Aspen. Skiing. This weekend.

I need to be in Broomfield next week for some corporate stuff and I figured I better use the company dime to spend a few extra days skiing. My Mountain Collective gets me two free days at Aspen Snowmass. I'll be skiing Saturday and Sunday. No idea which hill, nor where I'm staying.

I'd love to hook and ride with some Mags and even drink a few beers. Any beta on where to stay/ski would also be greatly appreciated.

Word?

Word.

Someone else would have more recent beta than me but for budget lodging we've stayed at the Tyrolean and the St. Moritz. Neither were super cheap but were fine and in Aspen.

We've also stayed in Carbondaleeeeyyyyy at the Days Inn which was nicer but further away.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Someone else would have more recent beta than me but for budget lodging we've stayed at the Tyrolean and the St. Moritz. Neither were super cheap but were fine and in Aspen.

We've also stayed in Carbondaleeeeyyyyy at the Days Inn which was nicer but further away.
    Thank you, sir. Probably looking to stay in Aspen so I can check out the town at night. I will see if the T or St. M get me discounts through the Mtn Collective. Is there a can't miss bar/food joint in town?

Can't remember the handle of the mag who used to have hookup lodging deals, see if you can search for it.

I'd grab at least one drink at the Hotel Jerome.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can't remember the handle of the mag who used to have hookup lodging deals, see if you can search for it.

I'd grab at least one drink at the Hotel Jerome.
    That place is definitely on my list. "We landed on the moon? We landed on the moon!"

Was that lodging deal it's own thread or buried somewhere in the skiing forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I need to be in Broomfield next week for some corporate stuff and I figured I better use the company dime to spend a few extra days skiing. My Mountain Collective gets me two free days at Aspen Snowmass. I'll be skiing Saturday and Sunday. No idea which hill, nor where I'm staying.

I'd love to hook and ride with some Mags and even drink a few beers. Any beta on where to stay/ski would also be greatly appreciated.

Word?

Word.
    Aspen's skiing well on limited terrain.
    The World Cup had the Ruthies side closed and now we have FIS.
    Friday that side will open and it could be really good depending on Wednesday's storm.
    Stay in town and rock your socks off!
    You know the drill. Ski, happy hour, Belly Up, bed cougar on Red Mountain, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Stay in town and rock your socks off!
    You know the drill. Ski, happy hour, Belly Up, bed cougar on Red Mountain, repeat.
    Heh, forgot about that thread. Duly noted.

And good to know on the opening after FIS. I have a knack for causing storms when I leave Bozeman; perhaps I'll bring some with me.

The Googz shows a 4 hour-ish drive down to Broomfield. Am I going to want to blow my brains out after trying to drive down Sunday night?

Have connections on lodging, but it is high end condos, and in snowmass. Hit me up. Can ski sat and sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Have connections on lodging, but it is high end condos, and in snowmass. Hit me up. Can ski sat and sun.
    Excellent. PM comin' in hot.

Stay in town if you can swing it... Not sure how much I'll be out skiing this weekend, but will check back in later this week.

Sunday night will be the worst time to drive down to Denver area...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Heh, forgot about that thread. Duly noted.

And good to know on the opening after FIS. I have a knack for causing storms when I leave Bozeman; perhaps I'll bring some with me.

The Googz shows a 4 hour-ish drive down to Broomfield. Am I going to want to blow my brains out after trying to drive down Sunday night?

If you ski all day and don't leave Aspen till 6ish, you should be ok. I left Aspen yesterday at 2pm for a 7pm flight. 3:30 to DIA with bumper to bumper from I-25 to Pena.
    The construction zone in Idaho Spring wasn't too bad yesterday, but I can see how it could really be a cluster fuck during a Sunday snowstorm.

Is there a can't miss bar/food joint in town?
    Most high end restaurants have bar menus that are very reasonable for the quality of food, you really can't go wrong in this town.
    La Hostria will be jam packed with talent on a Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Stay in town if you can swing it... Not sure how much I'll be out skiing this weekend, but will check back in later this week.

Sunday night will be the worst time to drive down to Denver area...
    Sweet. Might be a mini Mag Summit if we do it right.

I figure that Sunday's drive is just going to suck, no matter the case. I don't have a flight to catch - just need to be back in Broomfield at some point that night.
    If you ski all day and don't leave Aspen till 6ish, you should be ok. I left Aspen yesterday at 2pm for a 7pm flight. 3:30 to DIA with bumper to bumper from I-25 to Pena.
    The construction zone in Idaho Spring wasn't too bad yesterday, but I can see how it could really be a cluster fuck during a Sunday snowstorm.
    That's not bad at all. The Googz is telling me just about 4 hours from Aspen to DIA. I'll most likely stop along the way for dinner or some such. No rush to get back Sunday night.
    Most high end restaurants have bar menus that are very reasonable for the quality of food, you really can't go wrong in this town.
    La Hostria will be jam packed with talent on a Saturday night.
    Nice!

Am I reading the weather correctly? Rain in town and highs of low 40s this weekend?

Am I reading the weather correctly? Rain in town and highs of low 40s this weekend?
    Yeah, this storm was a bust. If this is the only time you can use your MCP days then I'd still go for it. But if you'll be back later in the season, I'd use them then.

Yeah, this storm was a bust. If this is the only time you can use your MCP days then I'd still go for it. But if you'll be back later in the season, I'd use them then.
    I'm pretty locked in at this point. Too many other trips planned and how often do you get the company to pay for the flight and the rental car? Brought the Viciks, so I'll be ready to hit the groomers or anything firm elsewhere. Looking forward to it, never been to Aspen.