Thread: Nikon F2 setup

Nikon F2 setup

All right photo nerds...what is this worth? I found this setup cleaning out the in-laws house as they are planning to move. They said I could do with it as I please. Used to be owned by FIL's old company and he has no idea what it is worth:

Haliburton AL suitcase
    Nikon F2 camera
    Nikor 28 mm lens
    NIkor 80-200 mm zoom
    a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is...see pics below.

Is this stuff worth anything? If I was to try and sell it would it be best to sell it piece by piece or the entire package? Thanks for your help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141202_120443285.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	160996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141202_120433745.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	160997

Hugh Conway Guest
    www.keh.com or www.ebay.com

the other might be extension tubes - had something like that at one time. some filters? It's not worth a lot of money at least for the lens + body, but usually parting things out gets more money, or did.

it's a nice setup for someone who wants to work in film
    that Nikkor zoom may be the most valuable piece in the case
    or the case itself, was it autographed by Cheney?

Yeah, the problem is precious few film geeks exist and they usually already have the goods.

Unfortunately, none of that stuff is worth all that much. That's an old push-pull 80-200 which isn't near as nice or desireable as the newer AF-D version.

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands I suggest doing a little research to positively identify everything then put it up on eBay with a good description and a $1 starting bid. Hopefully you can stumble into a bidding war between a couple of collectors.