Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Sometimes you need to cross the constantly windbuffed to a hard shine aspect ha going over some rectum puckering exposure to get first tracks down that very deep very fun well protected couloir.

Kingpins ski fine and I doubt most folks can tell the difference between them and Tectons or even shifts on 120mm skis in most conditions where you are skiing 120mm skis. They are also pretty consistently available for cheaper than Tectons.

Tectons are easy to use for sure, and honestly a phenomenal touring binding but using standard crampons has got to be the easiest ask out there. Many of this community of mediocre fucks want hole patterns standardized so they can go to the pain of installing inserts.
    Yeah, I hear you on crampons being a useful tool sometimes, even on huge pow skis. My point was more that I don't think most people (and it sounds like the OP falls into this camp) don't have multiple pow touring skis with different bindings on them, and therefore likely don't have a pair wide enough to fit said pow skis anyway. If you're going to end up buying a pair regardless...

I don't disagree for a second that it would be nicer if crampon mounts were better standardized. I just don't see it as being a deciding factor on bindings, especially for a ski that's an outlier on width in a lot of touring quivers and therefore unlikely to share crampons anyway.

What's Blizzard up to?

So I've been cheating on my R11s....as I bought some Nordica Enforcer Free 104s and Salomon QST 106s....first 5 ski days have been on those. Today I got back on the R11s at Whistler. It was shit snow, shit vis in the am, and everyone was saying it sorta sucked. I’m just glad to be skiing. And I was on my R11s....man they're so so good. We skied steep icy crap, dust on crust, little bit of pow, groomers....didn't have a bad run.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8814.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	352913
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-14-2020 at 09:56 PM.

That empty rack makes me cry - Whistler so close and yet so far away . . . same experience with my R11's today on dust over boilerplate at Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    That empty rack makes me cry - Whistler so close and yet so far away . . . same experience with my R11's today on dust over boilerplate at Crystal.
    That pic was taken as I came out of an empty lodge around 12:30 pm after lunch. Zero line-ups today.

Ya'll are making me want to get a pair of R11s as a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    You could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    You should. They do it all pretty damn well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Just unboxed by 186 Bodacious. Wow. Haven’t been this pumped in a while, closest thing to my dearly departed Katanas (12-15 made in Germany ones) I’ve seen in a while, damn near flat and gradual rocker with a flat tail and metal!?! Fkna a, sploosh.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Just unboxed by 186 Bodacious. Wow. Haven’t been this pumped in a while, closest thing to my dearly departed Katanas (12-15 made in Germany ones) I’ve seen in a while, damn near flat and gradual rocker with a flat tail and metal!?! Fkna a, sploosh.
    Hell yeah. I need to track down another pair, I forgot how beat the one functioning pair I have has become.

Cochise collection:

Just got my hands on the 20/21 model today. Pretty excited to see how the ski has changed again.

Stats (they’re all 193/192cm)

Flex: they are all similar stiffnesses with a round stiff flex, the new pair is way more snappy probably because it is new, but I’s assume Blizzard has more carbon in the layup these days.

Weight: Basically the same for all of them 2013: 2460g, 2015: 2450g, 2021: 2440g

Shape: you can see the subtle increase in sidecut between the versions. The newest version has significantly more sidecut in the tail. The tip shape for the V3 is also less tapered and somewhat of a middle ground between the OG and the V2.

Rocker line: OG has no camber and a bunch of mellow tail rocker, V2 has 2mm of camber maybe, but is very easy to compress to flat, but has minimal tail rocker. V3 has the most camber(4mm?) and requires significant more pressure to flatten, it has some tail rocker which increases into the ski when flat. All three tip rockers are really similar.

It’ll be a while until i really get to test these against each other in the right conditions, the alpine needs a lot more snow for now.

Name:	B35877FB-DF28-48C1-8F81-1E5C87B861B1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	525.6 KB 
ID:	353061

Name:	7E7B364A-27A2-483C-8091-F2FDC9BBCC5A.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	353062

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Cochise collection:

Just got my hands on the 20/21 model today. Pretty excited to see how the ski has changed again.

Stats (they’re all 193/192cm)

Flex: they are all similar stiffnesses with a round stiff flex, the new pair is way more snappy probably because it is new, but I’s assume Blizzard has more carbon in the layup these days.

Weight: Basically the same for all of them 2013: 2460g, 2015: 2450g, 2021: 2440g

Shape: you can see the subtle increase in sidecut between the versions. The newest version has significantly more sidecut in the tail. The tip shape for the V3 is also less tapered and somewhat of a middle ground between the OG and the V2.

Rocker line: OG has no camber and a bunch of mellow tail rocker, V2 has 2mm of camber maybe, but is very easy to compress to flat, but has minimal tail rocker. V3 has the most camber(4mm?) and requires significant more pressure to flatten, it has some tail rocker which increases into the ski when flat. All three tip rockers are really similar.

It’ll be a while until i really get to test these against each other in the right conditions, the alpine needs a lot more snow for now.

Name:	B35877FB-DF28-48C1-8F81-1E5C87B861B1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	525.6 KB 
ID:	353061

Name:	7E7B364A-27A2-483C-8091-F2FDC9BBCC5A.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	353062
    I'm pretty stoked to see the rocker profile on the OG version. I decided to try and track down a pair after spending a whole season on the OG Bodacious. The combination of flat camber and slightly narrower shape is exactly what I have been looking for.
    I almost grabbed a newer pair, but I'm glad I waited for the old ones.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Anyone ski the Rustler 11 that has also been on the Head Kore 117?

My current daily is the Experience 100. I'm old school, so more traditional and less rocker is appealing. I just wish the 11 was a little fatter. I'm looking for something closer to 115 for a dedicated pow ski.

Kore feels stiffer in the shop, but also has more tip rocker. Tails appear similar. Thoughts?

114 isn’t close enough to 115 for you?

I might have measured against the 180 Rustler. In holding my current model against the Rustler, I was expecting more width.

Currently on 184 Experience 100. Thinking with the rocker to bump up to the 188 (6', 190lbs).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Cochise collection:

There’s technically less carbon in the tips of the 20/21 model. No more carbon anywhere else.

The flex and camber has more to do with you comparing a brand new ski to a used one.

New ones are a lot more fun than Gen 2 for sure. I liked the 192 of the Gen 3 more than Gen 1 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I might have measured against the 180 Rustler. In holding my current model against the Rustler, I was expecting more width.

Currently on 184 Experience 100. Thinking with the rocker to bump up to the 188 (6', 190lbs).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    You want the 188 for sure

188 is 114
    192 is 116

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    114 isn’t close enough to 115 for you?
    🤣🤣🤣 my thoughts exactly!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

What's Blizzard up to?

Anyone know the recommended mount from true center on the new 2021 Spurs?

I’ve heard -11cm. Hoping for -8cm.

Name:	IMG_8851.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	353245
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-16-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Anyone know the recommended mount from true center on the new 2021 Spurs?

I’ve heard -11cm. Hoping for -8cm.

Name:	IMG_8851.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	353245
    So put them at -8?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just circling back to sing more praises of the Rustler 11s. I skied them today in zero visibility dust on crust which later turned to pow on crust at the Ghee.

I've never had a ski that inspired more confidence in those conditions. They are an incredible blend of dampness, stability and maneuverability without being dead. They make effortless slow speed, tight radius turns but keep their shit together at higher speeds in open terrain with a little bit of crud underneath. The metal underfoot ads stability and dampness, whatever magic is in the wood core allows the tips and the tails to bend on command but still bust through soft crud and crust. I can drive them hard when I want and let up on them without them taking more for a ride. I can't think of a more perfect ski for the conditions I skied today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Just circling back to sing more praises of the Rustler 11s. I skied them today in zero visibility dust on crust which later turned to pow on crust at the Ghee.

I've never had a ski that inspired more confidence in those conditions. They are an incredible blend of dampness, stability and maneuverability without being dead. They make effortless slow speed, tight radius turns but keep their shit together at higher speeds in open terrain with a little bit of crud underneath. The metal underfoot ads stability and dampness, whatever magic is in the wood core allows the tips and the tails to bend on command but still bust through soft crud and crust. I can drive them hard when I want and let up on them without them taking more for a ride. I can't think of a more perfect ski for the conditions I skied today.
    Ya I’ve been having similar experience/thoughts about my R11s. They make tough snow conditions manageable. Scary to think that I almost sold mine this year. Glad I didn’t.

The R11 is a ski that I could justify having two pair in my ski quiver. One with Shifts and one with STHs.

I love this view....

Name:	IMG_8829.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	950.8 KB 
ID:	354379

Season of to a very slow start. Only two days on busy, skied out groomers. Low vert, bad visibility etc

The good news is the Brahma 82s.
    Compared to the Enforcer 88s I skied last year the 82s are slightly softer, and with less rocker and taper they have a longer effective edge in comparable sizes.

This makes it 1) easier to engage the sidecut 2) easier to bend them into whatever shape you want 3) in combination this gives them far better grip

- they are however not difficult to release
    - bases flat they have a slightly slower speed limit than the Enforcer 88s, but when you ski them on edge they are very confidence inspiring

For now they are by far the best hard snow / groomer ski I've been on. But I haven't had them on ice yet.

On 187s - 190cm/83kg

So skied my 188 Rustler 11 today in 6” on crust layer. They are so easy and float great. Fast and stable on groomers. Caught a little on the ice but any ski would and just let them run a little and solved that. They are quick, intuitive and very easy to bring around in the steeps. All around a great resort ski

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

man. The 186 bodacious. So so so so good. Wow.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I pulled out the Brahma 82 for six dry days (minus one) in Big Sky. Had not been on them in close to two seasons. Perfect ski for hard pack/boiler plate. Killer edges, 2 layers of metal power, want to go fast, very unforgiving. I don't think they make 'em anymore.