Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^ you're welcome. But, I'm just one boot packin slog out of a dozen that did this. Also, trollers were out there with us, some days as many of them as us. Days consisted of about 4-8 of us for the most part. Hats off to copper patrol for starting the program and making it a worthwhile investment of time.

There are some special perks for participating....one of which is coming up tomorrow, yee hoo ! So, next year anyone that's local throw yer hat in the ring and have some fun packin, side steppin, ski cuttin, and sometimes ski compacting......
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ you're welcome. But, I'm just one boot packin slog out of a dozen that did this. Also, trollers were out there with us, some days as many of them as us. Days consisted of about 4-8 of us for the most part. Hats off to copper patrol for starting the program and making it a worthwhile investment of time.

There are some special perks for participating....one of which is coming up tomorrow, yee hoo ! So, next year anyone that's local throw yer hat in the ring and have some fun packin, side steppin, ski cuttin, and sometimes ski compacting......
    Throw the heads up in the thread for next years' volunteers. It may only be a few more of us, but I weigh as much as two regular skiers, so I can pack more of the snows! Thanks for the information about this going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Throw the heads up in the thread for next years' volunteers. It may only be a few more of us, but I weigh as much as two regular skiers, so I can pack more of the snows! Thanks for the information about this going on.
    They will like you because you will sink all the way to ground like me. We break all the slabs while the girls and light weight fellows just kind of bounce off the top.

Its time to volunteer. 7 full days worked gets you a volunteer employee pass. There are other perks and last year we got a private day on Tucker with the cat shuttling and a cook out.

You will need avi gear and bindings that release....I dont think they will allow snowboarders although there was a troller with a release binding thing that worked some...

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter...ction=main.icc

Go to the very bottom of the "Job title" heading under "Volunteer" and you will see it
    www.freeridesystems.com

Damn, I'd put a day in, but as a knuckledragger, I'm no help. I ride Flow bindings so those are kinda quick release

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Damn, I'd put a day in, but as a knuckledragger, I'm no help. I ride Flow bindings so those are kinda quick release
    You may want to sign up. They might help you rig something. But, I don't know that for sure.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I put in an app to volunteer, any clue when we might hear something? Excited to hopefully get a Copper pass this year, all my friends/family go Epic, but I'm getting really tired of the weekend crowd. I hear Copper is a little more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    I put in an app to volunteer, any clue when we might hear something? Excited to hopefully get a Copper pass this year, all my friends/family go Epic, but I'm getting really tired of the weekend crowd. I hear Copper is a little more tolerable.
    They usually get back with people fairly quickly. Post up if you haven't heard something in a few days.
    www.freeridesystems.com

2015-16 Bootpacking

www.freeridesystems.com

Nice looking jacket(s)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Nice looking jacket(s)
    bama crimson...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Yesterday

www.freeridesystems.com

a few from last week
    Both girls and guys packin, cuttin, side steppin

www.freeridesystems.com

Looks a lot easier than the boot packing at Highlands.
    They work the shit out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Looks a lot easier than the boot packing at Highlands.
    They work the shit out of you!
    Depends what days you work. Random. The day before one of the above the crew was punching through slabs on high incline Spaulding bowl all day (not side stepping) and traversing out flats since Res lift does not run. Those are the harder days. Also, moving fast so no time for camera shots which are more likely to occur on the easier stuff. Half the day on some of these shots were punching through slabs on high incline. It may not be as tough as HB, I dont know. But this is no cakewalk. So, if you are going to do it, don't be misled.

I've skied HB and there is no question that it is steep and long. Respect for those packers for sure
    www.freeridesystems.com