=1,43456