Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    spook Guest
    i came for the snow. i stayed after so many assholes made me feel comfortable to be myself. life is beautiful.

Awwwwe. Do we need a 13 sidestep program...

Or a good fucking FLAME WAR!!!

You bitches still have it in you.

And, BTW, pinner's good, LB, fine, Rev, decent. Odin, good to see you look up from a computer or soccer ball. Buster, still bustin. Telemike: weak sauce who is creating his next gen to compensate. Ice and Tipp are just going to post each other out of retirement.

NO!! You got me!!

Wait, I need to post again, but my arthritis is FKN KIlliing me.

HA!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i came for the snow. i stayed after so many assholes made me feel comfortable to be myself. life is beautiful.
    I thought in the beginning you only posted about people dying in Oregon?

And 13 steps? is that because the first one is remembering to take your old man pills?

Your experience here at TGR

I came here about ten years ago for the same reason many of us did: I was looking for something different than TelemarkTips and had heard of TGR. I slowly started migrating to TGR more and more and finally had to say FUCK YOU to Mitch. It's all good now though.

I've met many a Maggot. Skied with quite a few. Some of my best friends I met here. There are people I've "known" for 10+ years that I've never met and I consider friends. I feel like I've got one of the best networks of like minded maniacs all over the country that I can ski with, drink with, buy and sell and give away gear with. There are people here I trust with my life. There are folks I've never met that I know I could count on for assistance at a moments notice. There are folks that are gone I might never hear from again if they don't check in here.

My wife is always amazed at how far my "internet ski dating" has taken us. As I've said before, Y'all fuckin' rock!

And...

Contrary to popular belief, I am physically unable to stick a hole pair in my ass.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-21-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That's good to hear!

I forgot kq is cumquat! You go girl
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    just a fishyskibum who had met and knew a few maggots before i scored a gig at a desk w/ a computer and stumbled across the blue screened community they resided in.
    I had little idea of the addictional forces and how typing a few words and hittting reply could and would bring so many unique and diverse people into my life.
    Ive learned laughed, cried, reveled the good and bad, and shared addictions and passions given and recieved
    FKNA i can't decide

but as always
    iceman ftw in jeans long form live

oh and i get triple bonus cash back rewards if you put something my goofy ass typed out in your sig
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I've been around long enough to know this....Iceman is older than me.
    Pretty sure this is an untrue fact.

OK, somebody clue me in on the getting paid to post here thing.

Well there's two main wage options: paid by the word (AK Rover is on that contract), or per-post (Hugh, Tipp, ...).

Some here pay for the privilege of posting.

WTF? Are they holding it in escrow somewhere?

Apparently your wages have been garnished. Something you need to get off your chest?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I thought in the beginning you only posted about people dying in Oregon?
    that's what you get for thinking

blame fucking rob story for my presence......

met quite a few good people just from this corner of the web, accepted and passed along good deals, learned a shit load about gear by reading and learned that there are quite a few of us that love snow sports as well as being assholes 😀

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    WTF? Are they holding it in escrow somewhere?
    We're earning the rewards we'll receive in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The best thing about the whole Hugh thing is that it pisses people off. I like it.
    the razor dance, internet vs reality, provoked again and again

I find it funny but that's probably no revelation, I find me funny too

funniest of all are assumptions that Our Roy Batty is just 100% anger, it shows such a lack of imagination

so people thought Sam Kinison actually screamed at everyone when he wasn't in his routine? holy cannoli frijole, how did they react to Andy Kaufmann?

internet branding definitely is a confusing concept. I want to trust everything I see. I don't want to doubt. doubting is weak, isn't it? shows lack of resolve?

Your experience here at TGR

Stuck,

I posted some question I don't remember, you responded, I said something along the lines of, "maybe I posted in the wrong forum because I don't spend every fucking minute on the interwebz and I'm probably fucking my bisexual doctor of a wife with a house in Vail that says we can both bang other women so it's fair... Etc."

Next post was someone saying something like, "I think this guy might be a maggot. Maggot?" Haha. Now I'm in Nashville and that marriage is over, so perhaps you get the last laugh. But hey, I'm happy.

Besides, Vail is flat.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Hahahaha. (I'm not laughing about your marriage ending, that's never good)
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Hahahaha. (I'm not laughing about your marriage ending, that's never good)
    Oh, it ended up being for the best. Bitches be crazy. It's funny now. It's not like it was Telluride or anything.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

I learned of this place when a bunch of internet tough guys (tuffy and punani) decided to ruffle a few feathers at the mammoth mountain forum I had just started lurking at.

Lurked for many a year here. There were way more awesome TRs on a weekly basis by the likes of iskibc, trackhead, skier666, lawn darting by Meatdrink etc. those were almost as entertaining as the ongoing flame wars between blurred11s and the summit county crew vs the world.

It has gotten more diluted and lost a bit of edge but I still come here to get info on places and gear. I used to be able to waste quite a bit of time here, now I cruise through in ten minutes or so. I was always too lazy to post any stoke, never really put anything into this place and there you have it. I am appreciative for those that do and did.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    and I'm probably fucking my bisexual doctor of a wife with a house in Vail that says we can both bang other women so it's fair... Etc."
    What could go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Nice thread .... did not have to google one phrase through the almost 100 posts .... so, the youngin's must not be posting😄

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The best thing about the whole Hugh thing is that it pisses people off. I like it.
    Its fucking hilarious that people get all bent about it. If people can't handle Hugh, then the early, mid-2000's here must have driven them crazy with all the aliases beating on each other.

I always remember this place (and powmag) being more hilarious (maybe original) for some reason. TR's always seemed to be about someone having a shitload of fun and wanting to share it with the group, now half the time it seems like they are linked to some other blog or whatever. I will say that there are some amazing people doing crazy shit (crazy backpacking loops in Alaska for example) that come here to share it, which is awesome.

Hindsight though.
    Last edited by char; 11-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'm probably fucking my bisexual doctor of a wife with a house in Vail that says we can both bang other women so it's fair... Etc.".
    You too, i knew we had sumthin in common.

Never ends well.
    watch out for snakes

^^^^ thanks for the joe..... pass me the bong