Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 14-15

Mammoth 14-15

Purchased my Cali4ornication pass, and wondered what was up with Mammoth and June. I didn't see another thread title, and am new to the CA ski area. Clue a JONG in.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

This Californee thread has a wealth of info on SoCal skiing (among other things), and we've started to focus a bit more on page 6 on Mammoth. But a dedicated Mammoth thread is good, too.

Mammoth's webpage says Stump Alley Express, Stump Alley, Mambo and Forest Trail will open beginning Wednesday, with an additional terrain park. OpenSnow makes me cautiously optimistic for early next week being decent??

I'll be up there trying not to hit anyone on groomers this coming Fri, Sat, Sun. PM me or email ggosey AT gmail DOT com if you're looking for somebody to ride the lift with. Will probably be sleeping in my car (money is tighter than... well... some terrible sexual reference), but will hopefully get to Bishop again if I ever get paid...

See y'all up there!
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Snowmakers did a good job last night with Saddlebowl and Mambo.
    Soft trail edges, but mas personas had us shopping by 1.
    Wind is heavy, but no snow yet. wtf.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

There's no official eastern sierra thread on here yet like last year? Or can I just not find it?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There's no official eastern sierra thread on here yet like last year? Or can I just not find it?
    Not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Not yet.
    I think you are in it. I was going to wait till after this storm and start one if there still wasn't one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenKnee View Post
    I think you are in it. I was going to wait till after this storm and start one if there still wasn't one yet.
    In the past someone has usually started it with some BC photos, once the coverage was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I can`t find one either ? Would be nice to have a Eastern Sierra specific thread/cams/weather etc.

Someone should start one, then. I'm only there a few times per year (including the end of next week) so not really my place. Mammoth appears to be in much better shape than Tahoe at this point thanks to elevation, and the mid week storm is projecting to be even bigger there than further north.

I sure hope so, just gives me more motivation to rehab my bum knee.

Gloopy base bondage going on last night- with more in store.

Ahh here's the Mammoth thread. Anyone from SD want to carpool up this weekend, Thursday PM or Friday midday?

I will be there this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday if anybody is about.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Mammoth was looking mighty fine on the resort cams this afternoon. Wish I wasn't broke as a joke so I could head up there.

Not sure if anyone knows or cares but the hill is giving a free breakfast Saturday to pass holders "earlyups". Lifts spin a hour early/breakfast till 10am usually at McCoy Station.

No mixing Mammoth and Southern Sierra b.c. threads again please. It's just wrong.

Any beta on conditions between June Lake and Twin Lakes? Anything worth a 2 hour drive? I feel like some early-season meadow skipping this weekend.

This coming Thur - Sat could be $$!

Maybe I will finally luck out, after getting skunked last season. Anti Jinx!!! There Thursday thru ?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

@AKbruin. As of Friday nothing looked rideable. Someone did put some turns down red peak at Virginia lakes but it was dirty. Maybe this next storm but it's thin around mammoth-bridgeport

Probably get out of LA around 3pm on Thursday...head back around 2 on Sunday.

Barnballs, we will look for you this weekend
    Maybe BBQ in lot 10 Sunday if the weather is nice.
    Mammoth Mountaineering is having a book signing Saturday night at 7 pm for the Sierra Backcountry 2nd edition. Rafters at 10 pm for some reggae music.
    Going to be a fun weekend.

Got out on Saturday expecting to do 1 or 2 runs, but ending up doing laps up top. Super fun, but there were sharks lurking for sure. Should be much better with some storms this week and looks like possible storms the following week.

Worked the touring legs for some exercise on Sunday not really expecting to ride much, but was able to find a few pockets to tool around on.

Great pictures^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    @AKbruin. As of Friday nothing looked rideable. Someone did put some turns down red peak at Virginia lakes but it was dirty. Maybe this next storm but it's thin around mammoth-bridgeport
    Thanks. Looking at Mammoth's coverage, I opted to stay in Tahoe. I'm hoping this coming storm sets everything up.

Nice pics, highanxiety. Keep 'em coming. For god's sake, someone start a Eastside BC thread already . . . .