Size and Where to Find Dynafit Metal Insert Screws (Boot Heel)

I seem to have lost the small screws that go into the metal boot heel insert on my Dynafit Titan Ultralight AT soles. The screws seem to be much smaller than the screws to attach the sole blocks.

Does anybody know what size these screws are? If feasible, I'd prefer to go to a hardware store and just get some replacements rather than wait weeks figuring out how to get them directly from Dynafit. There are no retailers near me. See pics below for a visual:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416606861.706083.jpg 
Views:	899 
Size:	704.8 KB 
ID:	160664

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416606891.512575.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	761.1 KB 
ID:	160665

You can always do this...probably cheaper than trying to find the factory screw and will make a stronger connection.

https://www.wildsnow.com/9877/tech-f...-bolt-through/

I recently made the mistake of going to autoparts store chain with decent hardware aisle, and then homedepot, before ultimately finding what i needed at an ace hardware. They have a complete fastener selection.

I ended up needing allen head tapered head M5x.8 12 long. SS was an option as well and it spared an online retailer a whiny e-bitching.

Thanks Todd. Is that the size you used for the metal insert piece in the heels?

It's not clear to me if that is the size screw you needed for the metal insert in your Dynafit boots or if you needed that size for some other application.

Todd's suggestion of a machine bolt must be for a thru-bolt fix a la Lou because the stock screw is a tapered sheet metal/wood type thread. 5mm x 0.8 is very close to a 10-32*, which is what Lou used, but note that Lou suggested that an 8-32 would work fine.

*A 10-32 bolt threads into a 5x0.8mm nut but not vice versa because the 5M is slightly larger, although the difference is immaterial for this application.

Sorry i was referring to a scarpa application and only how ace hardware is your best local source if there is one around. Big steves got ya covered on the specifics sounds like.

Thanks for clarifying guys! Ace was where I was planning to go.

If you don't find them shoot me a pm. Pretty sure I've got some kicking around.

It's going to be a wood or sheet metal flathead screw like Big Steve said. I would go to an Ace hardware and try a few screws seeking one that threads into the existing plastic threads with almost no effort. FWIW I pulled the screw from a different model Dynafit boot and it is pretty close to a #8 screw diameter and 5/8" long. No guarantees this is true of yours. (However I think they are probably close to the same size since the head diameter is constrained by the heel fitting.)

I had a similar screw fall out of my Dalbello Virus. Re-installed the original screw with gorilla glue two years ago and have had no troubles since.