Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nice work. The OP's problem is now solved.

Miracles. Lots of miracles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1417474195.901982.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	160957

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Miracles. Lots of miracles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1417474195.901982.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	160957
    +1

or the usual stomping grounds for interdorks that like to work from a laptop and play outside, a lot

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
    https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com
    http://www.cj.com/
    http://marketing.rakuten.com/affiliate-marketing

..if I can do it, you can surely do it to..

Drive a truck obviously.

How do you live on the road and make money?

Edited: I missed the part about computers, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe Bromide View Post
    "Fatty veggie burritos!!"
    I thought everyone knew that this was just a front for selling drugs in the parking lot which is what I would suggest: sell drugs. Lots of demand for them in ski towns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_crime

There you go. Plus, not having a fixed address is an advantage with this career.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_crime

There you go. Plus, not having a fixed address is an advantage with this career.
    Specifically with the great writing skills it might be with getting into this : http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...ainst-you-too/

google for "USA food bank locations" and incorporate them into your travel plans.

work where you want to go?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

build on what you have done,

wait a bit for all the new promaster, transit vans to hash out etc, buy one slightly used, kit it out very simply but very tight.

optimize the transient dynamic nature of the culinary world and capitalize on durable, proven decades of trench warfare that is being a good cook.

in short, drive around, meet awesome people, do great work, kill it and be happy(content)

As said before, IT skills are probably the easiest to find quality work that you can do from home. But if you don't already have the skills or don't want to put in a lot of effort to learn, it's probably one of those careers that'll make you want to jump off a bridge.

I'm 27, I currently work from home doing consulting work for software/web development. It pays pretty well and it's very easy to find work if you are good and network a bit. I'm turning down a lot of jobs just because I want to continue working from home and skiing every day haha. It's a very good market right now and there are tools all over the internet for free if you have an interest in it. I almost enjoy programming as much as I enjoy skiing. It took 3-4 years of work, lots of friday/saturday nights watching youtube video tutorials instead of going out, but it's definitely paid off.

^^^awesome
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

short term
    hit the thrifts, consignment, craigslist
    ebay
    smart phone
    I did it back in the day
    nuff said
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Got lots of Itinerent types up north which is a minor crisis for the established smart educated women who can make money with the LT writing or being some kind of ologist/ nurse/ teacher because the bio clock is ticking BUT all they got for men is the itinerant (dare I say dirt bag?) tree planter/fish guide/ skier / carpenter which is different than what they were used to in the city where they learned all them smarts SO ... settle for something different eh

Quote from my writer bud " Catching a man up here is like catching a steelhead, it takes a lot of time, special gear and in the end all yer left with is a good story"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If you want a good paying seasonal job, look in to writing catastrophe claims for insurance companies. Hail, wind, tornados, and hurricanes. If you're willing to travel to some shitty towns during the spring and summer, you can typically take the winters off and do whatever you like.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

buy a gun, you've probably already got a ski mask. there's plenty of 7-11s around the country.

worst case situation you get housing for free for a 18 months or so.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

I've been wondering for a while what could be a good trade to find work in Europe. Maybe cooking? Seems like they have such a population they don't need much of anything, but I've always wanted to go for a few years and work all over the alps, maybe Amsterdam too, cruisin on a bike in the summer.

^^ My sis moved to Germany last year and got a job teaching; she said there is a high demand for native English speakers.

Dude... I do have programming skils and work in IT. I could work on the road if I wanted to, but I opt out of it and go to the office every day. The thing is, sitting alone, with noone around you, somewhere you don't know a lot of people, isn't glamours at all. And depending on what skill level we are talking here.. If it isn't rock bottom, you will need to interact with other people, a lot. You will have skype meetings, IRC chats, discussions etc. That means you will sit in your apartment, car, caravan or what ever you choose the whole frigging day anyway, in front of that computer and not out skiing. There are exceptions to this, but you wont ski anywhere near as much as you hope you could. If you can scale down to working just 50% Then you would be good. But most of the time, they want you for 135% or more in the tech industry.

So given the premises, you will have more fun working in the office if you negotiate a flexible work schedule. I have an agreement that I hit the road if the forcast say POW.. I know a lot of others who have similar arrangements as well.
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 12-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Man-whore...

...contact Fabrizio.

met a couple from Colorado in rogers pass on their way to stay in AK and later coming back thru the northern BC, they were managing their travel web site on-line

altho buddy told us he had the big camper/turbo diesel they were living very cheaply while traveling in a 91 toyota corrolla wagon
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    The thing is, sitting alone, with noone around you, somewhere you don't know a lot of people, isn't glamours at all. And depending on what skill level we are talking here.. If it isn't rock bottom, you will need to interact with other people, a lot. You will have skype meetings, IRC chats, discussions etc. That means you will sit in your apartment, car, caravan or what ever you choose the whole frigging day anyway, in front of that computer and not out skiing. There are exceptions to this, but you wont ski anywhere near as much as you hope you could. If you can scale down to working just 50% Then you would be good. But most of the time, they want you for 135% or more in the tech industry.
    This. Is. True.

You can make it work a little better than this sounds but, expectations vs. reality often have a large gap; like Mom.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Long-haul trucking sounds like a good gig- you get to learn sweet CB lingo, do shitloads of meth, and murder prostitutes. Who would even need skiing?