Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Star Wars trailer

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I was hoping that the new trailer was going to show Jar Jar Binks being crucified or slowly BBQ'd...maybe beheaded with a spoon or eaten by ants.
    New death star destroys all of Naboo during its test firing? (Followed by beheading the remains, if any) That's too good for him, but it's the only way to be sure.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Not sure what is up with the black stormtrooper and why that would be thrown in without any context. Since all the clones were based on Jango Fet is this some dude that is in disguise. I have been trying to avoid any peeks at the movie so it is not ruined before I see it but with the internet it will be impossible to avoid. I will still probably watch it on opening night . It can't be any worse than the prequals
    later the clones get farmed out to other factories and/or get less training, either to keep costs down or because the Kaminoans(sp) can't produce enough for the war
    this leads to the poor tactics, marksmanship and susceptibility to jedi mind tricks like "these are not the droids you are looking for"
    the fact that i know this scares me but you can finish a Star Wars "novel" in the span of a 2 hour commuter flight
    how else would i know that Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc?
    aargh, i can't stop!
    it's a trap!
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Did you read Darth Plagueis? It was the shit. Any others on that level?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I once was at a new years eve party with harrison ford and I kept calling him hans solo

He didnt seem as thrilled with it as I thought he would?

Psyched for the new movie- return of the jedi was the first movie I saw in the theatre
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I once was at a new years eve party with harrison ford and I kept calling him hans solo

He didnt seem as thrilled with it as I thought he would?
    Because it's Han Solo.

Oh pls just a typo
    skid luxury

The trailer gives me those feelings I used to get when the summer blockbusters were truly blockbusters. The Goonies, E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, All the O.G. Star Wars movies, etc.

Then Independence Day came out and fucked the whole idea of summer blockbuster for me.

Guess that is why they do it at Christmas now.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Luke has gone to the Dark Side!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Luke has gone to the Dark Side!!!
    that's what everyone is saying, i don't see it.

Jar Jar Binks, Sith Lord?!

If you read through this it makes a compelling cases that Jar Jar was meant to be a big reveal in AOTC as manipulating everyone the whole time but Lucas chickened out due to the hate for Jar Jar after TPM.

Would JJ Abrams be ballsy enough to bring this back into the loop?

I don't know if they would, but it's an awesome speculation piece.

I think that nerd needs to go outside a little more; you could make the same argument for most of the ewoks. They're cute cannon fodder (well, Lucas tried with JarJar but Lucas is awful), and people are trying to make depth where there is none. Mistakes and continuity errors are made in movies, especially some of the early, ambitious CGI blockbusters of 1999.

That and I prefer the argument that the Jedi's are just dicks and hate JarJar as much as we do. Throughout ep.1 all they do is use and manipulate him. Zero fucks given if he lives or dies.

Um, no. All you need to do is watch the "Binks Awakens" parody. There is no need for Jar Jar.

I was informed by my brother-in-law I'll be seeing in at Midnight opening day. Hopefully it will be a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I was informed by my brother-in-law I'll be seeing in at Midnight opening day. Hopefully it will be a great movie.

It's official. You are a dork
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Did you read Darth Plagueis? It was the shit. Any others on that level?
    was that for me?
    nope but i will now, thanks
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The international trailer has more footage and dialogue.

Yes!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    was that for me?
    nope but i will now, thanks
    It was a great book...as were most of the other 100 plus EU books I have read and own that Disney and Lucasfilm now say are non-existent. Fuck them.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It was a great book...as were most of the other 100 plus EU books I have read and own that Disney and Lucasfilm now say are non-existent. Fuck them.
    you just reaffirmed most of my assumptions about you
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

When is this movie coming out again? I wish there was more marketing to let me know.

(I'll likely see it opening weekend if I can get a ticket or two).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I think there are a whole lot of people like me who love the Star Wars movies but never geeked out on all the extended universe stuff and thus couldn't care less what color a stormtrooper is under the white armor. Bring on the dark skinned, disaffected and disillusioned stormtrooper, I think that makes a great plot element.

I'm wondering how long it will be before the lines at the theater die down enough to make it worth going to see this without standing around forever and not getting good seats.

So the critics are liking the new movie. 97% rating on RT. What other nerds are going to join me in seeing it this weekend?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/