Page 31 of 233 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Chesapeake Police officer involved in excessive force lawsuit (brought by 70yo woman) has been rehired

http://wtkr.com/2015/05/13/chesapeak...-been-rehired/

Chesapeake, Va. – A former Chesapeake Police officer accused of using excessive force on an elderly woman in 2014 is getting a second chance. The Chesapeake Police Department has rehired Joel Ayala-Acevedo just five months after he was fired for the incident, which cost the city $50,000.

Ruth Davenport, 71, filed a lawsuit against the city in November of 2014 for $500,000. She claims two police officers Joel Ayala-Acevedo and Anthony Echevarria were at her house to serve a search warrant for her son when one officer grabbed her by the arm, pushed her into a wall and threw her to the ground.

Davenport’s lawyer S.W. Dawson says he was confident he and Davenport would have won the $500,000 dollar lawsuit if it went to trial, but both Davenport and the city agreed to settle for $50,000.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/

6 or so filthy pigs beat major raps today for narco trafficking and money taking

http://gawker.com/jury-acquits-six-p...tio-1704494815
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    6 or so filthy pigs beat major raps today for narco trafficking and money taking

http://gawker.com/jury-acquits-six-p...tio-1704494815

"The jury was apparently unconvinced of the unit’s wrongdoing following testimony from other police officers who said they accompanied the group on drug raids “and never saw anything untoward”"
    The blue wall stands strong I see.

must have been at least one bootlicker on the jury for the win
    Zone Controller

A Knox County deputy is now being investigated after he fatally assaulted 33-year old David Dehmann on April 21. Dehmann was autistic and had Tourette’s Syndrome, and this was well-known by the local law enforcement.

Mount Vernon police picked up Dehmann on the 21st for being intoxicated but was released within a couple hours after being cleared by a hospital for release. At 7:43pm that same day, he was arrested near a public school for disorderly conduct – harm to self, at which point he was taken to Knox County Jail by MVPD Cpl. Travis Tharp when things took a turn for the worse.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vid...Qx1804ki5u2.99
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

^ 1 pyscho and at least 3/4 conspirators to cover up homicide.

And the propaganda machine, errr, police chief approves this:

“While Dehmann was in the jail’s intake area he became aggressive with the jail staff making an aggressive move towards Deputy [Chase] Wright. Mr. Dehmann did attempt to hit Dep. Wright in the face causing Dep. Wright to place Mr. Dehmann into a take down hold, taking him to the ground to get control of him. Once control was gained it was found that Mr. Dehmann had hit his head on the floor during the incident. Mr. Dehmann was transported to KCH ER by Mount Vernon medics for a medical evaluation.”
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vid...hXLtVlyxRGC.99

Criminals taking their job seriously.

A breath of fresh air from SLC PD chief. He also gave a good speech at the gala last week, spent at least a third of the time talking about how LE will change in coming years. A different tone from a year ago, when the ceremony was focused on the two LEOs shot downtown by a Cali gangbanger. This year they gave awards for community service & actively working with the homeless (Dep. Chief). Good to see the brass speak honestly about what's going on.

Luke is among the council members who want to add officers to the police department.

"We have the best police officers in the state," Luke said. "We just need more of them."

But (Chief) Burbank didn't embrace the notion to beef up patrols as a fix-all. If police arrest a drunk in a park, he will be back the next day, the chief explained.

But if a social worker intervenes, that person may get treatment and not return.

Police have busted the same people hundreds of times, the chief said. Jailing alcoholics and drug addicts and other so-called undesirables is not working, he added.

"Alternatives to incarceration reduce [jail] recidivism," the chief said. "It's a balancing act. We need to work holistically."
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/2534959-1...ity-wants-more

Some of the quotes are just too unreal ....

"Man Threatens Suicide, Police Kill Him"

"In a phone interview with Commander Chuck Mulligan of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, The Daily Beast asked if it was standard procedure to bring assault rifles, but not mental health professionals, to a scene where someone is suicidal.

“If the deputies feel that that is the appropriate weapon system to use, then yes,” said Mulligan.

If the deputies used tasers and one prong missed, Mulligan said, they might be left in a difficult and potentially dangerous situation."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-kill-him.html

I bet he wishes he could do that all over again.

At least they learned their lesson. Don't want to call the cops for anything ever again.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    I bet he wishes he could do that all over again.
    Am wondering if you said that because you read the story?

"One of the two officers that went into Justin Way’s home, Kyle Braig, was involved in a fatal shooting with a knife-wielding man five months ago."

“I thought they were going into war,” she remembered thinking when she first saw the large guns. Within moments, Justin was shot dead.

Denise Way, Justin’s mom, said the detective relayed to her that “they told Justin to drop the knife and he didn’t—so they shot him because ‘That’s what we do.’”

Personal story from yesterday. I was driving to work at 3 AM, came to an intersection, watched cop drive by, he's in the left most of 3 lanes. I follow him but I'm in the right lane, and we come to a red light and there's a brand new van with no license plate in front of me, the cop is still in the left lane stopped. Light turns green and the van and I start to go, and with no warning whatsoever the cop makes a hard right to dive between me and the van to pull him over. THEN he turns his lights on.

If I didn't slam on the brakes and make a hard right into a parking lot he would have slammed right into me. He has a formal complain coming that I'm sure will end up in the garbage.

I wanted to pull over and get out, but I knew that if I did I'd be in jail right now.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...lly_speaks.php

The Mastermind of the Daring Pedal Pub Squirt Gun Raid Finally Speaks
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't think that is exactly over reach. Assuming that the arrest and the tactics were correct - the home can be rebuilt. As long as the family isn't burdened with costs of temporary housing or repairs I don't have much of a problem with this.

You'd be singing a different tune if that was your house with your personal belongings in it.

If it was a black dude, they would have droned the house.

How do you drone a house?

Id imagine it's like benny in real life. just droning on about stupid shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    How do you drone a house?

I'm using drone as a verb. Heard it in a rap song or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    A breath of fresh air from SLC PD chief. He also gave a good speech at the gala last week, spent at least a third of the time talking about how LE will change in coming years. A different tone from a year ago, when the ceremony was focused on the two LEOs shot downtown by a Cali gangbanger. This year they gave awards for community service & actively working with the homeless (Dep. Chief). Good to see the brass speak honestly about what's going on.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2534959-1...ity-wants-more
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I thought it was an interesting take and I was surprised to see it implemented in Utah. I think that fact gives it a bit more weight for other places as well.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...elessness-utah