Montana Snow Conditions Web Map

I just wanted to start a thread to get people connected to a free web map I made at mtpowfinder.com. Use it to quickly find skiing opportunities, snow reports, SNOTEL sites, etc. I put it together mostly so I could make my habit of checking the SNOTEL gages easier to fulfill. It also has other social media content as well. Check it out and let me know if you like it, love it, hate it, see need for improvement, etc. Thanks!

-drew

I like it except I cant default to no utube/social media bullshit. No one wants to see those links on the map. The weather/snotel info is good though.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Second on the youtube comment, check out big sky, its a bunch of my first ride down a blue videos and covers up what I'm actually looking for

Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Second on the youtube comment, check out big sky, its a bunch of my first ride down a blue videos and covers up what I'm actually looking for

Much better without the utube links. One more thing- When I click on the 3 day projected cumulative totals it lists the same date in the from: and to: areas (three days from now). I assume this is the projected snowfall for the next 72 hours?
    It would also be nice to be able to customize which icons/information you personally want on the map (saved to default). Otherwise cool idea that will get used.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

That's really cool. Thanks for putting that together.

I wonder if there's a widget or whatever that would allow you to show the temperature and snow depth info right in the box when you click on the Snotel icon, as opposed to going to the Snotel's web page....and perhaps show the resort conditions in the box when you click on the resort icons, rather than going to the resort website. I'm not a web genius but I think this might be possible. Then you'd really have a one-stop shop for a lot of people.

But in any case it's great as is and I will definitely use it.

When I click on the 3 day projected cumulative totals it lists the same date in the from: and to: areas (three days from now). I assume this is the projected snowfall for the next 72 hours?

really cool

Master Yoda, is Montana more extreme than Colorado?