Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Muted, there's a time and place for everything. Certain zones are meant to be wiggled or straightlined other zones are to be shredded. Like I said I ride. Don't lecture to what you know nothing about and don't shit on those who paved the path for you to follow. You may take a different path but learn from those who come before you and don't shit on the contributions they've given.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Absolutely. Could be soon if it doesn't snow enough here
    I'm looking at an April/May sierra>so ut>slc>somewhere secret. I'll let you know.
    Fixed it for you

Let me know for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Absolutely. Could be soon if it doesn't snow enough here
    I'm looking at an April/May sierra>so ut>slc>range loop. I'll let you know.
    good man.

Skied Deer Valley Today. It was pretty rad.

More Pics.
    Last edited by tBatt; 12-19-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBe View Post
    Muted, there's a time and place for everything. Certain zones are meant to be wiggled or straightlined other zones are to be shredded. Like I said I ride. Don't lecture to what you know nothing about and don't shit on those who paved the path for you to follow. You may take a different path but learn from those who come before you and don't shit on the contributions they've given.
    I'm not lecturing, just joking around, probably a bit harshly, but still joking. I have no idea who you are so don't take it personally. SOunds like others have an axe to grind with you.

Wiggle on, wiggleman.

good lord.
    hopefully this upcoming storm can get this thread back on track.

Well this thread got sucky. Shut the fuck up you turds.

WTF? I always thought skiing was self indulging. Roll with your inner self.

2 feet in the forecast.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Morning stroll underneath peak 10,420, NW facing mostly treed, 17deg F. Still soft turns in the sheltered northerly areas. A few mm of surface hoar on a 4-5" of new snow, followed by about a 1ft slab sitting on basal facets. In an open area out of the trees it was close to 2ft maybe. Two quick hand pits pulled the slab at the ground with some energy (could be because I'm pulling on the column, so take it for what it's worth). I don't have a loupe so I'm not sure exactly what snow grains there were in the midpack slab, but no snowballs could be made at all. Seems like the midpack of the shallow snowpack areas ( here was 18" or 45cm) has gotten weaker. I think the current snow surface will become a weak layer with this new snow coming, especially with it being predicted as a warmer storm with 12-24" of higher density snow. I'm sure the danger will rise to considerable. Just tryin to anticipate/predict what'll happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Name S monitor  12-19-14 088.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	161657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Name S monitor  12-19-14 025.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	161658 Surface is getting super loose, and Skifish I'll give you a half price ski lesson for Christmas

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    would pay full if the potty mouthed queen shoots and narrates the video
    jong no one is dissin on your profession my ma was a teacher your even free to enjoy this community as the delegate of the axegrindin batshit craziez fng tribe
    and free to start a thread w/ your beefs, defendin your heroes honor, or the merits of noodlin instead of rojin this one
    mrs. buttercups and i aint even tight but my offer to take a silly lap sometime stands
    spun a few egp laps
    some aspects skiin better than others

j clem held some decent untracked bottomless facets
    below solbight hard to find much that escaped elavation and solar crusting of various degrees
    bring it santas
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Does your so called tribe sell weed on their reservation, please show me how to rip a line, half to charge your wife full price
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Name S monitor  12-19-14 045.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	161659  

Run in the same tired little circle to ski the same tired line to take the same tired photo to run home for a facebook like.
    The epitome of mediocracy. Nipple should be open by Tuesday. Go there next.

I think my shit talking works just fine on this page. It adds a nice balance to the six pages of yours. If you call someone out in your post they're not supposed to respond? Obviously new to this game. Looks like you rode at Solitude today....again. Super "stoked". "heroes", I noticed you like to put words in other peoples mouths. Respect, humility these are more the characteristics of my heroes. Didn't your momma teach you either of these. How did you know I was a teacher anyways?

As for contributions to the "community" here are mine. Observations, I wouldn't go Jumping into any steep Nfacing slopes over the next couple days if it comes in like they're saying. General snow quality, looks like SMonitors skiing/riding a hell of a lot better than Solitude. As for stoke, spindrift lines look beautiful they've been keeping me "stoked" all week. Muted this is fun, no harm done, take care.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thanks 4 those awesome RC Willey obs jong you should pm and hook up w/ the whitey spindrifter his butthurt pm to me made him seem lonely.
    headed back up 8023 to the draw
    and sum bottomless facet fun top was a lightly covered ptex/ base weld inducing gear thrashin
    mrs powderponders took minesweeper duties

not much slab and would sluff pretty good on steeper pitches
    once through the boney crux the bottom slide path aprons held the goods
    i thought billy da goat or killer bark would work but he wants his athelete name to be sneaky long gits er done

mrs. sfb and the crew rolled back up and skied one down the chix shit ridge side and reported various crusts on off n aspects
    looks like the basin and pow mow scored twice as much overnight
    oh and if you can't figure out how i knows your a teacher and at what school youre probably dumber than i
    Last edited by skifishbum; 12-21-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Holy heavy snow in LCC might as well have been raining. Lots of little natural slides littering the closed areas at the bird today and lots of cracks and propagation on stuff not steep enough to slide. Guess at least its good base building snow.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Holy heavy snow in LCC might as well have been raining. Lots of little natural slides littering the closed areas at the bird today and lots of cracks and propagation on stuff not steep enough to slide. Guess at least its good base building snow.
    It WAS switching over to rain at the bottom of GadZoom when I left at 2:30, but I assume it could switch back if we get cooler temps overnight. It is continuing to piss rain at 7000' at Parley's Summit right now, and it has been doing so for most of the afternoon. Ugh.

This should be obvious to any locals who have had an eye on the snowpack this season, but I'll restate the obvious in case we have some tourists coming in for the holidays: down low, we have near-unskiable mashed potatoes or bare rock. Up high, we now have a bunch of new heavy snow and wind slabs sitting on top of rotten facets. I had my hopes up for touring tomorrow, but I have now scrapped those plans.

Backcountry closure in effect beginning tonight (12/21/14) at 9:00 pm, north side of Little Cottonwood Canyon, Lisa Falls to Grizzly Gulch.
    Hwy 210 closing at 8:00 pm tonight.
    it is estimated the backcounty closure / road closure will be lifted by 8:30 am 12/22/14.

Thanks

Happy Birthday Oracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It WAS switching over to rain at the bottom of GadZoom when I left at 2:30, but I assume it could switch back if we get cooler temps overnight. It is continuing to piss rain at 7000' at Parley's Summit right now, and it has been doing so for most of the afternoon. Ugh.

This should be obvious to any locals who have had an eye on the snowpack this season, but I'll restate the obvious in case we have some tourists coming in for the holidays: down low, we have near-unskiable mashed potatoes or bare rock. Up high, we now have a bunch of new heavy snow and wind slabs sitting on top of rotten facets. I had my hopes up for touring tomorrow, but I have now scrapped those plans.
    Damn. Hopefully the temps drop some tonight. I had aspirations of a tour tomorrow as well but I think I'll just be skiing the bird.

We slugged up to Solitude yesterday. Never thought I'd complain about the moisture content of the snow on a storm day, but Utah has already spoiled me. It was extremely heavy, slushy goop, not terribly fun. I was planning on taking today off to get a storm day in before the holidays, but I think I'll save my PTO...

Hopefully the cold temps will dry up whatever hasn't yet been wind-jacked

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I strive to be the one having the most fun. The inadequacies being addressed here make me sad and angry. Get out and got some. It's finally dumping!

Guys don't be sad, it's Christmas. If one can dish it out then that person can likely take it and no harm done. Or like Bob says "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". I'm proud of these mtns, they bring me absolute joy all year round and have been for many years. People gonna disagree. Some gonna want to preserve others to build. Some like to wiggle others like to slash and pop. Some prefer ski's others boards. Shit talking is just one of the ways big boys debate these super important(sarcasm) issues. It's fun so just ignore it and bring your own stoke. Guys will air their grievances and then move on, isn't that life. Take care.

had a warm fuzzy norman rockwell picture in my head of low-angle storm day aspen glade skiing the last couple days. reality ended up being soggy wet PNW-style storm skiing at the bird yesterday and sitting on my ass before work this morning. still, i had fun skiing in the storm and getting thoroughly thrashed by the heavy choppy glop. thank god for rockered skis and rock skis! if any of you were part of the group waiting in line for peruvian yesterday morning (which never did open) that graciously shared a pull off your flask of habanero-infused boozeahol, mucho thanks for spreading the stoke and not whining or hassling the poor hungover lifties like people tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I strive to be the one having the most fun. The inadequacies being addressed here make me sad and angry. Get out and got some. It's finally dumping!
    It's OK to say the snow sucked when the snow sucked. I was not sad or angry skiing yesterday though. But that was the worst turns I've ever skinned for. Taking the attitude of Richard Simmons on the skin track when it starts to rain is not cool.