Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    That’s pretty encouraging for those who want a Rustler 8. I’ll keep that A84 in mind as a more playful, partly metal complement to my E94. Seems like for the Brahma lovers however, losing some tail grip and metal and turning down the throttle may not be what they want?

I can’t be the only one who thinks an R12 is called for as well? Part of the issue is that in 180 the R11 is only 112mm - I love that ski for storm skiing early (fresh but not deep) or late (when it’s been packed down but is still soft) in a storm cycle, but not after a deep dump. I would love a 122mm ski at that same mount point that loves to carve, smear, or pivot in pow, and wants more to pop off of pillows than to smash through them at Mach 11.
    Looks like you are talking abt the spur here, asymmetrical or green one

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Weren’t those always only available in the long 180s? I need like 179-182 cm as I’m only 140 lbs and 5’ 8”. Also I had always thought the Spur was marketed as more chargey and a bigger Bodacious? Maybe I just misunderstood the lineup.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Weren’t those always only available in the long 180s? I need like 179-182 cm as I’m only 140 lbs and 5’ 8”. Also I had always thought the Spur was marketed as more chargey and a bigger Bodacious? Maybe I just misunderstood the lineup.
    I find the green one pretty surfy and smeary with plenty of float at 127 ! Also it starts at 159 all the way to 189 so you might want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    I find the green one pretty surfy and smeary with plenty of float at 127 ! Also it starts at 159 all the way to 189 so you might want to check it out.

Thank you!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

For nerd posterity: I just weighed a pair of unmounted 188 Hustle 11s at Tahoe Sports Hub. They averaged 2170g/ski. I was inspired to measure because my 22/23 188 Rustler 11s weigh 2060g/ski, and I had read on Skialper and other sites that the Hustles were weighing in the same or more than Rustlers. I couldn't believe it, so had to verify. Wild.

I also weighed 184 Katana VWerks (avg 1900g/ski) and 188 QST Echo 106s (avg 1910g/ski).

I still would like to try the Hustles, but can't imagine buying them for a touring ski at that weight and usage.
    sproing!

The Blizzard website is truthful and agreed with your measurements. It’s puzzling that they spent time and money to design a product that not only misses a major requirement for consumers for its intended purpose, but is actually worse in that respect than another product that they already made.

…and it’s not like they have no experience designing lightweight skis.

Quote Originally Posted by dwoovre View Post
    The Blizzard website is truthful and agreed with your measurements. It’s puzzling that they spent time and money to design a product that not only misses a major requirement for consumers for its intended purpose, but is actually worse in that respect than another product that they already made.

…and it’s not like they have no experience designing lightweight skis.
    Seconded. I'm a Blizzard guy, and own all the Rustlers plus all the Zero G's (plus some Bonafides and Bodacious) . . . and no Hustles.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Seconded. I'm a Blizzard guy, and own all the Rustlers plus all the Zero G's (plus some Bonafides and Bodacious) . . . and no Hustles.
    Ive said it in the past, but a 1900g or even 2000g hustle 11 would be good. A ton of the tahoe guides/pros (who i assume have sponsorship from blizz), ski the h11s, and i assume guiding slow af clients with heavy skis is not tiring, but a *slight* weight reduction from the rustler seems reasonable. Have yet to hear any rationale for the current state of affairs with the hustle series from blizz.

1800 is a totally reasonable goal for an updated 186 Hustler 11 in the current Rustler mold. 1700 would make it extreme attractive. Hustle 10/9 can continue to serve as wimpy Rustlers for People who can’t ski strong and want to do other things good too.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    1800 is a totally reasonable goal for an updated 186 Hustler 11 in the current Rustler mold. 1700 would make it extreme attractive. Hustle 10/9 can continue to serve as wimpy Rustlers for People who can’t ski strong and want to do other things good too.
    Hustle isn't even in the '24-'25 catalog. Same with the Nordica Unlimited Series.

Hustle isn't even in the '24-'25 catalog. Same with the Nordica Unlimited Series.
    Tbf there are a ton of people skiing hustles and unlimited nordicas in bounds, at least in CA. Seems like a miss by blizztech.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Tbf there are a ton of people skiing hustles and unlimited nordicas in bounds, at least in CA. Seems like a miss by blizztech.
    They told the shop person they wanted the "option" to tour, but haven't purchased the skins yet. And they're wondering why their Shift toepieces rattle up and down. At our shop the stack of Hustles (all three) is still about full; the rack of Rustlers is empty and they weren't even on sale.

Talking abt options to tour and shop guys not paying too much attention I just thought I’d double down on the last Zero Gs (thank you Greg) and the extra pair I got from them had the carbon drive missing on one ski when I took them off the plastic wrapping

They told the shop person they wanted the "option" to tour, but haven't purchased the skins yet. And they're wondering why their Shift toepieces rattle up and down. At our shop the stack of Hustles (all three) is still about full; the rack of Rustlers is empty and they weren't even on sale.

Fair point. The skis I see aren't even mounted with the shifts, maybe people are just getting overstock pushed on em at shops.

Talking abt options to tour and shop guys not paying too much attention I just thought I’d double down on the last Zero Gs (thank you Greg) and the extra pair I got from them had the carbon drive missing on one ski when I took them off the plastic wrapping

Looks like someone had a few beers before the afternoon shift.

Looks like someone had a few beers before the afternoon shift.
    and during

What's Blizzard up to?

I have been ski touring a lot this winter on Zero Gs 105 and I was so impressed by the new construction of the ski that I bought a second pair to double it - although I found the build quality very strong. It is now back from CS (carbon drive was missing on one ski ) and I am considering mounting some inserts to shift bindings (ATK FR15 evo). Any thoughts or recommendations about this ? Thank you

Last edited by Gweilo; 03-10-2024 at 03:31 AM.

I have been ski touring a lot this winter on Zero Gs 105 and I was so impressed by the new construction of the ski that I bought a second pair to double it - although I found the build quality very strong. It is now back from CS (carbon drive was missing on one ski ) and I am considering mounting some inserts to shift bindings (ATK FR15 evo). Any thoughts or recommendations about this ? Thank you
    Why inserts? What binding other than the FR15 Evo would you want on there?

Why inserts? What binding other than the FR15 Evo would you want on there?
    I’d like to have two pairs so I can switch skis if needed (approaches are way more rocky with warmer winters here). Thought inserts could spare me a second set of bindings, just moving them from one ski to another when needed

I’d like to have two pairs so I can switch skis if needed (approaches are way more rocky with warmer winters here). Thought inserts could spare me a second set of bindings, just moving them from one ski to another when needed
    The reality of inserts is that it's enough of a hassle that you end up not swapping bindings about 95% of the time. I would just buy 2 sets of bindings, prices aren't that bad in Europe.

The reality of inserts is that it's enough of a hassle that you end up not swapping bindings about 95% of the time. I would just buy 2 sets of bindings, prices aren't that bad in Europe.
    Yeah I was actually thinking abt that too…

Demo'd the Blizzard "Stance" 102, because that's a very apt description of their character and profile now; see below. Contrasting a gen1 M102 they are more planted and have that bonafide quietness and edge hold, but one dimensional; one type of carved turn is what it wants to do, and harder to release the tails than their rocker suggests. An evolution, easier to tame than a Bone without losing much top-end.

So yeah, a beefier, better Stance 102.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240324_115312.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	848.4 KB 
ID:	491771
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240324_115314.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	848.3 KB 
ID:	491772

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Demo'd the Blizzard "Stance" 102, because that's a very apt description of their character and profile now; see below. Contrasting a gen1 M102 they are more planted and have that bonafide quietness and edge hold, but one dimensional; one type of carved turn is what it wants to do, and harder to release the tails than their rocker suggests. An evolution, easier to tame than a Bone without losing much top-end.
    I've got about 10 days on the Anomaly 102, and am impressed by it. As a confirmed Bonafide 97 fan (but not really a Cochise 106 guy), I think this is a good compromise of waist widths and should be a good choice for any snow under about 10 inches deep. The Anomaly 102 doesn't quite have the Bonafide's absolute quiet confidence at the top end, or the silky smooth manners on chattery firm snow, but it makes up for it with a more precise feel on edge and more life coming out of the turn. No, it doesn't release at the tail to change turn radius, but it does "pivot" underfoot when unweighted (top of a bump) much like the Rustlers.

The Stance 102 analogy is pretty apt; I like that ski as well but the rocker line at the tip is too long . . .

What's Blizzard up to?

I've got about 10 days on the Anomaly 102, and am impressed by it. As a confirmed Bonafide 97 fan (but not really a Cochise 106 guy), I think this is a good compromise of waist widths and should be a good choice for any snow under about 10 inches deep. The Anomaly 102 doesn't quite have the Bonafide's absolute quiet confidence at the top end, or the silky smooth manners on chattery firm snow, but it makes up for it with a more precise feel on edge and more life coming out of the turn. No, it doesn't release at the tail to change turn radius, but it does "pivot" underfoot when unweighted (top of a bump) much like the Rustlers.

The Stance 102 analogy is pretty apt; I like that ski as well but the rocker line at the tip is too long . . .
    Compared to the new R10 ? I have spent quite a few days on it now and it really feels like the livelier R11 I was hoping for when I bought the first gen. Really happy with it (talking abt the 190+ lengths)

All these comments vs. the stance - is this vs. the new (softer/lighter) stance or the OG heavier/stiffer stance? Mind elaborating on the stability, groomer/on edge performance, preferred skiing stance?