G3 enzo....2+ yrs later, what's the verdict?

I'm lookin to mount mrs. rockcreek (hehe)'s new skis, and was looking at the enzo (not the enzo r, want free pivot for tourin) and was curious if anyone had good/bad/otherwise tales to tell regarding g3's newly discontinued telebinding. looks like i can get em' for about 250$ on the interwebs. I ski axl's and love them, so that will probably be the final decision, but am making sure I wasn't missing out on a good deal (because im a cheap fuck). graciass

Bought a pair on closeout last year and tested them on a weeklong hut trip in interior BC. They skied and toured quite well, mounted on a pair of BD Carbon Megawatts. In fact, I'm taking them to Hokkaido next January.

Pros: good lateral control, nice progressive flex, not too active (personal preference), free pivot works well for extended touring, transition from ski/tour well, didn't ice up on me, bargain price.

Cons: A bit on the heavy side, heel elevators sucked shit (kept flipping down despite fiddling with 'em regularly), heel elevators only go up one level unless you purchase optional riser extenders.

I don't have Axls, but do have old HHs and the Enzo is about equivalent to hole #4 in activity.

I've noticed the whole toe piece wiggles a bit, not noticeable when skiing, and yeah that heel is a fucker, usually only after its frozen, that and snow in the coils means you have you bring them in every night. Good binding though, seems bomber and tours well.

Yup, just the Enzo-R will live on. I would look either at 22D's Axls or Voile's Switchback X2.