Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Congrats Z - I never got more tropical than CR, which these days as mentioned is more like FL.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Right here!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418058732.809019.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	781.4 KB 
ID:	161161[ATTACH]
    "Life is a river. Go with the current." -Buddha

Congrats Z.

Go fuck around in the Mediterranean. Capri first then down and over to the Greek Isles. As much as I love getting lost on some remote island in the South Pacific, you need some stimuli if you have a month.

Pohnpei? Never been, just throwing it out there.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've always been a fan of Vanuatu.
    Recently read this article about Vanuatu, sounds like about the chillest place ever: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...549_story.html

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Good plan, get married out of the country..then when you need to bail, the marriage wont be recognized by local authorities.
    Z as your dentist I'd advise against relying on this advice ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    a month on some tiny ass fucking islands that are really fucking expensive? good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    a month on some tiny ass fucking islands that are really fucking expensive? good luck with that.
    You could do the Cyclades and the Peloponnese on the quasi-cheap. Just avoid staying more than a night or two in the places that are most overrun with fucktard British and Australians. It's sound advice even if you aren't looking to save a buck.

Z ,
    If you are doing a month why not do Australia, You can fly Hawaiian and do a stopover in Oahu for 3 days in route then once in Australia you have lots of options. Even popping over to New Zealand for some skiing.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Hearty congrats z-dash.

The island of Lesbos, obviously.

Thanks for the congrats all. We've been engaged over a year. So yeah. Bout time we tie the knot eh?
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Belize, Costa rica, us virgin islands? As long as it's cheaper than Hawaii, lacking fat white Americans and full of lesbians I'm in.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Yosemite while the park is closed seems like it would be nice.
    Congrats. No advice about where to go, never been anywhere tropical.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Yosemite while the park is closed seems like it would be nice.
    Congrats. No advice about where to go, never been anywhere tropical.
    You should fix that. It's worth checking out.

60 euros a night gets you this on the N. shore of Crete:

http://www.casa-veneta.gr/
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    You should fix that. It's worth checking out.
    I know. Singapore doesn't count and it was when I was tiny. Last year I missed a week sailing in Vietnam for a month in Europe for work. I'm young, just started traveling again for the first time in 10 years.

I could arrange the condo and be your preacher (universal life church, baby!) if you want to do Maui again.
    I would suggest a week on Maui then finding a sailboat to take you two all over the rest of the islands.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    You could do the Cyclades and the Peloponnese on the quasi-cheap. Just avoid staying more than a night or two in the places that are most overrun with fucktard British and Australians. It's sound advice even if you aren't looking to save a buck.
    was more commenting on the south pacific isle for a month suggestion. guess it depends the definition of "cheap" like all of the things. cheap to me is indonesia/sri lanka.

I agree with others that I'd get bored in any one location for a month. SE Asia, Australia, Central America, etc., broaden it out a bit, pick somewhere cheap and travel around. It can be done low stress.

Just got back from Belize. San Pedro is fucking rad: You can buy weed from literally everybody, bone fish, scuba, snorkel and paddle board, oogle titties, drink yourself numb, the food is great AND you get to drive everywhere in golf carts. What else do you want?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."