Thread: Heated gloves

Heated gloves

My Dad has had multiple hand surgeries, and now experiences periods of Raynaud's-like symptoms (i.e., poor vascular function) and will for a year or two until the vasculature recovers. He's a big skier, though, and is worried about his hands in the winter. Any mags have suggestions on heated gloves, tips, etc?

Thanks!

I've been impressed with Chaval's. Very even heat, longer battery life than the others I've tried, well made, and warm when not on. For details, I did this review last winter:
    http://www.gearinstitute.com/skiing/...-heated-gloves

I dunno about heated gloves, but my mom has Raynauds, and I put her in RBH Designs Vapor mitt. She used the middle liner. She usually starts with a chemical pack, but can often ditch it mid morning. Just an idea.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I bought my always freezing wife Cabela's Heated Performance Gloves to try this season, but it hasn't been cold enough yet to really test them. They're made by Gerbing, who make a lot of heated products. My dad has the gloves for motorcycling and loves them, but his don't have to rely on independent batteries, so we'll see how the wife's work.

OR has a new heated glove out this year. $250 for the glove or mitt, but only $25 for extra batteries. VERY well made glove (hestra, patagonia etc) and easy to use heat.

Hand warmers?
    The Sheriff is near!

Hestra has a heated glove that is dexterous as fuck.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I help a quadrapalegic buddy go skiing and he has the heated stuff, hit the button and instant heat

I don't think chemical handwarmers are enough for peope with medical probs
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a pair and they function but I never felt that what they added was going to get me to the same warmth as mitts.

I'd sell them to you for a decent sixer plus shipping from calgary if you want to give them a try.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    OR has a new heated glove out this year. $250 for the glove or mitt, but only $25 for extra batteries. VERY well made glove (hestra, patagonia etc) and easy to use heat.
    I have a pair of those. I tried them riding my bike when it was cold here in Denver over the weekend. They rock! I got the Lucent - the Stormtracker is also heated and cost less. Can't wait to ski with them when the temp is below 0 at Loveland

Throwing a pair of surgical or latex mechanics gloves on as a base layer helps a lot when it super cold, cheap and pack small...

Thanks guys, I'm gonna pass this along to my Dad. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I have a pair and they function but I never felt that what they added was going to get me to the same warmth as mitts.

I'd sell them to you for a decent sixer plus shipping from calgary if you want to give them a try.

what model do you have? I have a few buddies who can use them if no one else wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    what model do you have? I have a few buddies who can use them if no one else wants them.
    Can't remember... I'll check when I get home tonight.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season