Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like food
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm right there with ya.

Does anyone have this year's din chart? Nowhere do I see 10 for N 315mm.
    About 6' about 200lbs, Type 3, 315mm, I still get 8.5. Have I been doing it wrong my whole life? Everything online says 8.5. Then I go to 9 in case of premature ejaculation. I think the dude who owns the shop and does the mounts is a boarder not a skier. I think there's also that weird Frischi chart.
    Fak.
    Like they say, mount your own fucking skis.
    No longer stuck.

Salomon QLab 190 Experience & Mounting

Adjust yer own fucking bindings. What are you running your din at now? Why not just use that and ski them and see how it goes?? You sound more like a type 2.

Lolz
    No longer stuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0673.PNG 
Views:	132 
Size:	860.3 KB 
ID:	192541

Welcome to the club

Super easy to bend on the line!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0678.PNG 
Views:	131 
Size:	503.4 KB 
ID:	192544

Nice!
    I'll get you those sploder pics when I have time/remember.
    No longer stuck.

Finally got to get out on mine. Wow what a fun ski and it wasn't even good snow. Very nimble and agile for a big ski with that quiet smoothness that skis with metal seem to have. I mounted with Pivots on the line. 6' and 220. I don't get Salomon for ditching this model, though I'm not surprised. The Sentinel was also a great ski that was on the burly side. They phased that one out pretty quick. Anyway can't wait to get some more time on these.

Skied mine a little at Whitefish on Christmas. Definitely turnier than I imagined, and I have to get used the the lift from the Trackers.
    Did great on groomers and in steep, tight trees.
    Not anywhere near as demanding a ski as it seems. At least not for messing around with family and a hangover while severely out of shape.
    Needs to snow more to take them out to Snowbowl. We'll see how they do when I can really let them run.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    I don't get Salomon for ditching this model
    BECAUSE THEY SKI LIKE GARBAGE WITH PIVOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    BECAUSE THEY SKI LIKE GARBAGE WITH PIVOTS.
    Mine have pivots, ski sweet.

Only Three partial days on mine but nothing but good things to report back. Solid blend of stability and nimbleness. My likely go-to, no new snow frontside ski.

I had some easy days and a very short tour on them. My instinct to mount them at -2 was right, I think. They are weird on the line. I'm in the back seat. Can't smear in powder. Actually, yeah, they hang a bit in dense powder. Just feels like I'm too forward on the ski. Took the calf shims out of my boots, and it still doesn't feel right. Was even lifting the heals/tails on groomers. I cannot find the proper stance on them.
    Idk how people are learning to ski nowadays, but I'm gonna lose a toenail if I don't get them remounted. And I'm not liking the way they ski.
    No longer stuck.

I had some easy days and a very short tour on them. My instinct to mount them at -2 was right, I think. They are weird on the line. I'm in the back seat. Can't smear in powder. Actually, yeah, they hang a bit in dense powder. Just feels like I'm too forward on the ski. Took the calf shims out of my boots, and it still doesn't feel right. Was even lifting the heals/tails on groomers. I cannot find the proper stance on them.
    Idk how people are learning to ski nowadays, but I'm gonna lose a toenail if I don't get them remounted. And I'm not liking the way they ski.
    I'm an old skool skier (learned on old straight skis) and was amazed how easy the 190 Q-Labs were to adjust to. Mine are mounted on the recommended line. I was really worried they would not ski well there, but they have been amazing. Not saying you have it wrong, just sharing I started with concerns and was pleasantly proven wrong.

That being said, I do echo your statement about dense powder. The tighter turn radius and stiff tail can get a bit hooky in those conditions. I don't ski mine on powder days though...too many other options in the quiver. Frontside, spring, or <6" of pow and these get the nod.

Sorry you are having a different experience.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Old school is the new school?
    I feel like the standing centered thing and more upright boots (that I'm sure I'm not using even though blue Tecnica Agent 120's are not from THAT long ago) is more old school. So, I'm middle school? I like to lean forward and I guess I don't like a lot of tail.
    No longer stuck.

I find them very neutral. They aren't good at sliding the tails around, though (pivoting around the shovel). You should stop doing that anyways.

They also aren't good in the backseat.
    focus.

Just feels like I'm too forward on the ski.
    Idk how people are learning to ski nowadays, but I'm gonna lose a toenail if I don't get them remounted.
    Your poles must be 10-15cms too long.
    OR
    Go faster.
    bumps are for poor people

1 no
    2 yes
    No longer stuck.

So I mounted my midget sized 18x length -1.5cm. After 2 days of 2 to 10" of fresh I think that worked out pretty well for me.

This is still the most forward mounted ski I own, but quite a bit.

My theory is that having a bit less tail actually neutralizes some of the comments about the stiff tail since it is now a bit shorter. It also gives me a bit more tip, which helps givens some of the comments about the super soft tip. For me, I could drive the tip and it wasn't diving, was still plenty pivoty, and had good stability. I wouldn't change the mount for me based on my small sample size of 2 days.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Yeah, just got back from skiing heavy powder at Snowbowl. I would say -1 or 1.5 would be the money.
    At -2 they feel great. So much better. Like there is a proper amount of ski ahead and behind me.
    They are more demanding and harder to ski than my Rubies, but much more like my old Enforcers, just a bit bigger, which is pretty much what I wanted. I'll just get better at skiing to make up for the difference. Change my stance when I need to.
    Oh, and the bases are really thirsty. They took a bunch of wax, they glide much better than the old Moments, even after the Moments were stone ground. Hard too. I thought I hit a big rock and I couldn't find the mark on the base.
    That's all for now.
    No longer stuck.

Only other thing to say is that they are a little turnier than I would like, and the height of the Trackers (maybe I'll use them some more some day! lolz) is a little weird, but it's all stuff I'll get used to.
    Open them up and they are smooth as butter. I guess I should go do some leg presses.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post

My theory is that having a bit less tail actually neutralizes some of the comments about the stiff tail since it is now a bit shorter. It also gives me a bit more tip, which helps givens some of the comments about the super soft tip.
    Neutralizing comments is what you should think about when skiing.

AND

Whatever you are trying to say is opposed to logic.

AND

The solution to an inability to ski a ski isn't to mount it further back than recommended.

AND

Stucky.
    bumps are for poor people

Ok, dude.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    So I mounted my midget sized 18x length -1.5cm. After 2 days of 2 to 10" of fresh I think that worked out pretty well for me.

This is still the most forward mounted ski I own, but quite a bit.

My theory is that having a bit less tail actually neutralizes some of the comments about the stiff tail since it is now a bit shorter. It also gives me a bit more tip, which helps givens some of the comments about the super soft tip. For me, I could drive the tip and it wasn't diving, was still plenty pivoty, and had good stability. I wouldn't change the mount for me based on my small sample size of 2 days.
    The 183 might as well be a different ski all together. It is quite a bit easier to ski, is narrower in the waist, and not as burly in the tail. Not that it isn't a great ski, but a different animal from the burly 190. The 183 should be a more enjoyable ride for most people.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...