Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Put the rustler 10 and 11 graphics on the peacemaker and gunsmoke and they would have sold better. Great skis, atrocious graphics most years.

The worst! We tried so hard to change those every year... you can only fight so many battles

Top sheet or not I love my 193 Gunsmokes... Holy shit what a fun ski that really does a lot of stuff well...

I am def looking hard at the 188 Rustler 10... If it has some beef under it this ski will def be added to the quiver...

What's Blizzard up to?

Just got my sexy lookin asym spur. Noticeably softer than the old one. But ATTENTION, BIG BUMMER: Pivots/FKS don't fit because of the elevated rails on the edge. There has to be a distance between the topsheet and the brake arm like at least 2-3 mm which those bindings don't have. WTF!!!
    Last edited by roQer; 02-23-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Add a 2mm lift....

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Just got my sexy lookin asym spur. Noticeably softer than the old one. But ATTENTION, BIG BUMMER: Pivots/FKS don't fit because of the elevated rails on the edge. There has to be a distance between the topsheet and the brake arm like at least 2-3 mm which those bindings don't have. WTF!!!
    What bindings do fit? I stopped using Pivots/FKS on my pow ski cause they are a pain in the ass to get into when I lose a ski on a pow day...

What's Blizzard up to?

Markers work with no issue

Jackie Paaso has pivots on hers....
    Last edited by wasatchback; 02-23-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Add a 2mm lift....
    Don't like it very much but a legit work around for sure. Tyrolia Attacks fitted nicely.

So I got to ski the 193 gun smoke today and gosh darn is that a fun ski. Chargers hard while being super easy to ski at the same time.
    Is the rustler 11 going to be even better??

Rustler 11 is like a cross between a Cochise and a Gunsmoke, but lighter than either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Is the rustler 11 going to be even better??
    For some people and situations, maybe. I'm hanging on to my Gunsmokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    For some people and situations, maybe. I'm hanging on to my Gunsmokes.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Rustler 11 is like a cross between a Cochise and a Gunsmoke, but lighter than either.
    so, wait, my two favorite skis made love and their lovechild went on a diet? Sounds too good to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    How so?
    The Gunsmoke is unique in the way it combines poppy smearability with really good edgehold; it does this better than anything on the market right now. The Rustler 11 is damper and more powerful - it will be a better comp ski for guys like Leo and Loic ("there's .4 meter of dust over sheet ice, but we're holding the contest anyway"). It will be a better hard snow tool and have a slightly higher speed limit, but for regular skiers hammering out laps in steep trees and chutes, it won't be as versatile as the 'Smoke. My opinion, lots of other testers have been raving about it, though they may not be Gunsmoke owners.

Maybe I missed it, but what's the weight on the Rustler 10's in 180cm?

1850ish

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but what's the weight on the Rustler 10's in 180cm?
    I'll weigh mine Monday

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    "there's .4 meter of dust over sheet ice, but we're holding the contest anyway".
    Huh? .4 meter of "dust" (means fresh snow?) over ice would be an avalanche massacre on a contest venue. You mean .4 centimeters?

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Huh? .4 meter of "dust" (means fresh snow?) over ice would be an avalanche massacre on a contest venue. You mean .4 centimeters?
    Looked like a foot or so in Andorra on the first day . . .

Whatever. I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    I'll weigh mine Monday
    My pair of 180 Rustler 10s weigh 3,700 grams on the nose (still wrapped in plastic with two pieces of styrofoam between them) using a postal scale, so 1,850 per ski, though I'm too lazy to unpackage and weigh each one at work. They look fucking sweet. Sollyfits go on tonight.
    Last edited by Andyski; 02-27-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    My pair of 180 Rustler 10s weigh 3,700 grams on the nose (still wrapped in plastic with two pieces of styrofoam between them) using a postal scale, so 1,850 per ski, though I'm too lazy to unpackage and weigh each one at work. They look fucking sweet. Sollyfits go on tonight.
    So... to clarify... the next production model will be a bit stiffer and weigh more, or will those be the same as what comes out later?

What's Blizzard up to?

Just 188s... the pairs we had in the US previously were the first ones they made. Next round of slightly stiffer and a little heavier just landed last week. Stoked to get on them this week hopefully
    Last edited by wasatchback; 02-27-2017 at 08:05 PM.

188cm R11s just landed?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    There will be considerably less Bodacious than the first Spur. I was told the total would be 150 pairs and that's it. I believe it's a one and done at least for the next two years. We'll see.

Very first construction was what all the requests were for. It got slightly stiffer the next two years and then the green one was quite a bit softer. Green one had no camber. If you got one with camber doubt it had more than 1mm per ski which is within the tolerance.

That year Cochise got a little camber but not the Bodacious.
    Wait, so it's NOT as stiff and puking bulls or whichever? Any camber?
    The first green ones with the shade of camber and "softer" looked pretty bad ass. Not the Spurred-out carbon ones (this year?).
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.