Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Hit post on accident... My bad
    Ha! Okay, now it's looking like a review. That was pretty funny... I thought you were just summarizing "get the Bodacious."

This thread title sounds like it was written by a "social media intern" at buzzfeed

Quote Originally Posted by JAREDS View Post
    This thread title sounds like it was written by a "social media intern" at buzzfeed
    Thank you for your captivating & valuable contribution. I'll be sure to check in with you before posting a new thread in the future.

Ok, so this had me second guessing myself and I jumped on both the cochise and Zero G again ready to revise my first impression. More crud and chop today than first time which was perfect groomers. As stated before the Cochise is more damp than the Zero G and in high speed on choppy, skied out snow it still kicks ass. Just not in the same way as the previous version, not a bad thing IMO since it has made it more versatile. Admittedly it was more stable than I thought from skiing it the first time.

Zero G still feels more stable on edge in good groomers too me, I'd trace it down to the carbon layup giving it more tortional ridigity than the cochise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1422483997.325705.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	163177
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1422484009.102824.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	163178

Rocker pics, they are the same as far as I could see though even if the pics doesn't really show it. Cochise on the left.
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the info! I foresee a 185 Zero G 108 in my future...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by JAREDS View Post
    Nah. If that was the case, it would be: "What's Blizzard Up To? When You See It Will Blow Your Mind!"

Looks like less rocker than the current version?

Also it looks to me the Zero has significantly thicker (or rather higher) sidewalls

looks shorter for sure, current gen has a long rocker!

zero g appears on the pic to have less tail rocker than the cochise and more camber

"The new skis have way more power when on edge". Nice! Curious as to why? Is the ski the same layup as the 14/15 Cochise simply with carbon in the rocker areas? Or are there other changes in the construction from the 14/15 version? Thanks.

Wasatch Back Said: "The new skis have way more power when on edge."
    And: "Better in softer snow and better on hardback".
    "Still two sheets of metal and same flex profile as the 14/15 model".
    Are there other changes in the 2016 layup and construction materials besides the carbon in tips and tails? I realize there are a ton of variables in ski construction and thus the resulting performance, but not sure I understand how carbon in the tip and tail area gets it to carve with "way more power on edge" on the hard snow if everything else in the layup/construction is the same as 14/15. Can you please elaborate on that Wasatch Back? Thank you.

anyone know if the zero g's will be available at retail or available for consumer demo this year?

What's Blizzard up to?

A few of the Zero Gs will be available from mid feb. in a few places in Europe at least but it'll be a very limited stock.
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

ZeroG can be found at a few shops here in the US in the next few weeks. Not sure which ones as of yet.

Just got back from SIA, where I got to check out the revised Bodacious... with the metal removed, and tapered tip/tail, it's essentially a narrower, little brother of the Spur. The 193 is going to be tits.

Oh and yeah, the Zero G line was stupid light too. Looking forward to getting out on these things.

192 Cochise Review will go here. When we get snow, or I drive to some.
    2462gr per ski of bamboo, metal, and carbon.
    nice round flex
    29m turn radius
    tip rocker, slight tail rocker
    looks like a fucking missile.

Why doe Blizzard do this to me? The Spur is just a little too big for long days chasing left overs, and I was dreaming for something just a little smaller...

Well, there goes my plan to avoid trying and buying another pair of skis, who's got a new pair of Bodacious for me to try?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Why doe Blizzard do this to me? The Spur is just a little too big for long days chasing left overs, and I was dreaming for something just a little smaller...

Well, there goes my plan to avoid trying and buying another pair of skis, who's got a new pair of Bodacious for me to try?
    If you're lusting over the Spur, but think they're too big, pick up the '16 Bodacious. It's the same ski, only 7mm narrower and you can get it in a 185 next year.

ZeroG can be found at a few shops here in the US in the next few weeks. Not sure which ones as of yet.
    Hopefully one in Seattle....

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Hopefully one in Seattle....
    I'll ask around...

Looking forward to your 192 review. I've been skiing the 185 Cochise (black topsheets) for the last few weeks and it's been incredible. Best ski I've been on less than 5 inches and all conditions. Very versatile. Wouldn't hesitate to grab them not knowing the mountain conditions at all. Skied them today in 4-5 fresh, from soft to sunbaked ice sheets underneath. Very happy.

review in the works. Today was hard and fast groomers or shitfuck refrozen crud. Basically, go as fast as you fucking want. The tip is even more stable than in the past. I've skied Wrenegades, XXLs, Mojo 103s, B-Squads, Katana's, and others. These are the most stable skis to mach through the refrozen fuck. They have more balls than me.

Anyone else skied the ZeroG series? Would have loved to see a 95 in the Cochise mold and a 112 in the Bodacious mold. A 112 Bodacious in the old construction would be tits, too. 118 is pushing too wide once resorts get tracked out, imo.

As with all the new models the construction on each size changes. Longest length is the stiffest and most powerful and each size gets slightly softer from there on down. Trying to optimize the flex and rocker profiles for each target skier.
    Did the long lengths get stiffer or the short lengths get softer?

I think everyone would agree the present cochise design did not shine in pow for a 108 wasted ski. Tips tended to submarine.
    What changed for this improvement?

More on ZG108 later
    updates?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    2462gr per ski of bamboo, metal, and carbon.
    Sounds like no carbon weight loss?

My new 185 Bodacious are 2222g/ski, so ~1/2 lb lighter per ski than the metal ones. Not super noticeable. Still tanks on the skin track. But they slayyyy in soft snow. I haven't had them on the resort yet because they are new and shiny and the resort looks like a bike park.

New Cochise has tip taper and a bit more tip rise. I haven't skied them. SydVicious says they are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Anyone else skied the ZeroG series? Would have loved to see a 95 in the Cochise mold and a 112 in the Bodacious mold. A 112 Bodacious in the old construction would be tits, too. 118 is pushing too wide once resorts get tracked out, imo.

Did the long lengths get stiffer or the short lengths get softer?

What changed for this improvement?

updates?

Sounds like no carbon weight loss?
    Everyone bitches about deflection yet wants their skis to weigh nothing. No mass equals deflection. Yeah maybe the ZG108 could weigh a little less but you get to a point of diminishing returns...

The shortest lengths got softer. 185, 192 are the same flex profile as last year.

New tip design. It is more upturned or rises faster, however you want to describe it. It just planes in softer snow better. OG Cochise had a much lower profile tip. And no not much weight loss in the Cochise and Bonafide. Carbon Is for reinforcement and stability more than it is for weight loss in the freeride skis.

I still have only had one morning of laps out the gates at the Canyons and 10-15 runs in bounds split between Alta, Jackson, Snowbasin. 108 skis great in all sorts of conditions. At 215 lbs I can overpower the 108 at times at speed through chop but for the most part it holds it's own and is considerably lighter than a scout or Cochise. 1650g vs more than 2000g in a scout.

The 95s are almost as torsionally stiff as a Bonafide yet weigh half as much. I've only skied them on night missions at PCMR or a few runs in bounds at Alta. I haven't skied another ski in this weight class but I think those that do will be stoked on them. I can lay them over at speed on really hard snow and they don't fold at all. If anyone in UT wants to try a pair send me a PM.