New Intuition Liner. Should I keep? (Regarding sizing up & the heat blower method)

With the blower heat molding method at my local Sports Chalet, will my size 10 Power Wrap + (despite feeling loose right now) expand enough in my size 9.5 Thraxis Snowboard boot, to fit my size 9 foot?

Here's my situation:

I realize i should've gotten a size 9 instead of my size 9.5 K2 thraxis snowboard boot since it feels packed out after only 10 days last season. I usually wear size 9 shoes.

My solution is to order a pair of Intuition Power Wrap + Liners in size 10 (because from what I've researched, you can go up a size to acquire more liner material to really fill up extra volume).

I try putting the liner into the boot shell right off the bat and noticed that this is very, very difficult to do (it did go in eventually though) because the Thraxis has a ankle strap controlled by a boa coil. You really can't pry open the shell very much.

Point is: There's no way i can do the oven baking method; I need to mold it with the liner already in the shell.

I put on the boots just to see how they feel before molding and ...... it definitely feels very loose overall even after cranking down the boas (to reiterate, i wear a 9 usually, boot shell is 9.5, it's a Powewrap + in size 10)

I should also mention that this particular boot shell is very roomy (in contrast, for example, to burton boots) and I'm one of those guys with the tiny narrow ankles (had to use really thick j bars in the past).

So....

I really wanted to oven mold this thing because i heard that's the best way. Since i can't do that, the next best option seems to be the Blower heat method at my local Sports Chalet.

Is this going to do the job?

BTW, I was glancing through this thread: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...tuition-liners
    When i noticed:

"It's easier to fit feet correctly in the blower-style heater. That heater does not deform the liner (cooking in the oven flattens the liner and then reinserting the liner in the boot usually deforms the liner). There is also more expansion of the foam since the liner isn't flattened as in the oven."

You will die.
    watch out for snakes

you bought the wrong size bro. too big. try buying the correct size boot to begin with.

"I bought the black vagina blow up doll and my white dick flops around. Can I use two rubbers to make it tight?"
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^^ Vt-F wins TGR for today.

what FT said.

a 9 shoe might even fit in a 8ish SB boot. your boots are too big, spend money on buying the right boot.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hat-boots-quot
    and
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...47#post2056447

Hey VT-f, if you watch late night TV or check your email spam folder all sorts of solutions available so you won't have to buy another blow up vjj.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
    I put on the boots just to see how they feel before molding and ...... it definitely feels very loose overall even after cranking down the boas (to reiterate, i wear a 9 usually, boot shell is 9.5, it's a Powewrap + in size 10)
    Get the correct size shells. Or at least sell the liners while they're still new and get much thicker ones. Heating DOES NOT increase Intuition liner thickness (except a bit while still hot); it actually shrinks the foam a little every time you mold them. (They get thinner and more dense.) If a size 10 isn't high enough volume for your shells prior to molding, they'll be even more loose after. A size 9 liner will be even worse.

Intuition has some extremely thick versions, give them a call. Getting the correct size shell is really the way to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Hey VT-f, if you watch late night TV or check your email spam folder all sorts of solutions available so you won't have to buy another blow up vjj.
    You really are slow and fat, I was using quotation marks for sarcasm, must have gone over your head. dumbfuck.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

There it is.

Got a good deal on last seasons Driver X in size 9 today.

The reason i got a 9.5 in the first place was because i use to have a Burton Ion in size 9 and had a weird issue where my right foot was hitting the front, but my left foot wasn't. Today, i tried putting my 9.5 thraxis liner into the size 9 driver x this actually seemed to free my right foot toes more hitting the front. .

Gonna sell the Thraxis. If anyone want's it and lives near the LA area, let me know.

I'm also thinkin of selling the Powerwrap + too. I tried putting the it into the Driver X. It got in there but that toe area feels all scrunched up from the sizing discrepancy. The cool thing with the Driver X is that it actually can open up enough for me to do the oven bake molding method.

9 shoe IS an 8 boot. If you disagree you want comfort. Your mom buys boots for comfort not for a quick responsive ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

I don't see how i can go even further down in size without my toe getting more scrunched in the front.

I can use the downsizing in every other area of my foot though.

Well, you have a boot that's too big and doesn't fit your foot, plus a liner that's too big, but doesn't fit the boot. Excellent. OTOH, wonder how many of these guys actually have a Powerwrap. Consider that 1) The "volume" Intuition refers to is not internal volume but foam thickness. So a "low volume" liner means thin foam, good for tight fit racing boots, unimportant for yours. The Powerwrap + is high volume, so lots of foam. 2) Intuition advises going a half size over boot size. 3) If you heat it uniformly, the excess foam will move to where it's needed, and away from where it's not. So in your case, the excess should expand to fill up the boot around the ankle. 4) This is a snowboard boot, not noted anyway for having a precise, close fit.

Conclusion: It'll work, for a while. The Powerwrap + has the maximum thickness of foam, and is fairly dense. Once it packs out, it'll be sloppy, but the higher density foam they use in the PW's will take a season or two for that to happen. By then you can get a boot that fits and start over. Don't go back to Sports Chalet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
    I don't see how i can go even further down in size without my toe getting more scrunched in the front.

I can use the downsizing in every other area of my foot though.
    I know fuckall about snowboard boots but with ski boots you would have bought the rong boot for your foot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know