Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It cannot be worst than Episode 1.
    Oh come on now, this was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxrJBNQg4A
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

That wasn't enough to keep it from being the largest cinematic disappointment of the 20th century. A friend of mine was first in line, he showed up at 8 am the day of opening night, I joined him at 1 pm and was 4th. Fuck did we feel like a couple of chumps after the show, I wonder how bad these guys felt.
    "It's like we're watching a movie... and then suddenly we're acting in it."

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    The soccerball is a real puppet. Holy crap. I thought they'd go CGI on that thing and it was going to be jar jar all over again.
    The soccerball is real, however I'd bet the scene in the first trailer where its moving fast across a sandy landscape is CGI. If only there was someone on TGR who could find out for sure .

I'm passing the nerdism down to the next generation by watching S.W. Rebels with my kids. For fans of the Clone Wars cartoons Rebels season 2 should be interesting.

You've got to be kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    The soccerball is real, however I'd bet the scene in the first trailer where its moving fast across a sandy landscape is CGI. If only there was someone on TGR who could find out for sure .
    Agreed. Watched it again, and the head rattles a bit too much for a real puppet. At least it is real for other actors to work with in the non-fast moving action scenes.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by balefulstare View Post
    A friend of mine was first in line, he showed up at 8 am the day of opening night I joined him at 1 pm and was 4th
    The world's worst Star Wars frenzy anecdote?

Some people camped out for weeks in most large cities around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Seriously. I was working at a movie theater when Episode I came out. We had an employees only middle of the night screening the night before my high school AP physics test. I was trying to sleep in the theater while we waited for the courier to show up with the film. He was late and there wasn't enough time to assemble and run the film before our regular opening so it was canceled. I pretty much went into that test on about 2 hours sleep for the hope of seeing the movie.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

It is, but I live in a small town, so there wasn't much hype compared to larger centres. I was meaning we felt ripped off enough only standing in line for a few hours I can't even imagine how mad I would've been if it had been a few days or weeks.
    "It's like we're watching a movie... and then suddenly we're acting in it."

Watch The People Vs George Lucas. The intensity with which the mega fans love/hate George Lucas and the movies is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    If the new movie doesn't automatically adhere to SW canon, which was never made clear to audiences of any of the movies, does that automatically mean it sucks?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post

I'm passing the nerdism down to the next generation by watching S.W. Rebels with my kids. For fans of the Clone Wars cartoons Rebels season 2 should be interesting.
    stoke!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Boing!

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I bet some guy at the office it would suck...I may have to see if I can unwind that bet early to avoid total defeat. That looked rad.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

CAN'T ....... CONTROL ....... UNREALISTIC ......... EXPECTATIONSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

New Star Wars trailer

Quote Originally Posted by mogul5480 View Post
    I bet some guy at the office it would suck...I may have to see if I can unwind that bet early to avoid total defeat. That looked rad.
    Too late. If I was your co-worker I'd have you parading around the office in a Jar Jar Binks costume by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Boing!

I just had a nerd-gasm.

I'm still amazed at how many Brits are involved in this franchise. You'd think Star Wars would be a quintessential American thing, but from the get go the majority of people involved were non-Americans.

Soon

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

That. Looks. Awesome.

Trying g to decide if I want to buy tickets early or not.

JOHN WILLIAMS MUSIC.

That shit goes to 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    That. Looks. Awesome.
    Yup. And the shear amount of money that Disney is throwing at the star wars universe between the Lucasfilm acquisition, cartoons, massive marketing blitz, and billion(s) dollar theme park expansions... and the let down after the prequel trilogy, they cannot afford to fail. They can't afford for this movie to simply be good. It must be a record breaker with a 6 month box office run. It must make us forget that episodes 1-3 ever existed. This is an all in move. Disney has the bankroll (and from their recent movie successes between Marvel, Pixar, and Disney Animation), the right movie team to make this happen, and not fuck this up.

It going to be bananalands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Yup. And the shear amount of money that Disney is throwing at the star wars universe between the Lucasfilm acquisition, cartoons, massive marketing blitz, and billion(s) dollar theme park expansions... and the let down after the prequel trilogy, they cannot afford to fail. They can't afford for this movie to simply be good. It must be a record breaker with a 6 month box office run. It must make us forget that episodes 1-3 ever existed. This is an all in move. Disney has the bankroll (and from their recent movie successes between Marvel, Pixar, and Disney Animation), the right movie team to make this happen, and not fuck this up.
    The hype is so big it's going to have to be the Citizen Kane of Sci-Fi movies to live up to it. If it is - awesome. If it's not - it's still gonna make a fuck ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    The hype is so big it's going to have to be the Citizen Kane of Sci-Fi movies to live up to it. If it is - awesome. If it's not - it's still gonna make a fuck ton of money.
    Episodes 1-3 still grossed at the box office around $3 billion worldwide. As a movie alone, it will be huge, but the question is just how far will it go? I'd guess Disney has around $5-8 billion in expenses lined out for this on the whole, and they're going to want a return on it.

Too bad Colin Trevorrow is on tap for Episode 9....

And Luke Skywalker = Kylo Ren is breaking the interwebs today.

I was hoping that the new trailer was going to show Jar Jar Binks being crucified or slowly BBQ'd...maybe beheaded with a spoon or eaten by ants.

However the film looks like it's going to be spectacular...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........