Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've heard of Mint being pretty good, but if you bank with Chase their "Blueprint" has a breakdown for you that's pretty handy.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

The ability to pull in spending data and classify it is pretty standard across a number of services like Mint and the services offered by banks like Chase and Wells Fargo. Mint is owned by Quicken and their services are very similar so don't pay for Quicken if you don't need the value adds. Most of this class of services are free and will come with recommendations on how to improve your finances, they earn commissions when you switch insurance or open a new credit card from those recommendations.
    Another set of these services are trying to capture even more of your financial life, including retirement and investment accounts, home values via Zillow, and more - Personal Capital is one. These come with consultations on your investments and offers to robo-manage those accounts. The robo-managers like Personal Capital, Wealthfront, and Betterment are all very similar and mostly buy low fee index ETFs for you and add value by re-balancing regularly and making tax optimizations. Grade their fees and functionality carefully. These are growing in popularity amongst folks with some money to grow but not enough scratch to meet the thresholds for hands on personal wealth management.
    All of the above is kinda overkill for just tracking your budget, but the services have some value if they fill a need for you, so there may be some 2 birds 1 stone action for you.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I hear good things about YNAB as well.
    This is what I went with, still figuring it out but the real time sync between 2 people is pretty cool.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This is what I went with, still figuring it out but the real time sync between 2 people is pretty cool.
    So, how did this work out?

Good and bad. The app/program works well, but it takes work to make the numbers useful. Getting both of us on board and consistent is still a work in progress.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yup, if you don't stay on top of reclassing expenses then the numbers really become valueless quickly.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.