Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Only CP is fucked enough to think Rogers is a good place for a railway. And let's not forget, if not then the pass would be the same as any other remote, rad part of the Selkirks: pretty much inaccessible.
    well in their defence, in the 1800s when the rail was built they thought it was the only way. In a way CP helped reduce the number of heli ops

The old highway around what is now Kinbasket was well before our time, how much longer was it?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Like I said.I will do whatever it takes to get the goods.
    For me that would include sledneckin, heli, skins, and the occasionally well put together guidebook. No middle finger for you. You get the minivan, Girlfriend. Two in the front...five in the rear.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Pledged. I love guidebooks.

can't fight the power.... looks like Doug got the measly $22000 he sold out for.....pathetic.

If he was from the area and not an American transplant then OK. But let the locals decide guide book or no guide book. I personally say no, let people figure out on their own, that's where learning comes from. But what would I know, I'm only from the mountains and not a fancy pants city dweller.

Well he's lived in the Kootenay's since the late 90s. I suppose true Revy Golden locals were born there but many of those don't ski. Looks like the "locals" appreciate what Doug was trying to do

When you bag a first on the biggest peak on the range, or do bugs-rogers in 80hrs, I think you can do what you want.

http://www.biglines.com/articles/mt-...elkirks-canada
    http://geobackcountry.com/6/post/201...-80-hours.html

There are already 2 guidebooks out now, and even then the punters don't stray too far from grizzly shoulder.

ROGERS PASS SKI GUIDE - Support this ya bums

Stoked!! It's now official. Going to get that unreal map with the book purchase. Now additional funds go to Rogers pass. No idea where funds get allocated once the pass gets them but bridge/crossing to Smart would be awesome. That would mean in effect the book would make the pass less crowded by spreading people out. #greedydreamin . Can't wait for the book to link days and trips. A lot o pages of pure motivation. 3 days left to get a book and map or more at discounted price

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    When you bag a first on the biggest peak on the range, or do bugs-rogers in 80hrs, I think you can do what you want.

http://www.biglines.com/articles/mt-...elkirks-canada
    http://geobackcountry.com/6/post/201...-80-hours.html

There are already 2 guidebooks out now, and even then the punters don't stray too far from grizzly shoulder.
    It's the same for the Baldwin Coast mountains book and map. People go to the same places anyway

Guide books are good for spreading people out, providing information on rules, regulations and etiquette.

This guidebook will benefit the area, the goods will still be tough to get too.

Great job Doug!
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Considering picking up a copy BUT, how does this differ from Eric Dafoe et al's Ski Touring in Rogers Pass book? Would I be purchasing something that comments on many of the same routes?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Dafoe Kelly and the old Kors Kelly are good for general tours., IIRC 6 lines in Connaught for example. Much more handholding beta too - eg go to GR xxxxxxx and turn NE up a ride. Geobackcountry will have for eg 20 lines up Connaught and much more old school descriptions. Ie head towards Cheops. Drop in at 3rd chute. Hang on for dear life and don't tomahawk seracs in centre. Read the article for the examples. I put up a bunch more stuff in Wildsnow

Being a guidebook geek I'd get them all including Chic Scotts. But then I also pore over GE, maps etc

nobody likes secret stashes given away ... but this is rogers pass for fark sake ... 500 visits every xmas period !!!

Doug is the man and his info is far above wot most of us will ever do ...

are you seriously going to go touring into new terrain without any research ???

this guy goes big and extreme ...

I couldn't hold a candle to him on my biggest and best day ... could you ???

this is the shit I used to read like it was the kor-an ... back in the day. every nite. everyday looking for a new option ...

if he put this out 8 years ago i woulda been all over it and could quoted every page and quote ...

buy a seld and get stuck all season if you don't like this ...

its roger farkin pass ... get to know the guy at the visiters center and they will tel you everything anyway !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Oh look the cunts that bitch about someone skiing their secret lift line

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    If he was from the area and not an American transplant then OK. But let the locals decide guide book or no guide book. I personally say no, let people figure out on their own, that's where learning comes from. But what would I know, I'm only from the mountains and not a fancy pants city dweller.
    ummm... ever heard of Whipple? Putnam?? Thorington??? Yanks.
    How bout Wheeler??? f'kin Irish!!! Irish. As in, from Ireland.
    jus sayin.

I love guide books.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair