Inner Arch Pain From Boots

Sup Bong Mommas and Kush Daddies,

Got some 2010 Falcon CS boots, because apparently I have wide ass feet and that was the most high performance boot my local shop in the ATL carried.

For the past year or so, they have been putting a ton of pressure/pain on the inside of my right arch, regardless of how tight/loose they are buckled.

Any of y'all have similar problems? Is it an issue with my arch collapsing?

I've got Surefoot custom foot beds, have had them packed out, spent a couple hundred bucks in after market mods to it and the problem remains...what do y'all think

Probly have too high of an instep for that boot, I'm no boot fitter but that'd be my bet
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Oh for fucks sake, its the blind following the blind............

TECH TALK........... (my lack of cred prohibits the last part of that)
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, its the blind following the blind............

TECH TALK...........JONG ass motherfucker! (my lack of cred prohibits the last part of that)
    fify

Mod can you move to the appropriate forum? Sorry bros, TGR forum interphase not as intuitive as NS... {help}

Interphase. Good one!
    Telephase, anaphase...
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Sup Bong Mommas and Kush Daddies,

Got some 2010 Falcon CS boots, because apparently I have wide ass feet and that was the most high performance boot my local shop in the ATL carried.

For the past year or so, they have been putting a ton of pressure/pain on the inside of my right arch, regardless of how tight/loose they are buckled.

Any of y'all have similar problems? Is it an issue with my arch collapsing?

I've got Surefoot custom foot beds, have had them packed out, spent a couple hundred bucks in after market mods to it and the problem remains...what do y'all think
    80% chance you're in the wrong boot or the wrong size. 20% chance the boot needs adjustment (width at forefoot/ cuff alignment etc). Take them to a reputable shop in the mountains and have someone do a shell fit, and look at your alignment, footbeds etc. It could be an easy fix for a good boot fitter, or you might need to spring for new boots or new footbeds. Hard to tell without seeing your foot or the boot. Even when the boots are perfect, it's common to have some discomfort until your feet are in shape. Skiing uses a lot of muscles you don't typically use.

Had the custom insoles done in Steamboat at Christy Sports. Problem still persists.

Anyone know a solid performance boot that will be viable for riding 50% park 50 % all mtn with a last over 99mm??

Try boots on when you're away from ATL. It might cost you more, but if you can afford it, it's worth it.
    There are plenty of stiff boots with a wide forefoot. A good shop with good fitters and selection can put you in one.
    You're in a boot with a very low instep. Low volume in general. It's possible you're also in too big a size to compensate.
    That thing about your foot muscles is true too. And if you run, or do a bunch of other athletics, your feet may not like being bound up even worse. (sorry, bad sentence. Maybe you know what I mean).
    That shit needs to be perfect and your feet need to be used to it. Arch pain is a sign that neither are true.
    No longer stuck.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Had the custom insoles done in Steamboat at Christy Sports. Problem still persists.

Anyone know a solid performance boot that will be viable for riding 50% park 50 % all mtn with a last over 99mm??
    One other thing to consider (if you can't get to a good boot fitter anytime soon) is try running the stock footbeds instead of the custom. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but some people just can't handle foot support. I used to ski 100+ days a year and was a perfect candidate for cork footbeds, but they killed my feet. Personally, I found green $30 Superfeet way more comfortable than $160 custom corks. I know plenty of strong skiers that ski with no footbed at all and are more comfortable without. It's a personal thing.
    Last edited by Kied; 12-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Measure your feet for the ski boot and then look for boots that match your dimensions. Skis.com has a good vide. Evo.com shows the length and last dimensions for boots. I have hard to fit feet and only solution has been the full deal ($1,200 +/-) from Surefoot or Strolz. Even then I've had them back for some adjustments. Both them use the foam in liners.

dudes in hotlanta
    avatar a Dawg helmet gone Deadhead
    250 to 1 dude's got a bigger trust fund than you
    dad a lawyer in Peachtree
    mom has a boutique in Buckhead
    sis designed an app for Tom's Shoes
    bro is in rehab at 14
    tons of money
    no ski skills
    no social skils
    but used to getting his way
    because Dad&Mom are that way

^ young man, I believe that is a bit of an unfair assessment. Obviously to have done the amount of skiing I have in my life ( on skis at 3, 20 days a year in CO/UT growing up in ATL, High North ski camp 4 summers, gap year in the boat) i've been blessed with some family "resources" but I'm not some fucking clueless southern gaper bro that goes to Jackson once every 3 years and regards Tangerine Dream as THE SICKEST MOVIE EVAR.

that's impossible

Just put him on ignore and your stay here will be much more enjoyable.
    No longer stuck.

Try a heel lift. Delete this thread.

Just put me on ignore and your stay here will be much more enjoyable.
    absolutely

I can get "I read all the brochures and memorized their contents" stuff at MTBR and Paula's Ski Lovers, so you're sorta redundant here

Mod can you move to the appropriate forum? Sorry bros, TGR forum interphase not as intuitive as NS... {help}
    And while the mods are letting u twist in the wind, go read the sticky titled "post new threads in the right fuckin place JONG". Then go to Tech Talk and read the sticky "how to use Tech Talk effectively".

You could also delete this thread and post again in the right fucking forum instead of waiting for the moderators to clean up your shit. Is that intuitive enough for your NS brain?

^ young man, I believe that is a bit of an unfair assessment. Obviously to have done the amount of skiing I have in my life ( on skis at 3, 20 days a year in CO/UT growing up in ATL, High North ski camp 4 summers, gap year in the boat) i've been blessed with some family "resources" but I'm not some fucking clueless southern gaper bro that goes to Jackson once every 3 years and regards Tangerine Dream as THE SICKEST MOVIE EVAR.

Ooohhhh, 20 days a year! Spent a season at Steamboat! Has been to flippy-spinny camp FOUR FUCKIN TIMES! Ooohhh, A real fuckin' expert.
    Imma gonna go with clueless Southern JONG.

Popcorn threshold is getting closer
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

First thing...next time you use "y'all" in a post, you will be sodomized with a large chunk of dried and hardened grits.

Second thing: fly to Reno and drive to Truckee. Go here: cosmosfootwerks.com. Problem will be solved.

Edit: Almost forgot:

TECH TALK BITCH!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Try a different insole like a superfeet bronze. Custom isn't always better.

Hey, it's okay, Johnny Reb.

I had similar problems. Tried hi performance/race boots from Lange, Rossi, Volkl. Problems with the last shape and width on the Langes and Rossis. Didn't care for the rotational rivet alignment of the Volkls. Went with new Head Mojos I found on Ebay for $100 since they have a 103mm last.

Tried professional footbeds with three different shops, each one claiming some form of legitimate certification. Each one posted me too strongly, which caused both pain and misalignment (bow legged or varus). One PSIA III asshole told me I wasn't out of alignment, but that I needed ski lessons and handed me his card. Went to a fourth shop where I was found to be 3 1/2 degrres out on the left side. They canted the boot soles., but I declined getting new footbeds since I'd had such bad experiences with folks not understanding a functional flat foot.

Tried Superfeet, but they posted me too much, as well. Ended up using these 5 dollar ProFoot orthotics from WalMart after I cut the front metatarsal arch off and have had no problems with either comfort or alignment. These were suggested by a friend who is a physical therapist at the local medical school::

It really an individual thing, with most of the foot people, much like the shop sales people, not knowing what they are doing.

Your Falcons may be the wrong shape for your foot. My son skis them, but had a Lange type of foots that is narrow.

Good luck.