Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New Star Wars trailer

You know you're a nerd when you get a chub watching a squad of X Wings throwing up spray on a lake...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I'm fired up!

I'm extremely skeptical. Hopeful, but skeptical.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/video...er-controversy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Not sure what is up with the black stormtrooper and why that would be thrown in without any context. Since all the clones were based on Jango Fet is this some dude that is in disguise. I have been trying to avoid any peeks at the movie so it is not ruined before I see it but with the internet it will be impossible to avoid. I will still probably watch it on opening night . It can't be any worse than the prequals
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Not sure what is up with the black stormtrooper and why that would be thrown in without any context. Since all the clones were based on Jango Fet is this some dude that is in disguise.
    Nah...probably just a continuity error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Not sure what is up with the black stormtrooper and why that would be thrown in without any context. Since all the clones were based on Jango Fet is this some dude that is in disguise. I have been trying to avoid any peeks at the movie so it is not ruined before I see it but with the internet it will be impossible to avoid. I will still probably watch it on opening night . It can't be any worse than the prequals
    The Empire had a non-exclusive lease on the Death Star, probably a concession Stormtrooper
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

He's a scab.

Stormtroopers unionized and went on strike. They're demanding a living wage and safer working conditions.

The Empire started a new cloning program when they realized that they were never going to win another galactic March Madness. #whitestormtroopercantjump

I read a supernerd review of the trailer and they were hypothesizing that guy is some rebel and breaking away from the Empire army... so maybe they chose a black dude to drive that point home that he's not Jango Fet? Definitely didn't see it coming though.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

The movie better be way better than the trailer. A black storm trooper in the desert, is he combing it?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I thought it was a nice little homage to episode iv

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The movie better be way better than the trailer. A black storm trooper in the desert, is he combing it?

^^
    "We aint seen shit!!!"

That trailer reeked of J.J. Abrams.

Really hoping there's a smoke monster in the new star wars film. And a hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    One of the funniest moving ever!!
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Yes, that is a funny moving.

The black kid is from the UK flick Attack The Block, which was a really great one actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Ha ha ha!! Well played sir, well played!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

If the new movie doesn't automatically adhere to SW canon, which was never made clear to audiences of any of the movies, does that automatically mean it sucks?

Seems like an awful lot of fucking nerds have an awful lot of rules laid out about how things should be (like the skin color of stormtroopers) that just wouldn't matter to people like me who loved the first three movies for what they were but never totally geeked out on all the arcana and backstory. I mean, all the Stormtroopers are clones? Every single one of them in the entire Empire? Not one black guy anywhere in the galaxy grew up thinking that a career in the Imperial armed forces might lead to a better future?

Since JJ Abrams apparently didn't convene a focus group of Star Wars scholars to ensure everything he did fit within those rules, I'm going to guess he probably doesn't give a shit and just wants to make a fun movie.

So, will this be a movie that people who haven't read every Star Wars comic and seen every episode of the various TV cartoons, and read every book can enjoy? And, does that mean every true fan who understands the rules will hate it?

Sounds like Abrams can't win, unless this thing kills it at the box office in which case no one but other nerds will care what all the nerds have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    If the new movie doesn't automatically adhere to SW canon, which was never made clear to audiences of any of the movies, does that automatically mean it sucks?

Seems like an awful lot of fucking nerds have an awful lot of rules laid out about how things should be (like the skin color of stormtroopers) that just wouldn't matter to people like me who loved the first three movies for what they were but never totally geeked out on all the arcana and backstory. I mean, all the Stormtroopers are clones? Every single one of them in the entire Empire? Not one black guy anywhere in the galaxy grew up thinking that a career in the Imperial armed forces might lead to a better future?

Since JJ Abrams apparently didn't convene a focus group of Star Wars scholars to ensure everything he did fit within those rules, I'm going to guess he probably doesn't give a shit and just wants to make a fun movie.

So, will this be a movie that people who haven't read every Star Wars comic and seen every episode of the various TV cartoons, and read every book can enjoy? And, does that mean every true fan who understands the rules will hate it?

Sounds like Abrams can't win, unless this thing kills it at the box office in which case no one but other nerds will care what all the nerds have to say.
    Well said. I personally thought episodes 1-3 lost the human connect to the empire. 4-6 you believed that there was a person in the ST suit and even though they were evil they were people. That was lost with the clines and droid warriors.

As for as black ST who do you think was flying the tie wing fighters? There were plenty of black suits in the empire.
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

If Luke can sport a suit anyone can!

meh...who wants a trailer when you could have a sweet van

Trailer #2, enjoy

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime