intuition liner problem

Wife's power wraps have a bit of a problem. A small area down by the ankle has loose fabric, It seems that the fabric should be adhered to the foam, but has de-laminated.
    Anybody ever fix this?
    Thinking duct tape, or glue-on fabric won't last down there.

Call Intuition, they might have an 'official' solution. I've had great customer service speaking directly with employees at Intuition on the phone. They answered all sorts of techy questions with patience and detail.

As for a ghetto fix; I've had the same problem over the years with long term use intuitions (9 seasons on one pair) where over the years the fabric would slowly delaminate from the foam. For me, holes formed at the heel, causing ridges that caused blisters. I simply carefully cut the fabric of the entire heel section out and heel/sock on foam directly worked fine for the next few years of use. Probably pretty dependant on foot shape and sizing correctness to get away with this 'fix' without causing other issues though.

Buy new ones. Sorry, that's the best solution I could figure out. Maybe cut the loose fabric out and somehow attach a slippery fabric patch.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

If it's small, stays small, and doesn't bother her, don't worry about it. Keep an eye on it. I have at least 300 days on mine and there are areas of loose fabric, but it's no issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    If it's small, stays small, and doesn't bother her, don't worry about it. Keep an eye on it. I have at least 300 days on mine and there are areas of loose fabric, but it's no issue at all.
    Definitely gonna cause problems once it snows around here. OK for lift serve with the boot cranked.

Thinking of thinning some aquaseal or goop, and trying to impregnate the fabric so it sticks to the foam. Need to figure out a thinner. Used to use cotol.

I'll also check with intuition, but with >100 days.....

I got that delam in all my Intuition liners. And after the delam, the fabric eventually just wore away and I had Intuition rubber against sock around my heels.

I thought that was normal after consistent use.
    Life is not lift served.

Lots of delamination on mine. I never notice it while skiing, so just ignore it.

ignore it until bothers your foot get new ones if it does
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hhtele View Post
    Thinking of thinning some aquaseal or goop, and trying to impregnate the fabric so it sticks to the foam. Need to figure out a thinner. Used to use cotol..
    Aquaseal makes a thinned down version that really soaks in. They market it under a couple names. "seam seal" and "seam grip" are the two I have used. With that said, I always just cut the loose fabric out when it delams. Similar to neck beard, it happens to all my intuitions. I find that if I let it wear away, it rolls up and causes a hot spot, so I get in there with an exacto knife and cut the loose stuff out. Then my heel wears a hole in the intuition rubber. Gives me another 50-75 days.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    there you go rog, good advice that is relevant.
    jed, you get your feet trained for your upcoming season at Alpental,
    no sore tootsies like last time with a good fit, right rog.
    Yea.. Stiff tongue and new intuitions have caused me no more pain.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I thought my old pro tours came with some little fabric stickers that I assumed were wear patches to cover up exactly what you're describing.

Maybe they can send you some of those?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season