Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ON3P Jeronimo (102 underfoot). Versatile ski, does well in park, hardpack, and variable.

+1 for the Bonafide.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    I thought the new stockli SR's blew the new mantra out of the water, price is bullshit just like the kastles

I really like the moment tahoe over the pb&j, tahoe feels a little more specific as a ski to break out when the mountain has been skied out than a one ski quiver like the pb&j
    Hard to find much info on the Tahoe, seems like it carves really well, but what about its crud/speed ability?

On paper sounds like a really versatile ski.

Since we seem to be in the 94-104 range now, I'll add a mm since I ski these like a 100.

Stockli Stormrider Pro. 2011-2014 version. 105 under foot, squarish tail, 2 sheets of metal, softish tips, no rocker. Smooth and energetic.

Hard snow, variable snow, powder. Tip shape gives some float but no rocker flap like the Blizzards on the hard pack. More charger than playful but not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Stoke George View Post
    Hard to find much info on the Tahoe, seems like it carves really well, but what about its crud/speed ability?

On paper sounds like a really versatile ski.
    Handles crud well. Good dampness to it. Bit of a speed limit I guess. Not a superg ski but the dampness and lack of too much sidecut keep it stable. Versatile describes it. Huge sweet spot. Just ordered another pair off STP. They may be sold out though(12 days and no shipping confirmation). I haven't tried the new one with mullet rocker but looks like it'll work like moustache rocker(deathwishes carved amazing for a 112 ski)

Thanks grinch

I owned the 180 Bonafide and found it a little vague in the tail. Sort of mixed message ski - good solid construction but not a technical ski. Rocker doesn't help float or forgiveness that much and hurts carving.

For my low snow/bump day ski, I'd rather have something more forgiving/playful. Alternatively, for a groomer zoomer, I'd rather have something more technical. I liked the 178 Stockli XXXL better than the 180 Bonafide (as a technical ski)and prefer the Prodigy to the Bonafide (as a playful ski), too. YMMV...

Last years k2 shreditor 102(this years has taper).. Basically an updated fujas.

Have it in both 179 for park, and 189 for jibby tram laps.. My 188 moment pbjs just weren't fun enough. The shreditors probably dont bust crud as well, but the pbjs dont bust crud like my cochise.. Out with the pbj, in with the shreditor.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    ON3P Jeronimo (102 underfoot). Versatile ski, does well in park, hardpack, and variable.
    This is what I am on for this type of ski. They don't make it anymore though. They replaced it with the kartel.

I see no issues with the kartel. 4mm isn't a lot either way, gives people more options. I'd probably go with the 98mm perhaps, since I have 3 fat skis in my quiver haha

Bonifide sets the standard

Cham 97 is also great, but different.

Atomic Automatic 102 of you Arron a budget

Line Sick Day 95 of you don't like the flavor of metal.

Armada ARVti & ON3P kartel look interesting

you can't get wrong with bonafide or mantra. Cham generated polarized reactions. I hated their tails, and was not the only one. Some other liked them. So you'd better demo them, whereas for bonafide or mantra is pretty tought to find someone who did not like'em at all.... at least here in yurp..

100mm Waist Skis

Head m103 - heaviest, most badass firm snow ski ever built - use it on days when I want to ski stupid fast on hardpack on steeps or wherever, great for January high pressure periods when the hardpack has that chalky texture to it

Down Countdown 102 - like a lightweight Cochise, straight with some rocker - great for backcountry in the alpine, where you deal with crusts and windslabs a lot, the straight shape makes it super predictable and allows you to slarve down the fall line at a pretty good speed in even the nastiest of conditions

Armada ARVti - poppy and playful, yet also damp and stable - this ski is a ton of fun, it still has that damp construction that allows you to charge on it, but it also loves to pop and get way into the air on any little bump or roller, a great compliment to the Head m103 for high pressure periods, it'd be nice if it was a tad bit narrower

If I'm going to be skiing groomers a lot (early season), nothing beats a ski in the low 80s. You can't fake side-to-side quickness.

PM Gear 183 stiff hybrid Bros. The year with the orange topsheets and rocker in the front. I will use them for everything that isn't a pow day. I bought them as low-snow bomber since they're so fkn durable and so much goddam fun. They're just damp enough to charge like hell but light, snappy and agile enough to be really quick and fun too. Great "everything" ski for me.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Has anyone spent time on the Rossi Experience 100 vs. new Mantra. I saw the Blister reviews but just trying to get another opinion from a more EC standpoint.

I liked the old Rossi Exp 98 and the old Mantra equally and was ready to jump on a pair of either, but decided to wait to see what the new iterations were like.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 11-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone spent time on the Rossi Experience 100 vs. new Mantra. I saw the Blister reviews but just trying to get another opinion from a more EC standpoint.

I liked the old Rossi Exp 98 and the old Mantra equally and was ready to jump on a pair of either, but decided to wait to see what the new iterations were like.
    Kind of curious about this too. That Exp 98 was tits. I wound up on that after owning three pairs of Mantras. Sounds like the new versions are even better.

Love me some late-model Mantras if I'm wanting the damp metal feeling, and I've got Skevik Loken 106 for a DD for pretty much everything else.

Why delete the snark?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Why delete the snark?
    I'm turning over a new leaf.

Hugh Conway Guest
    so why the fuck are you still here giving advice on shemale skis?

Get a snow board, you can falling leaf down everything

I've skied both the new Mantra and the E100. They are both great. Picture driving a powerful luxury sports sedan, BMW M5,
    big S series Audi. To be fair I've got more time on the Rossi. It's my pick of the two, but I'd be happy with the Volkl as well.
    I wondered if either new version would trump what I considered to be two benchmark skis in this category. The engineers and product teams have prevailed and made them better, how?
    The new Mantra, I'm not sure if it's construction or rocker profile makes for a very predictable turn shape and power. I find that reassuring at the speeds I like to ski this type of ski. I trust it's going where I've got it pointed and will keep going that way with no questions.
    The new E100, has a new tip construction and rocker profile, they've reduced tip weight and made the rocker more subtle. I was wondering if it would take away the attributes of the E98 I loved, freight train power and hold. I was glad to see the ski retains the power and hold of the 98, but is less of a handful when you've got to shut it down or changing from groomed/smooth into crud/chop ect.
    So, the Mantra plenty of performance, will give back what you put into it in spades, the E100 go just as fast think less, a bit more subtle.
    Either way is winning I'd ski either as a daily driver.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    so why the fuck are you still here giving advice on shemale skis?
    But I'm not giving, I'm trying to receive...snark free.

These are very stressful times for me Hugh, with the old favorites going away. I may be forced start skiing with a more flowing jibby style if I can't find a charging, high horsepower ski, which in turn will necessitate that I look the part and require a complete wardrobe change to big lens goggles, tall tees, XXXL sweatshirts and baggy pants.

I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Thanks FC for the summary, so bottom line it's real close again.

Timberridge, if you haven't considered the Blizzard Brahma, it would be great on the EC, plenty of power and still good in the soft stuff.

Finstah Guest
    Timberridge, just last month you took serious exception with me when I suggested that a 100mm waisted skis would likely be too wide for an 8 year old child. I'm surprised you are seeking out the same width ski that you consider to be appropriate for an 8 year old. Not being a smart ass, just after you were so adamant that a 100mm waist was not too wide for an 8 year old I had you pegged as one of those hacks who skids around the EC on a 120mm waisted ski everyday.

Here it is, guess it was 2 months ago http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...s-everyday-ski