Armada TST 2013 - Different shoe size.

Hi everybody,

My first posting and already a silly question.

I recently bought some pretty new 183cm 2013 Armada TST´s with a mounted Tyrolia Adrenalin binding.
    I intend to use them for ski touring, as long as snow conditions make sense and the climbing is not too long and occasionally for free riding.
    I have and use also lighter (touring) skis with lighter binding.

The former owner uses smaller shoes than me i.e. size 27 instead of 29.
    This means that in my case the binding mounting point gets shifted backwards by a good cm - measued it seems more like 1,5cm.
    Should I expect troubles or am I good to go?
    Unfortunately there is not much snow around here yet for a field test.

For what concerns me and as far it can matter:
    I´m 1,86m, some 78kg, intermediate level - just to give a rough idea.

Thanks in advance!
    Alessandro

Your a light guy, that said, I can not imagine moving 1-1.5cm back on that ski will be a major issue, as there is so little up front due to the excessive rocker and a pretty substantial tail. I would ski them a few days before moving the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Thanks for the reply.
    Then I´ll give it a go.
    Putting more holes in the ski is not an option for me.
    Shouldn´t it work I´d resell the ski to someone else with smaller feet.

Up to now the TST would habe been quite an overkill for me, considering the snow conditions I´m used to.
    My broadest ski so far was the Atomic Drifter with 95mm waist and I use even it only now and then.
    A few weeks ago I moved fron Styria (Austria) to Munich though and Tyrol including some hot spots like St. Anton are within reach for a day or WE trip now.
    I tend to like skis which, near a decent floatation in soft snow, can hold an edge on harder ground and the TST seems to fit in well.

I had 183 TSTs (to short on firm snow due to excessive tip rocker) sold them and bought the 192s. Those are better on firm snow, but still pretty much suck compared to other skis I own. I use the TSTs when there is some fresh snow on the ground. Then they are a blast. I bought some Nordica Vagabonds, that have way less tip rocker. If I like them the TSTs will be in Gear Swap in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Then I´ll give it a go.
    Putting more holes in the ski is not an option for me.
    Shouldn´t it work I´d resell the ski to someone else with smaller feet.

Up to now the TST would habe been quite an overkill for me, considering the snow conditions I´m used to.
    My broadest ski so far was the Atomic Drifter with 95mm waist and I use even it only now and then.
    A few weeks ago I moved fron Styria (Austria) to Munich though and Tyrol including some hot spots like St. Anton are within reach for a day or WE trip now.
    I tend to like skis which, near a decent floatation in soft snow, can hold an edge on harder ground and the TST seems to fit in well.
    170 lbs/intermediate the 183cm TST will probably be good for ya, just ski them before moving anything
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know