Mt. Ashland launches Crowdfunding Campaign for the Next 50 Years

Mt. Ashland is bouncing back from last season's lack of snow with a rebranding and just launched a Crowdfunding Campaign.

The Next 50 Years of Mt. Ashland

rebranding will fix the climate issue?

Can I pay by credit card?

I didn't see the part about summer bike park to further augment winter income.......must have missed it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Looks like a cool little area. 1,000 vertical.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Hey hey MRA, look into Maverick Mountain.

Right inside your Wheelhouse.

http://www.century21bigsky.com/real-...ana-59725.html
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Mt. Ashland was featured on Medford's Newswatch 12 this evening. We trust the maggots will enjoy this one.

Steep ass little ski hill, looked like a lot of fun when I visited in the summer. Wish them luck going forward.

Benny inquiring about board members salaries in 3 2 1
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Hey hey MRA, look into Maverick Mountain.

Right inside your Wheelhouse.

http://www.century21bigsky.com/real-...ana-59725.html
    I actually skied Maverick and meet with the owner a few seasons ago. The place was cool, funky with brown shag carpet on the ceiling and had a great vibe.

The biggest challenge is the lack of population base close by. With such a low purchase price, a membership-type ownership could be an excellent fit, targeted at Dillon and maybe some Butte residents.

Requesting Maggot Love

The crowdfunding campaign has raised about $10 Grand with 5 days left.

All of the money raised will be used for guest improvements, a live concert series and bringing more events to the community ski hill.

The non-profit owned ski area is bouncing back from a rough season where they were unable to open due to lack of snow. As a result, they received a $742,000 Emergency Drought Relief Loan from the SBA to stay in business. The lifts haven't spun in 20 months and it just started snowing an hour ago.

The Next 50 Years of Mt. Ashland

Ashland and HooDoo are likely doomed by the warming climate. 2100 is when recreational skiing worldwide is supposed to disappear and these small, lower altitude areas are the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Benny inquiring about board members salaries in 3 2 1
    Come to think of it, how much of that taxpayer funded SBA "loan" was doled out as administrative salaries? Just wondering. I mean, you gotta make a living, right?

There's some dudes in Vermont that will give you 3000 bucks for a t shirt, no questions asked. Make them tall tees.

Southern Oregon is my Alma Mater. When I was there the snow was always deep but I swam and played tennis. Gene Landsman was a very good friend of mine. The mountain is just mourning its loss of Gene. He was a great skier and ambassador for the sport.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Southern Oregon is my Alma Mater
    impressive

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Southern Oregon is my Alma Mater. When I was there the snow was always deep but I swam and played tennis. Gene Landsman was a very good friend of mine. The mountain is just mourning its loss of Gene. He was a great skier and ambassador for the sport.
    I knew Gene. Great guy. Raced w/ a few Ashland skiers @ the college level. Mmmmmm the bowl.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    i skied one time in my life and it was at mt. ashland. i was maybe 20 and me and my buddy rode our motorcycles up to the mountain on snow and rented skis and rode the lift and came down. there was nothing that wasn't inappropriate about us.

Ashland is a cool little hill. Have skied it many times, I believe my first time was way back in the early 80's. Last time was in 2006. The bowl can be fuckin epic midweek after a big dump. It is smaller than that pic makes it look though. Hope they can get enough snow to open this year, as well as Shasta. I hope the INW can get some fucking snow this year!

It's been rough for all the little resorts the last few years. I support those local hills as a paying customer and hope to do so this winter.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post

What kind of coverage do they have in that pic? Fat year end of season, mid season normal levels?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    What kind of coverage do they have in that pic? Fat year end of season, mid season normal levels?
    That is a high tide photo. It's probably only 200 feet high though. It's a great feature on such a small mountain. I had a pass there for four years from 97-01 and it dumped. I really hope they make it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bowl.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	161393

Here's what the Bowl looked liked today with 19 inches at the mid-mountain snow stake

Name:	Bowl 2_1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	161416

Name:	Bowl 12.13.14_1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	161417