Moment Exit World mounting point

Hey I just picked up a pair of 190 Moment Exit Worlds for a dedicated touring setup. All my other skis are mounted true centre (Surface New Lifes and One Lifes) and I really enjoy how quick they are in the trees and how well they ski switch. I have been skiing for about 20 years and would consider myself advanced/expert. I enjoy spinning off cliffs and doing the odd switch line, so i would like to mount them as far forward as possible without losing too much.

I believe the recommended line is 6cm back from true centre and I was thinking of mounting them a few cms forward of that. What are your opinions on that?

i like -7, but mount all my moments back -1 except for governors. switched to a new touring boot this season (went from a 330bsl to a 314bsl) so i think that puts me at -5.5. floated well in dense snow, but it felt weird and might remount. swing weight is light and they were great in trees for me at -7. never skied them switch in pow, nor would i consider it because of the shape/profile. seems to me that the ew is more of a directional ski with turned up/rockered tail.

Ill still have my One Lifes as a slackcountry/fucking around type setup, so skiing switch on the exit worlds isnt at the top of my priorities.. I more worried about moving to a further back mount coming from all my other skis being true centre. Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    i like -7, but mount all my moments back -1 except for governors. switched to a new touring boot this season (went from a 330bsl to a 314bsl) so i think that puts me at -5.5. floated well in dense snow, but it felt weird and might remount. swing weight is light and they were great in trees for me at -7. never skied them switch in pow, nor would i consider it because of the shape/profile. seems to me that the ew is more of a directional ski with turned up/rockered tail.
    a change in bsl from 330 to 314 mm would move you forward 1/2 of the change in bsl.
    So for your change of 16 mm, your boot center would have moved forward 8 mm, or 0.8 cm.

maybe ramp angle changed with the new boot as well, making you feel farther forward than the change in bsl might indicate, or even forward lean (fwd lean probably a more likely difference than ramp).
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    a change in bsl from 330 to 314 mm would move you forward 1/2 of the change in bsl.
    So for your change of 16 mm, your boot center would have moved forward 8 mm, or 0.8 cm.

maybe ramp angle changed with the new boot as well, making you feel farther forward than the change in bsl might indicate, or even forward lean (fwd lean probably a more likely difference than ramp).
    Oops. So about a cm. changed from Cochise 130s to vulcans. So perhaps it is the boot. I like the fwd lean of the Vulcan, feels similar to my alpine boot rx130s. Maybe it's the ramp angle. Am going wait before remounting.

It's a great ski. Pretty versatile. The op will be stoked. Hope he's mounting them with tech bindings.