Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    UDOT will close Little Cottonwood Canyon Road for Artillery Site on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:30 am. The areas between Gate B and Grizzly Gulch will be closed to all backcountry users beginning December 2nd, 2014 at 12:01 AM. Thanks dudes.

ug a

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Yesterday spooked us pretty good up with ARPowhound and two others on our way to Wolverine Bowl. We decided to go to Patsy Marly route but got interrupted by this...
    Saw that today, didn't see this post yet or anything on UAC. Just submitted it as well. EDIT Whoops under Grizz, not Patsy. Shoulda seen that.

More pics from it.

~5' crown at the rocks.

1.5' elsewhere

Dug a handful of pits N through E aspects, all broke around 3rd from Elbow on the facet layer for the CT. ECT broke in the same spot around 3rd from Arm. Clean breaks without a lot of energy. Slope angles 30-35°.
    Last edited by tBatt; 12-02-2014 at 11:37 PM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    glewstick left his skis (viole busters + dynafits and bd poles usually with voile strap on them) in alta parking lot across (north) from the albion sign. if anyone grabbed them please contact me, we gotta get him out there again to help save your life.
    damn ya gets to safe and you'll be sorry
    well if them cats w/ the annoying banner ad in the middle of the forcast don't hook him up w/ fresh ones
    i gots some skis and and a spare set of dyna whompers for eddies gets to high & spaced his sticks and spent all his loots phishin bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by peace_coast View Post
    looking to get out on thursday with someone that knows the lay of the land for a casual tour. new to the satch but have a functional amount of bc experience and won't slow you down. i'll bring the pre/post/mid-tour beers if you're into that sorta thing.
    I'm new to the area as well but I would be down to get out on Thursday if anyone is planning on getting out. Wouldn't mind going for a tour on saturday either if anyone is interested.

snowaddict91, I'm up for a tour on Saturday. I'll send you a PM.

Was a good morning up in the Toledo bowl ... found some nice pockets of surprisingly soft stuff

I'm planning to be out there tomorrow early and Saturday and wouldn't mind some company if anyone else wants to give it a shot

Looking into Cardiff:

Thin sweetness beats no sweetness!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

forgive me ullr it has been 7 days since my last fix
    sillytudes allowing acess out the hwy2heav gate based on not returning via solbright or other soli avvy controled terrain and stoked to see a red coated mag.
    a few people out but the majority of tracks are s facin or the patsy m trees and a few lines in west bowl
    warm w/ a dustin on various melt freeze/wind crusts
    traversing high across E bowl wasn't to bad mostly week sugary facets on rock lots o rock not a lot of slab up high but crossloaded well lower
    low angled lovin skied pretty creamy well but plenty o ptex harshers and the few n facin slopes i hit alongst side flannies held decent recrystalzed pows
    manky meh silverfork out.
    gougie day to recreate in the mnts
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    forgive me ullr it has been 7 days since my last fix
    G]
    Could you do something to make it snow. Can you and ice go up on a ridge and do some kind of snow dance. And no, I don't want to see pics of ice dancing. Looking at a week from Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Could you do something to make it snow. Can you and ice go up on a ridge and do some kind of snow dance.
    I dunno if that's a good idea, last time he was up on a ridge cavorting around he did this:

^^^^^and your ob or point is....
    my tiny testicles expert risk tolerences would never put me in that situation
    or sfb fucked up and created an avvy
    if it's the latter
    done fuckered up way harder
    repeatedly
    aint no rules your dumb ass is free to cunt but
    if ya can't mute it and really need attention and to roj er up try here

my tiny testicles expert risk tolerences would never put me in that situation
    or sfb fucked up and created an avvy
    ]
    Easy my roofing brother, I think muted was being tongue and cheek there. At least that's the way I read it. What roofer hasn't had a bundle of shingles go ripping off a 12/12. Looked like there was a good start snow wise and then slowed down. Do ya think it's worth the trip?

worth it?
    depends on your expectations fishin might be good
    weren't you trying to solve that is a road trip worth it dlemers by just being around to enjoy a 500" average by being here when it falls and is more worth
    the "it" ya jones?
    that damn non p troll eum felt aint gots much coefficientcy of drag check yo shit on a lesser angles now days

i aint a weather guesser
    but
    this guy guesses as good as any of em

One for roje(I know he's lurking)!

Sunny bowl is lookin...and uh,

just because.

Brighton yesterday was fun. At Solitude right now... Not sure if all you core cats are too rad for inbounds, but if you're bumming around Solitude, we'll be here all day and probably again tomorrow.

Just joking around here.

Got out today for a fun one, felt like a mid-winter tour. Pack is stabilizing, good turns were had. Skied most aspects up to 11k. S exit sucked, most other aspects still holding decent snow.

looks SUP(erior)erb. exited out from Monte C?

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    looks SUP(erior)erb. exited out from Monte C?
    No, sure it would have been fine up until the bushwhack at the bottom, but we decided to ski the backside and slog out to the top of pole line and down.

ah, gotcha.

Wasatch STOKE, Conditions, Obs and assorted drival 14/15

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't see that the Gnarwhale's thread was stickied.

Healing vibes, as I am forever thankful of his passion, talent and thoughtful presence out there. The dude rocks!!!
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 12-08-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: missed the Gnarwhale thread

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

worth it?
    depends on your expectations fishin might be good
    weren't you trying to solve that is a road trip worth it dlemers by just being around to enjoy a 500" average by being here when it falls and is more worth
    the "it" ya jones?
    that damn non p troll eum felt aint gots much coefficientcy of drag check yo shit on a lesser angles now days

i aint a weather guesser
    but
    this guy guesses as good as any of em
    The jones is extreme.
    From what wra posted it looks like you've got some synthetic underlayment in them hills. But hell, I don't mind skiing with the other scrubbing bubbles.
    That weather guy is optimistic, me thinks. I think the ruby's might get a nice dump. I hear the fishings good over that way, also.
    Gona be a last minute call.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418272437.643710.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	926.2 KB 
ID:	161292

Skied some upper elevation north east facing terrain yesterday. Still soft turns, growing dense however. We did a shallow pit. The deeper snow seems to be turning to junky sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Just joking around here.
    well then don't mind my attempts at nicotine self deprivation pissed about jackin my self up cheerios pissin rants and carry on thought the hole tthing was oversensationalized
    headed out hwy noonish warm n various degrees of melt freeze more meltin along griz and mich city to davenport
    looks like a herd of bc noobzs skier booter pitter compacted er pretty well, which is cool
    good bit of surface whores about where the sun cant burn em off
    short days, light leaves west bowl 3ish trade route well packed and slick
    still some recrystalized and loud pow to be had in sun sheltered aspects
    right on ballsy your welcome to crash here mooch rock sticks etc and hope the splitter storm adds a bit and the pattern changes if ya come out

I'm coming out to SLC for a week or two in January. Any good guidebooks out there for the surrounding backcountry to help plan my trip? I know about The Chuting Gallery by Andrew Mclean, just wondering if anything else is worth picking up.