Places to get a beer/food in Spokane

I'm thinking this is the right place to post this....any recommendations for a place to get some food/beer while in for the night for work? Any friendly place to belly up to a bar would be great. Open to any type of food,brewpubs usually win ..thanks!

I've only been in Spokane once, but I had a killer time at the Viking. It sounds like they closed at some point since I was there, but have reopened. No idea if it's the same location or not, or if anything else has changed, but the beer was good, and the bar food was good. The tap list is here: http://www.taplister.com/bars/viking...0cc2e77a147bd/

Good stuff.

The Lantern Tap House on Perry Street has a selection of beers and a welcoming vibe that always tempts me into staying longer than I should, and has me considering what it'd be like to move into the neighborhood. I've found nothing else like it in my all too frequent stops in Spokane.

thanks Mags! Just what I was looking for.

For late night snacks the Satellite Diner is a classic downtown. and Dicks hamburgers, if u want a real feel for the city.

rocket bakery just west of downtown in the AM

benniditos is some solid pizza/beer if you make it to the south hill. i usually end up at the elk public house these days but I have a lot of friends living in the browns edition area. if it's a weekend, late night grub is either the satellite, monterey cafe (pizza), or atilano's.