Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Bill Cosby?????

I'm staying out of this until I hear Chappelle's response. That will be my beacon.

While we're waiting let's enjoy this,

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

the average man or woman doesnt really want to hear the legal opinion of an actual lawyer

they want to make up something that they FEEL should be the real answer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I'm staying out of this until I hear Chappelle's response. That will be my beacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    While we're waiting let's enjoy this,

Posts of the day.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    As it should be. Hoping it's as good as his take on Michael Richards.

You mean Denise Richards?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

In Cosby's trial, he was accused of raping one single victim. However, the court allowed the prosecutor to have five other victims testify because they believed the patterns in those other instances matched and it was his "signature crime." Some of the judges on the previous appeal disagreed with this because, unlike these other victims, Cosby dated the single charged victim for over a year, had met her mom, and she continued to meet and speak to Cosby even after the crime (she was also illegally recording him in what the prosecutor believed was an attempt to bolster her civil case against him).
    Rape victims often maintain a relationship with their attacker, especially when they developed that relationship prior to the attack.

Thats super normal in this situation.

I agree it is not unusual. But the prior DA seems to disagree. From the PA Supreme Court ruling, summarizing the prior DA's reasons for not charging Cosby:

"As evidenced by the number of telephone calls that she recorded, Constand continued to talk with Cosby on the phone, and she also continued to meet with him in person after the incident. D.A. Castor found these recurring interactions between a complainant and an alleged perpetrator to be atypical."

Side note, Castor (the DA who did not charge) was one of Trump's impeachment defense attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I agree it is not unusual. But the prior DA seems to disagree. From the PA Supreme Court ruling, summarizing the prior DA's reasons for not charging Cosby:

"As evidenced by the number of telephone calls that she recorded, Constand continued to talk with Cosby on the phone, and she also continued to meet with him in person after the incident. D.A. Castor found these recurring interactions between a complainant and an alleged perpetrator to be atypical."

Side note, Castor (the DA who did not charge) was one of Trump's impeachment defense attorneys.
    Prosecutors are experts on the law, not rape victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You mean Denise Richards?
    The 20/80 hypothesis:

A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Prosecutors are experts on the law, not rape victims.
    If you saw Castor's incoherent, Benny-esque ramblings at the second impeachment trial, "expert on the law" is not exactly the phrase that comes to mind.

What a fucking putz that guy is. He's personally responsible for Cosby walking.