Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby?????

Someone from the huckstables will sink his ship
    Lisa bonet as previously mentioned - Theo or rudi
    His own TV family will out him
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Not according to Big Steve, the media is judge, jury and executioner.
    So, where did I suggest that he be lynched or executed by other means? Be specific. Or retract your manifestly false attribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    So, you're suggesting it's plausible that 16 wholly unconnected women formed a conspiracy to tell lies over a 10-year period?
    I can see it now. "You too? And you? And you? And you? And you've all been keeping quiet too because you were afraid, ashamed, etc? Right, now that we have some solidarity and strength, let's agree to stay silent."

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    If more people decide that based on his own admissions, Roman Polanski is a creep with rapey tendencies, that conclusion can be independent of actual criminal conviction and still be valid. The victim in that case has made it clear she didn't want to testify.

It's part of the deal of being in a highly visible public career rather than being some creepy janitor.

The lynch mob mentality is distasteful for sure, but let's not overlook the fact that powerful famous people have huge PR resources that can win in that court of public opinion in ways not allowable in a court of law. Certainly appears that over the decades, Cosby lawyers and PR flacks were mostly successful at suppressing the evidence. So if he goes down in flames now, he can console himself with that.

Personally it doesn't bother me too much that the court of public opinion decided OJ is a murderer. I'm a civil libertarian and wouldn't want him to serve jail time based on that pseudo conviction, but if it killed off his celebrity career I'm ok with that.
    When "Venus in fur" came to the theatre some people said they boycotted cuz it was shot by Roman Polanski and some people went because it was shot by Roman Polanski but overall it seemed like a pretty good turnout for a sunday night alt cinema
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    So, where did I suggest that he be lynched or executed by other means? Be specific. Or retract your manifestly false attribution.
    It's called hyperbole, look it up.

Geez, you are starting to sound like ilikecandy...are you an ilc alias?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

humans vary in their tolerance for the misbehavior of others, and by "tolerance" I mean that some people can look at Polanski, realize he's creepy with his child-inclinations, not want to be his pal, not want him to meet their daughter, while still being able to watch and even appreciate Polanski's movies. others will find it impossible to separate the pedophilia and the art, maybe because they feel that if they like or approve of the art, they are somehow approving of the pedophilia? it's a lot like the Clinton / Lewinski / definition of "is" clusterfuck that arose back in the era when the White House felt our pain.

I guess I simply fell for the soft, plushy harmless and father-like persona of the pudding-pop commercials and his occasional appearance on Sesame Street and the Electric Company back when I was a kid. I never knew the 'somewhat 'raunchy' comic from his younger days.

Maybe one of his date rapes from his younger years will come forward and verify that she was 17 at the time....then he could be indicted for child rape...he would have much less defense against THAT allegation, as it would then become a "High Crime against a child' and thus much harder to defend against. The " He said/She said" defense simply doesn't work as well in child-rape cases, and the defendant often does hard time no matter how much money they have. But still, we talking Bill Cosby, here..America's Father...I have a hard time thinking a jury would convict based only upon accusation with no physical evidence. Joe Smoe...yes. But not with his money and fame.

If he really DID all those alleged 'date-rapes' he deserves to get his nuts gnawed off by Big Bird!!
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

For the umpteenth time, he's not going to be criminally prosecuted for alleged crimes occurring more than a decade ago. This IS about public opinion, NOT about criminal convictions NOR about civil liability. Again, if these women wanted to extract money from Coz, they would have sued him long ago, before the SOLs ran. Duh.

The Coz supporters on this thread remind me of the Lance Armstrong True Believer Club.

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/femi...bMGYw.facebook

a good take on "toxic stardom" by Linden Macintyre the highly regarded very good, very soon to retire (coincidence eh?) host of the 5th estate a highly regarded show doing investigative journalism in Canada ... thats the country to the north eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Here's the thing, it's not out of the ordinary for a famous man to get accused of this a few times and there is reason to be skeptical because people are opportunistic especially when desperate... but when the rape allegations are flooding in left and right (along with other creepy stories that didn't include rape) it's pretty damn obvious what the truth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    At UCSB, I had the displeasure of talking to a drunk and honest rapist about some exploits and what mtngirl describes is consistent with what I heard that night. There was a deep narcissism and sociopathic quality to it, along with hatred of women. I was perversely interested about what causes this condition and apparently his drunk dad beat his subservient mom, who was basically disassociated from life and left him and his brothers to raise themselves. If I had not identified him as a victim of his dad's cruelty as well I would have had a hard time not kicking his ass to the curb and fucking up his pretty face something horrible that night because he made me quite angry and I was drunk as well, and it was late and pretty much no one there knew who I was.

Conclusion: Cosby is a sick person and likely had some bad shit go down on him. No excuse, just the human condition. People that act fucked up were fucked up themselves at some point or have chemical problems. Nobody that is happy does bad shoot like rape.
    Interesting thread. Interesting post here. Made me think of a study cited in a Rolling Stone piece I read yesterday about my alma mater. Getting a lot of attention with [social media] calls for various solutions focused on the greek system, college life, and humanity in general.

"Once successfully inside the frat house, women play the role of grateful guests in unfamiliar territory where men control the variables. In dark, loud basements, girls accept drinks, are pulled onto dance floors to be ground and groped and, later, often having lost sight of their friends, led into bathrooms or up the stairs for privacy. Most of that hooking up is consensual. But against that backdrop, as psychologist David Lisak discovered, lurk undetected predators. Lisak's 2002 groundbreaking study of more than 1,800 college men found that roughly nine out of 10 rapes are committed by serial offenders, who are responsible for an astonishing average of six rapes each. None of the offenders in Lisak's study had ever been reported. Lisak's findings upended general presumptions about campus sexual assault: It implied that most incidents are not bumbling, he-said-she-said miscommunications, but rather deliberate crimes by serial sex offenders.

In his study, Lisak's subjects described the ways in which they used the camouflage of college as fruitful rape-hunting grounds. They told Lisak they target freshmen for being the most naïve and the least-experienced drinkers. One offender described how his party-hearty friends would help incapacitate his victims: "We always had some kind of punch. . . . We'd make it with a real sweet juice. It was really powerful stuff. The girls wouldn't know what hit them." Presumably, the friends mixing the drinks did so without realizing the offender's plot, just as when they probably high-fived him the next morning, they didn't realize the behavior they'd just endorsed. That's because the serial rapist's behavior can look ordinary at college. "They're not acting in a vacuum," observes Lisak of predators. "They're echoing that message and that culture that's around them: the objectification and degradation of women."

Cut and pasted from this article: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ampus-20141119

Counting both women in this story: http://gawker.com/never-tell-anyone-...-ow-1662102402 ...the count is up to 21 accusers.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Someone from the huckstables will sink his ship
    Lisa bonet as previously mentioned - Theo or rudi
    His own TV family will out him
    Billcosby Bukowski-The Most Fuckable Huxtable
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f12...ukowski-part-2

For everyone saying they won't judge him until he's been proven guilty in a court of law, acting self-righteous on tgr is kind of an oxymoron. When 16 women come out and say they've been raped by someone, its pretty easy to decide he's a scumbag.

Some think it's a terrible thing to judge Coz, but it's perfectly fine to judge 21 women as lying fraudulent co-conspirators.

You know who you are.

Might be 20 currently, not sure. They need some sort of electric billboard counter in Times Square.

Had the (mis)fortune of being interviewed by Cosby on a local TV station several years ago and he was one creepy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Billcosby Bukowski-The Most Fuckable Huxtable
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f12...ukowski-part-2
    Holy shit, I was crackin up just at the name...Billcosby Bukowski...that's priceless.

Less then 40% of rapes get reported. Imagine how many more victims haven't, or won't, come forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

The "complete" list above is 13 as of yesterday. Haven't seen any additional ones ...yet. Most claim some form of assault. Not rape.

A betting man might say it will go to 24 maybe more.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The "complete" list above is 13 as of yesterday. Haven't seen any additional ones ...yet. Most claim some form of assault. Not rape.
    Could you please tell me your interpretation of the difference between sexual assault and rape?
    get paid

Bill Cosby?????

Both are bad; one is worse. How's that? If you need an example from this situation, one women claims he put her hand on his junk. I'm pretty sure that is not rape.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Both are bad; one is worse. How's that? If you need an example from this situation, one women claims he put her hand on his junk. I'm pretty sure that is not rape.
    Works for me, but It seems most have been drugged and raped; waking up in bed naked not able to recall what had happened. Pretty sure he wasn't just diddling their privates.
    get paid