Krypton Pro - do I need new boots?

I've had Krypton Pros since 2008. Sure, they're getting on, buckles have been replaced, the race plates on the bottom need to be replaced so they're back in DIN standard. Surefoot liners are shot. Sure, I'd like new boots. But, am I wrong to think that the tongues are basically what controls the flex? I've never used the rear cuff inserts, but if I replace the liner, tongues, and put cuff stiffeners, would they not be the poor man's new boot?

KR2 is a noticeable improvement on the already great boot that you have. By the time you buy new tongues, liners and sole blocks, you might just be most of the way to the price of some lightly used KR2.

I'd do a price comparison and keep your eyes out to see if you could upgrade to KR2 for a reasonable price. Also, the current "step down" from the KR2 pro is the "KR2 core" model. A great boot that's probably as stiff as your seven-year-old O.G. Krypton pros.

If I could only choose one I'd buy new surefoot liners before a new shell.

I guess it would depend on the prices you find. I'd go new on a 6-y-o boot in my world, but I don't know your situation.
    Gravity. It's the law.

If you do get new boots, I'll take those rear cuff inserts (broke one of the #4s on mine).
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."